✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is it just me or the "Birds" Lyrics are perfect fit for "Us Against the World" Melody?

DesoxyN

From what I could decipher, the lyrics are:

"So fly on, silver bird

Fly home to me

I know that I could give the world

Only you can set me free

So fly on and sail the rose?

Oh fly home to me

I wanna see ?

And the water rose

And pulled you back to me"

Really beautiful. I agree that even if it's sped up, this is going to be an amazing song :wacky:

"And the water rose / And pulled you back to me" is such an amazing line omg I want it now

Yes. I am already a big fan of UATW, but this melody (and its lyrics) are FAR more beautiful and powerful. I will be interested to see what this actually is... maybe it is everglow? Who knows. Either way, I want that melody and I want Chris on acoustic guitar again. Also hope it has this folky feel. The actual song could be far different sonically on the album...SO excited to hear these first couple songs. Typically Coldplay does their best in the first few songs on an album imo.

^ I'm beginning to feel there's a decent chance that this isn't "Birds," since, as we know, "Birds" is supposedly more up-tempo. Maybe this is a coda of some sort? Or this is the beginning and the whole song builds into a big crescendo like 42 or DaAHF (that would be cool)? If it isn't Birds, I'm willing to bet it's Everglow.

Did we ever have the original setlist for the concert? That would definitely narrow the choices down to three at the very least (since we were supposedly getting 4 new ones, one of which was AoaL).

My question is if it sounds good slow, how could it be an uptempo song... Does that mean Chris liked it even better fast? Which brings me to, if it is good slow then... How good is it fast?

That's what I'm wondering as well. I can't imagine whatever this song is being any better played in a faster tempo. I've never been the biggest fan of UAtW, but these lyrics work so beautifully with it that I almost hope it doesn't change :lol:

That's what I'm wondering as well. I can't imagine whatever this song is being any better played in a faster tempo. I've never been the biggest fan of UAtW, but these lyrics work so beautifully with it that I almost hope it doesn't change :lol:

I guess if this song was chosen to be uptempo, it obviously sounded better to Chris or whoever chose it... So if I have a little time to myself I'll try playing the main melody sped up a little on the piano. Or... Is it possible for it to have the slow melody but then somehow have it sound happy?

Or it could be Coldplay trolling us because they have a knack of naming songs after lyrics never found in the chorus...

^ I'm starting to think it's reaaaal likely that the little snippet is actually from Everglow. For some reason I remember a bunch of us deciding that "the falling of snow" phrase on Chris's shirt was part of that song, and I could see "the falling of snow" fitting in with the lyrics from the snippet. "Snow" is also a slant rhyme to "rose."

. . . Or maybe I just really want this little thing to stay the same as it is *clutches snippet to chest*

Or maybe I just really want this little thing to stay the same as it is *clutches snippet to chest*

this is the best snippet we've seen from coldplay since ghost story. the vocal is fabulous and has been stuck in my head more so than any other song this era so far.

Maybe this is indeed a part of 'Everglow' since I heard somewhere that the ''chorus of the ballad Everglow reminded us a bit of Disney's 'Let it go' '' . And after listening to these lyrics in the context of UATW I do think it has the somewhat the same feel to it.

Maybe this is indeed a part of 'Everglow' since I heard somewhere that the ''chorus of the ballad Everglow reminded us a bit of Disney's 'Let it go' '' . And after listening to these lyrics in the context of UATW I do think it has the somewhat the same feel to it.

It doesn't sound like let it go to me at all...

Well not really sound like, but I guess it has somewhat the same power and the feel to it... (Not that I've ever really listened to 'Let it go' haha)

Let it go, from what my sister sang in my ear to me, seems a liiiitttle annoying and I mean powerful but not the best melody line at all