✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Army of One

getithom

It's hard to believe the album is eight months old already, but Army of One has slowly been rising as one of my absolute favorites off the album. If it exists, I'd love to hear an extended version because the instrumentation is legitimately solid and the song itself is just too short. Will's drumming is also very stellar. And I love the use of organ!

and yet they refuse to play it live. WHHHHHHY???؟؟؟

• Like 2

It's hard to believe the album is eight months old already, but Army of One has slowly been rising as one of my absolute favorites off the album. If it exists, I'd love to hear an extended version because the instrumentation is legitimately solid and the song itself is just too short. Will's drumming is also very stellar. And I love the use of organ!

I liked the song when it first came out, but now it's one of my favorites of the last three albums combined. The organ kind of gives off a Fix You vibe and the vocal delivery is stellar. I think it worked well live... I'm not sure why the band doesn't think so. :(

• Like 1

I think this performance was much better:

If they play it like this, I would probably enjoy it at a concert. I like the extended vocal samples in the intro, Jonny sounds really good and I actually don't mind seeing both Will and Guy on drum pads. The extra percussion gives the song a little more intensity. Just make sure Chris' voice is in better form because it still kind of suffers later on in the song.

• Like 1

I am desperitely hoping that they will play Army Of One in the 3rd leg of the tour, like the album version ! But it would be such a pity if they do a playback with the synthesizer (organ-like sounds). Like what they did with the first couple performances of Paradise. Jonny was playing on it but I'm sure that we couldn't here those live sounds. :sad: On the other hand it would be also cool (in my opinion :D) if Jonny fills it up with a riff that leads the song, like he plays at Paradise's choruses.

ColdplayerCP

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here is my review of the song that I never posted until recently:

8. Army of One: This song just works for me, the same way Rainy Day does. I must have listened to it a lot more than the rest of the album but I still find it the most pleasant to listen to, so much so that I repeat it 2 or 3 times through every run of the album. I’m a sucker for Chris’s voice when he gets it right, and this song has by far his best vocals for a very long time and in fact reminds me of his voice during the first three records. The organ is majestic and beautiful and so is the melody. It is the only song on the entire album where Will is on proper drums through the whole song and I love Jonny and Guy’s subtle yet effective touches. It also has the best production on the album and the lyrics while not exceptional, work really well with the song. I could see why some would dismiss it as just another Coldplay ballad but I find it utterly beautiful. 9/10

• Like 3

Here is my review of the song that I never posted until recently:

8. Army of One: This song just works for me, the same way Rainy Day does. I must have listened to it a lot more than the rest of the album but I still find it the most pleasant to listen to, so much so that I repeat it 2 or 3 times through every run of the album. I’m a sucker for Chris’s voice when he gets it right, and this song has by far his best vocals for a very long time and in fact reminds me of his voice during the first three records. The organ is majestic and beautiful and so is the melody. It is the only song on the entire album where Will is on proper drums through the whole song and I love Jonny and Guy’s subtle yet effective touches. It also has the best production on the album and the lyrics while not exceptional, work really well with the song. I could see why some would dismiss it as just another Coldplay ballad but I find it utterly beautiful. 9/10

Like the review but sorry to break your heart, his vocals are auto tuned...

*Sigh* Do you know what auto tune is and what it does?

I do. I'm not referring to the vocal chops. Refer to the end of the song. I admit I at first didn't notice it either but one day I heard the slight manipulation. On the "one" it goes down to perfectly. Some pop songs turn it a really aggressive setting to get a robot sound (ex: Daft Punk "One More Time") but this one tried to hide it. But failed. Which is why it's lazy and bad.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you mean my comment, or in general ? I don't have the files at all :)

oops, this is not in the thread that I wanted to put it in, it should be in the X Marks the Spot thread.

But this comment can be read as general, and not because of what you wrote. :)

Btw, I think you must be able to get them because you were sent a DM a few weeks ago.

oops, this is not in the thread that I wanted to put it in, it should be in the X Marks the Spot thread.

But this comment can be read as general, and not because of what you wrote. :)

Btw, I think you must be able to get them because you were sent a DM a few weeks ago.

Oh the individual tracks you mean ! I thought you meant the other link you took down. :confused: :D

• 2 months later...
Well, it is hard to prevent that people do that.

I also think they are distributed everywhere by now.

Oh, I actually only posted it because I liked the fact that someone had deleted the chopped-vocals. Not a fan of them. Although of course without them now the song sounds like it missing something, because one has gotten used to the album version by now :D

Oh, I actually only posted it because I liked the fact that someone had deleted the chopped-vocals. Not a fan of them. Although of course without them now the song sounds like it missing something, because one has gotten used to the album version by now :D

it's like beauty to my ears

without those vocals it could use some guitar maybe :cool: but i love that synth even on its own

• Like 1