✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AOAL Music Video (Out Nov 27th)

Sparky

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Product placement and commercial confirmed as being the due to financial issues with the making of the video by Chris Martin in an interview with German magazine SPIEGEL: http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/coldplay-interview-mit-chris-martin-zu-a-head-full-of-dreams-a-1066226.html

The relevant passage translated:

CM: ...At first, we could not afford it.

SPIEGEL: You sold 80 Million albums. You tell me that you could not afford a video ?

CM: It was very expensive. Besides, we haven't been on tour for a long time. We needed support in order to pay for these very expensive animations. Beats, the headphone company,...

SPIEGEL:...which belongs to Apple now.....

CM: ....agreed to pay for our video. Not everybody in the band felt immediately comfortable with this.

To be honest, I don't quite believe it was not at all affordable for them - rather sounds to me like they didn't wanna touch their own vast fortunes to support the video....

The very last sentence in that paragraph gives me hope, though.

Interesting ! Thanks for that info. And you dont dip considerably in your personal "fortune" to pay for a business investment unless absolutely necessary. Good to keep the two separated imo. I would also have rather made an exception for that one video and accepted product placement. Its ok if its only ONE time and no more...if it happened again, it would certainly taint their reputation.

• Like 1

Oh dear, he sounds vile. Why would the be any reason to bring any of that up? Hope the company has words with him.

I always kinda liked Jonathan Ross the few times I watched his interviews. He has some crass comments sometimes but so does (or did) David Letterman and many others. Its not uncommon to drop a "non-policatally correct" comment or two to shock the audience and cause a laugh...as long as its not overdone, I dont mind it.

I always kinda liked Jonathan Ross the few times I watched his interviews. He has some crass comments sometimes but so does (or did) David Letterman and many others. Its not uncommon to drop a "non-policatally correct" comment or two to shock the audience and cause a laugh...as long as its not overdone, I dont mind it.

I don't think I actually realised who they were talking about when I wrote that, I just remember reading it was an interviewer or something. I'm well aware of who he is and I'm always a bit unsure of what I think of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...