✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

AOAL Music Video (Out Nov 27th)

Sparky

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say I found myself going "what the hell. Everybody (non-coldplayers) and also some coldplayrs are going to think this is stupid" but at the same time I was cracking up laughing and that it was hilarious and stupid hahaha :P I understand if people say it's dumb, but I enjoyed it, they are having fun haha

And also, the motion capture is so cool too which is awesome!

It is fun +++ But I do have mixed feelings about it - smart product placement (but still product placement nonetheless). At some level they are making fun of themselves (and anybody else who is taking them too seriously)... Unfortunately (for some fans here), they have gone totally pop. Not just that - they take the seriousness of rock and their own pretensions in it and stomp it in the face and break any remaining preconceived ideas about who they are / should be and what they can / can't do...

This is by far the worst music video I've seen for a very long time. I'm not at all bothered though. They've been shit since VLV and Ghost Story was the only decent one in 8 years.

I'm just curious as to why they bother making such fucking horrible videos. Waste of time and resources if you ask me.

This is by far the worst music video I've seen for a very long time. I'm not at all bothered though. They've been shit since VLV and Ghost Story was the only decent one in 8 years.

I'm just curious as to why they bother making such fucking horrible videos. Waste of time and resources if you ask me.

Strawberry Swing? ETIAW?

And which GS video did you find decent?

I've come to accept that Coldplay's music videos don't hold a massively high standard, but at least this one is 'fun'. I think it is quite funny when the chimps start poking the instruments and are not sure what to do with them!

There is usually at least one decent music video for the past couple of eras, maybe this one will be HFTW

Well, to keep the monkey inspired theme going on, I could say I find this video bananas.

The only way I can appreciate this is to remove it completely from Coldplay and concentrate solely on the craftmanship of the artists and animators who made it happen. I like the lighting, the atmosphere, the environments, and the way they made the monkey fur look very realistic. I also like the fact that the video starts in the morning and end with the sunset. And also the plants look extremely real, that's awesome!

High expectations are always going to leave you disappointed.

It's a fun song and a fun video. Not going to watch it over and over it again but it was entertaining :)

What about having no expectations at all and they still manage to disappoint you? :blank:

Well, the music video is really quite funny. If you had told me a year ago that we'll see the band as dancing apes I would have thought you're crazy. However, at times it felt a little silly and I usually prefer thoughtful videos instead of funny ones. I don't feel the urge to watch it a second time.

As a lot of folks have said already, the obvious product placement is quite disappointing. I swear these Beats Pills keep appearing in every second music video... (usually in crappy pop music videos :laugh3:). It's not even an ethical question for me. It just kills the mood of the video because you know the only purpose of that thing is to make Apple sell their overpriced products. It reminds me of these cringeworthy scenes in movies where the camera zooms in extra to highlight that the guy is using Bing on a Sony Xperia.