✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AOAL Music Video (Out Nov 27th)

Sparky

Such a terrible video. Artistically because of the motion capture great but as a Coldplay music video it's terrible, the dancing, handiclapping monkeys and the Beats pill in it.... Urgghhhh horrible.

It's just supposed to be a bit of fun!

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Principles ?

Obvious product placement is obvious.

From the band who refused multi-million offers to have their music featured in corporate advertising to this. Just goes to show how much not only the music, but the principles have changed.

#OldplayForLife[/quote

I sooo agree with this especially as I've just found out they will be on the Jonathon Ross show on Sat'y. How you can try to further gender equality etc. and have anything to do with that vile man is beyond me. I deffo won't be watching that - sadly. :no:

I was thinking today that what alternatives we could've had for the ape video.

One could have been

--- the band visiting some beautiful island and enjoying the shit out of themselves. Skydiving, Rafting, Scuba diving. I know this is a bit one direction type but could've looked better as the song is called "Adventure of a Lifetime"

Or

-- they could have made a kind of documentary on the journey of the band till now or for this album. This could've also fit with the song title and lyrics.

I could totally imagine these two videos being much better than the ape one.

Did you guys thunk of anything or can think of anything like these?

Obvious product placement is obvious.

From the band who refused multi-million offers to have their music featured in corporate advertising to this. Just goes to show how much not only the music, but the principles have changed.

#OldplayForLife[/quote

I sooo agree with this especially as I've just found out they will be on the Jonathon Ross show on Sat'y. How you can try to further gender equality etc. and have anything to do with that vile man is beyond me. I deffo won't be watching that - sadly. :no:

I think there is a difference between having a product placement in your music video and having your music in a full-blown commercial. I only sort-of know who Jonathan Ross is so I don't know what he said or did. Can you explain?

Product placement and commercial confirmed as being the due to financial issues with the making of the video by Chris Martin in an interview with German magazine SPIEGEL: http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/coldplay-interview-mit-chris-martin-zu-a-head-full-of-dreams-a-1066226.html

The relevant passage translated:

CM: ...At first, we could not afford it.

SPIEGEL: You sold 80 Million albums. You tell me that you could not afford a video ?

CM: It was very expensive. Besides, we haven't been on tour for a long time. We needed support in order to pay for these very expensive animations. Beats, the headphone company,...

SPIEGEL:...which belongs to Apple now.....

CM: ....agreed to pay for our video. Not everybody in the band felt immediately comfortable with this.

To be honest, I don't quite believe it was not at all affordable for them - rather sounds to me like they didn't wanna touch their own vast fortunes to support the video....

The very last sentence in that paragraph gives me hope, though.

Ross made several homophobic comments, is I think generally one of the more vulgar radio hosts and in 2008 he talked about Gwyneth Paltrow saying he "would f*** her"...especially considering the latter, makes me wonder why Chris agreed to go there.

Oh dear, he sounds vile. Why would the be any reason to bring any of that up? Hope the company has words with him.

coldplay have had long ties with jonathan ross. he got sacked and then reinstated for something really stupid he did, and when coldplay went on the radio show after that chris even did a song about him, like he did 'gone but not f'cotton'. they have been friends for awhile i think.

• 3 weeks later...
I still don't really wanna watch it again. It's fun but doesn't add anything to the music in the way the Birds video does imo.

Cant say I think either adds anything to the songs...

To be perfectly honest I dont think Coldplay have made many memorable videos all in all hehe Ironically my favourite is probably the one they ended up not using for ASFOS! I also like Every Teardrop and Princess.

Oh dear, he sounds vile. Why would the be any reason to bring any of that up? Hope the company has words with him.

Just read the couple of posts around this one - so glad to read other people's comments about this revolting man (J.Ross). Felt like it was only me who couldn't stand him. I didn't watch either of his shows when CP were on ! A great sacrifice, but I refuse to have him in my home.:no:

Sad to read the post that talks about Chris being a friend of his - OH !!!!! that's so depressing. :sick: