✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Army of One

getithom

Some people who don't like the song that much, have said that it's kind of forgettable.

I really love this song, and funnily enough for me it is, too. :lol:

It's a really strange thing, because when I haven't listened to it for a while I cannot immediately bring my head to remembering it. It's not like other songs (loved of not loved) that can pop into my head at random moments and that might stay there hauntingly. And at the same time, whenever I listen to the song again, I immediately remember why I love it and then it all comes back. It's like a new and yet familiar experience every time. Keeps the song fresh for me. I can't imagine getting sick of it anytime soon. :earmuffs:

(Maybe it's just the beginning of short-term memory loss, LOL.)

• Like 2

@Stephie Did you check out the Coldplaying Listening Party thread? Its to happen this weekend. I can see you´re in Europe, but perhaps you want to participate ? (early morning for you hehe)

If you´re interested (and anyone else reading this), check it out here:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplaying-listening-party.105753/page-4#post-5791362

@Stephie Did you check out the Coldplaying Listening Party thread? Its to happen this weekend. I can see you´re in Europe, but perhaps you want to participate ? (early morning for you hehe)

If you´re interested (and anyone else reading this), check it out here:

http://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplaying-listening-party.105753/page-4#post-5791362

6 am in Germany :)

6 am in Germany :)

Yes hehe I did not want to commit to a time as we have not officially agreed upon one yet *LOL* But yeah it looks so far to be most likely 6 am so far, though if Sunday turns out to be the day it could very well be another time.

• 2 weeks later...

Not liking the cover..... Singer is great, piano too, but its just not this song. It reminds me of Sam Smith a bit, whom I like, but no...Coldplay is something else for me and this style doesn't fit the song imo. Though Coldplay have such melodic songs they sound pretty good no matter how you play them.

Guest diogo_sg
my favorite song of the album. I almost feel like it could mesh with Paradise

Now that I think about it, it definitely could! They both have similar tempos and drumbeats and the explosion of synths at the beginning of Army Of One is also reminiscent of Paradise's.

• 2 months later...

Thoughts:

I really think this song's final mix is either under produced or overproduced. Why?

So these covers are stripped versions with pianos--and they are AMAZING! The melody is great, the piano makes it far more meaningful and uplifting rather than the thumping drums and uninteresting organ. These covers feel more Coldplay than the actual song.

The live version performed at Buenos Aires is also really awesome because Jonny is allowed to play around with his guitar--and they weren't afraid to add extra synth sounds into the mix. The studio version with this free style guitar jam would be infinitely better.

My last word is this: I really hope we eventually get a Army of One Single that includes alternative mixes or perhaps an acoustic version. I think of all the AHFOD tracks, it would have the best acoustic version--would feel very X&Y.

• Like 3