✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-26] Chris Martin Interview with Zane Lowe (Beats 1)

Yeah, the thing I kinda learned is that whatever the band does, there will always be some backlash. But that goes for anything and everything. You're never gonna have everyone agree on everything. So, just kinda accept that inevitability and choose to be positive.

I appreciate the advice. :) Wise times. What'd you think of it?

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate the advice. :) Wise times. What'd you think of it?

Exceeded my expectations. I didn't think much of it when I heard the snippet (and kept the negative comments to myself). So when I heard it, I thought it was pretty good.

Exceeded my expectations. I didn't think much of it when I heard the snippet (and kept the negative comments to myself). So when I heard it, I thought it was pretty good.

Same here. Definitely better than the snippet I thought. But I of course think people have the right to express negative opinions as that was me much of the GS era. :nod: We're all hard to please in our own way.

Same here. Definitely better than the snippet I thought. But I of course think people have the right to express negative opinions as that was me much of the GS era. :nod: We're all hard to please in our own way.

Haa right. But I almost feel outnumbered sometimes with the negativity. I thought I'd just be quiet and not add it.

Unique? I mean. :thinking: It's just him singing falsetto the whole song unnecessarily. It's too saccharine. There are plenty of "pop" artists who do that. Melodies? What If is just simple piano and then oooo's and a painful wall of sound. At least he's playing something a little more complex here. Fix You's jam at the end is unusual, I will say that. Still sounds bombastic though as much as I like Jonny's guitar.

Coldplay have never operated in a vacuum. And 2000's pop songs are rap and big synth choruses/EDM, not ballads. I know because many songs on the radio make my head want to explode. Piano ballads have been around and popular since the 70's at least. It's not a sudden, new trend.

If you want to talk about what was "popular" back in the early 2000's, there were plenty of bands that sounded like Coldplay. Keane, Muse, Travis, Doves, you name it. It's never been a question of them being crazy original (except during Viva) I'd say. It's just what your taste is and I like piano music. The band isn't new to piano-driven songs or ballads.

So you saying square one isn't unique?, or the chorus of x&y itself with loads of guitars. The space rock vibe from the album.. it was different, it has identity. White shadows isn't unique? Cmon.....I understand your point but those are really good melodies.. maybe not thaat unique as viva la vida album but it was very good. And wth falsetto everytime??? Say that to mylo, cos in x&y he does a good balance between the falsetto and the normal voice besides he screams a lot in x&y and was great screams. It was very original that album too. Of course you could relate to somethings but it stills like something different.

Low *----*

So you saying square one isn't unique?, or the chorus of x&y itself with loads of guitars. The space rock vibe from the album.. it was different, it has identity. White shadows isn't unique? Cmon.....I understand your point but those are really good melodies.. maybe not thaat unique as viva la vida album but it was very good. And wth falsetto everytime??? Say that to mylo, cos in x&y he does a good balance between the falsetto and the normal voice besides he screams a lot in x&y and was great screams. It was very original that album too. Of course you could relate to somethings but it stills like something different.

Low *----*

I was talking about What If and Fix You not being "unique". :) There are great songs on X&Y. A Message, Talk, Square One and Til Kingdom Come stick out to me. I think he uses too much/too intense falsetto on What If, that's what I meant. MX has a good vocal balance. Only high vocals I hear there are Paradise on the chorus, ETiAW and HLH. It is a good album and the space sounds are cool. I just think it was their least adventurous (not their worst though) but to each their own.

I have somewhat high hopes for AHFoD after hearing this. Quite a variance in sounds from one song to the next.

*comes to check the thread about how people liked the interview*

*sees people ranting about Coldplay's old songs*

wELL

I'm not surprised!

*leaves thread*

nnnnnononononono Batman. you sTAY hERE.

And now tell us what you think about that new Coldplay song... :sneaky:

she hasnt heard it because shes a wuss.

there I said it batchick

:curtain:

well exCUSE ME, I prefer to to listen to the new album with a completely non-spoiled ear and enjoy having so many new songs, instead of knowing every second song because snippets have been floating around and ruining the experience for me altogether, like back during Ghost Stories were only what felt like 3 songs were left unknown :|

well exCUSE ME, I prefer to to listen to the new album with a completely non-spoiled ear and enjoy having so many new songs, instead of knowing every second song because snippets have been floating around and ruining the experience for me altogether, like back during Ghost Stories were only what felt like 3 songs were left unknown :|

Ah, sorry, didn't know you were preventing yourself from hearing the songs.

Well, prepare to be drowned in a bIIIG sea of cheese !

(there, I said it, y'can all hit me now)

Some people in this forum are so close minded about pop music and electronic sounds that it makes me scary.

Anyways....about the song, I dare to say Everglow is one of their best ballads since X&Y. It's way better than Amazing Day, which I thought was very average.

I was talking about What If and Fix You not being "unique". :) There are great songs on X&Y. A Message, Talk, Square One and Til Kingdom Come stick out to me. I think he uses too much/too intense falsetto on What If, that's what I meant. MX has a good vocal balance. Only high vocals I hear there are Paradise on the chorus, ETiAW and HLH. It is a good album and the space sounds are cool. I just think it was their least adventurous (not their worst though) but to each their own.

I have somewhat high hopes for AHFoD after hearing this. Quite a variance in sounds from one song to the next.

Hehe sorry. And agree abou ahfod. Mx.. I don't know I don't like Chris vocals much.. so many ooooh.. its doesn't feel emotional

Some people in this forum are so close minded about pop music and electronic sounds that it makes me scary.

/typo of the year

Ah, sorry, didn't know you were preventing yourself from hearing the songs.

Well, prepare to be drowned in a bIIIG sea of cheese !

(there, I said it, y'can all hit me now)

Well what can I say? I don't expect anything else from a rainbow coloured album lmao