✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Army of One

getithom

I agree ........ there is nothing really special here for me atleast

This and XMTS are the weakest part of the album

I do not agree, at all.. I think it's one of the 'strongest' parts on the album, together with XMTS, which I'm beginning to like. I'm also pretty sure that it will be played live during the tour.

Has really grown on me. I actually quite like the lyrics.

Same here. After a week of listening, the song is finally starting to click with me. The lyrics aren't bad and that organ sound is unlike anything I've heard from the band. If I had to change one thing, I would only make the song a bit longer.

My favourite song on the album at the moment. I'll probably do like I did with Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love and separate the two manually, then rename them as separate tracks. Never did understand this joint tracks idea. Lovers in Japan is 5/5 for me and Reign of Love I don't even listen to.

Just an opinion...

IMO Lovers In Japan/Reing Of Love are my best part of VLVODAAHF but hey that just me

it's shame though the Hidden Tracks really one of the uniquest things about Coldplay .. Live For Living even the studio one , Reign of Love, Chinese Sleep Chant, The Escapist, Til Kingdom Come, O .. all of these are amazing but then X Marks The Spot came

• Like 1

Didnt really like it at first.

But I have to admit Army of One has grown on me a lot.

That organ and bass are just sublime! And its one of those tracks I started to like after

hearing with (good) earphones, because you can hear much more details. Same goes for Birds, btw.

Only complaint: It should be at least one minute longer.

For now a 8/10.

I was thinking Noel Gallagher for this one too :P

I think this should be the single cover though! (if it becomes one)

6997298.jpg?size=640x420

Wouldn't it be awesome if Noel Gallagher made a guest appearance at one or some of Coldplay's concerts next year?

Try explaining that to their packed concert halls full of 20-, 30-, and 40-somethings...

So? Let me tell you one thing, I work with Japanese people, and ALL of them love Taylor Swift. I don't find it normal that people aged 50 or 60 listen to this music and consider it 'favorite'. People have very mediocre taste in music nowadays. fact.

So? Let me tell you one thing, I work with Japanese people, and ALL of them love Taylor Swift. I don't find it normal that people aged 50 or 60 listen to this music and consider it 'favorite'. People have very mediocre taste in music nowadays. fact.

so you are the arbiter of what is and what is not "normal" in society.. cool ;) ;) congrats

• Like 3

so you are the arbiter of what is and what is not "normal" in society.. cool ;) ;) congrats

You are focusing on this word way too much. What I meant was that it's ridiculous, and shows that there is no real recognition of quality.

Sorry for taking music a bit more seriously than "shake shake shake it out". Call me an elitist, for all I care, but I believe that the world has truly stopped caring about getting quality, they only get what they are served so blindly, it disgusts me.

You are focusing on this word way too much. What I meant was that it's ridiculous, and shows that there is no real recognition of quality.

Sorry for taking music a bit more seriously than "shake shake shake it out". Call me an elitist, for all I care, but I believe that the world has truly stopped caring about getting quality, they only get what they are served so blindly, it disgusts me.

Just like the Joker said.. "Why so serious? ;) music is not just a serious intellectual exercise.. sometimes, people just want to listen to "Silly Love Songs" ... just like what paul mccartney said in that song :

"You'd think that people would have had enough of silly love songs

I look around me and I see it isn't so

Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs

And what's wrong with that?

I'd like to know

'Cause here I go again

I love you, I love you

I love you, I love you" ;) ;) ;)

• Like 1

I thought by now I'd be a little tired of this song (it's the one I listened to most often), but I'm not and it's still infusing me with happiness every time I listen to it. Whether it's a quality tune per se - I don't know, who am I to judge? But it makes me feel something and that's what makes it great for me. :)

I thought by now I'd be a little tired of this song (it's the one I listened to most often), but I'm not and it's still infusing me with happiness every time I listen to it. Whether it's a quality tune per se - I don't know, who am I to judge? But it makes me feel something and that's what makes it great for me. :)

Now I am curious...how many times did you listen to it? hehe I want to compare my geeky song count to other fellow coldplayers hehe

If the song touches you and gives you happiness, it then stands out from other songs you listen to, therefore its a quality tune! :D And meh dont let other people tell you you are not qualified to judge whether a piece of music is good or moves you: you have ears and a brain to process the sound, ergo you´re qualified hehe :)

I enjoy this song too every time because it makes me feel so determined to go to battle hehe I especially love parts like "I never say die, im never untrue".

And I totally agree with your last sentence: thats what matters about anything really :)

• Like 2

It's not about quality. It's finding what makes you happy even when it's ridiculous!

• Like 2

It's not about quality. It's finding what makes you happy even when it's ridiculous!

Haha I love what you just said :) reminds me of a time in my life when I used to ,well, mock myself for something I´d say or do or even like (your inner critic can be the worse!) and then I realised that it was really just a form of self censorship and it was so limiting, let alone hurtful. So since then I embrace it all, even the silly faces I make on the mirror in the morning LOL It has made me a much happier person and I feel much more loved. I guess that is why I tend to really really dislike any form of mockery or ridicule of someone´s genuine self expression, because I remember how bad it felt when I did it towards myself :/

• Like 2