✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-01] Volksparkstadion, Hamburg, Germany

stephen

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people there don't even know what a collector ticket is ?! Ridiculous... :D

Yes! It was ridiculous...

But after I was in FOS, I got a golden bracelet to leave the Fos whenever I want and so I never had to show that unknown and apparently very rare ticket anymore.

weather was good to me, Little rain on the way, but good at the concert.

Our girls was ask to give away there bags, but just take them inside.

Bad to here some had a Bad time. But we had a blast, again.

and yes, prices were ridiculous high. Beer 5€ and Cocktails 11€....

sure :)

COLDPLAY "IT'S NOT A GOOD TIME FOR BEING ENGLISH"

Since the end of march Coldplay have been on the road with their current album "AHFoD" and the homonymous world tour. Prior to their show in the Olympiastadion in Berlin on Wednesday - one of three shows in Germany - drummer Will Champion and bass player Guy Berryman sit in the catacombs of the stadium.

Do you a relationship to Berlin that evokes any kind of memory or associations?

W.C.: We've already played once the Olympiastadion. There's lots of music that got inspired or influenced in and through Berlin and that was written here. Berlin has a musical soul. We love many of the bands that have made fantastic recordings here: U2, Bowie, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Berlin is a very creative city.

You've been touring a lot all around the world during the past few months, far away from Great Britain. How did you receive the news of the Brexit last week?

W.C.: We spent Thursday and Friday in Amsterdam, but of course all of us still voted. We were shocked, sad and for some days totally shattered. It felt strange playing our shows in Europe, in front of ten thousands of Europeans. I'm ashamed of the result. It's not a good time for being English. I don't believe that the problems, that we have in GB, have much to do in particular with Europe.

What state of mind has brought the British people to this votum`?

W.C.: Desillusion. The people feel excluded of the powerful ones, that make the decisions. The gap between the poor and the rich keeps growing. There are millions of people, that feel as if nobody listened to them and as if they weren't represented. To those people the chance was given to raise their voice. And that's what they did. But I believe, in the end, it's gonna be even more difficult particularly for them.

What effect do you think is Brexit going to have on the British music scene?

Guy Berryman: That's difficult to predict, what kind of effect it is going to have - in any sector: politics, economy or also the every day life of the people. I believe, no one does honestly really know what is going to happen. So why are we taking this risk? That makes me afraid.

W.C.: Are the things in GB really so bad, that we have to take that risk? I don't think so. So, how is the Brexit going to affect the every day life? We'll probably get more answers to this questions with every week, but we're probably not going to see the whole picture but in five or ten years,

Thus far for now. gotta go to bed. maybe somebody else will go on...?

• Like 3

Was this meant to be humourous? I can't tell if you're referring to refugees seeking safety in Europe or something else entirely.

It refers to people from UK who want to stay in the EU and don't want to stay in a UK that is not part of the EU, thus seeking refuge in European countries :)

I wish I got the poster back, but the Handsome Roadie™, also known as Ali, carefully picked the BRexit poster up after the song, gently put it between a stack of two black towels, and just carried it away back to the stage. I have no idea where it is now :wacko:

I HOPE IT DIDN'T GO INTO THE TRASH BIN IMMEDIATELY LMAO

There's even concert reviews mentioning your poster, I think I'd be totally dead if I was you[emoji23] [emoji33]

I think the remains of my soul died back there, now my human vessel just remains, doing basic human things :laugh3:

Also, Jonny shook my hand. I try so hard not to fangirl, but man, thE STRUGGLE :bomb:

[MEDIA=imgur]height=189;id=KoaEdH1;type=gifv;width=338[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: http://i.imgur.com/KoaEdH1.mp4

• Like 10

Another RANDOM ASS FAN MOMENT WITH CHRIS (the first one before the Brexit happened lmao):

I made this pretty darn awesome (not) sign in the middle of the rain outside while waiting :awesome:

7b3HdPa.jpg

And because of ridiculous luck Chris spotted that one, he was like singing and reading at the same time. And he stared at it for at least a few seconds. After he was done he just pointed at my face, and I pointed right back to him. And he found that funny (because I didn't scream or just lost my shit, I actually freaking CONTAINED MYSELF FOR A MOMENT THERE and reacted normally holy jesus), smiled, and made his stupid pointing gesture as well. I was like "TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME" and made stupid faces and made this "I SEE YOU" gesture:

?c=1&o1=wi400.he266&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gr-assets.com%2Fimages%2FS%2Fphoto.goodreads.com%2Fhostedimages%2F1379792730i%2F567834.jpg

and he, too

tumblr_nqifeqpe4G1u0o74uo1_500.gif

it went back and forth, several times. AND HE WOULDN'T STOP. And we were doing that for way too many times until it got ridiculous and I just gave up and threw my arms up and he ran away singing.

:dead:

• Like 15

Another RANDOM ASS FAN MOMENT WITH CHRIS (the first one before the Brexit happened lmao):

I made this pretty darn awesome (not) sign in the middle of the rain outside while waiting :awesome:

7b3HdPa.jpg

And because of ridiculous luck Chris spotted that one, he was like singing and reading at the same time. And he stared at it for at least a few seconds. After he was done he just pointed at my face, and I pointed right back to him. And he found that funny (because I didn't scream or just lost my shit, I actually freaking CONTAINED MYSELF FOR A MOMENT THERE and reacted normally holy jesus), smiled, and made his stupid pointing gesture as well. I was like "TWO CAN PLAY THAT GAME" and made stupid faces and made this "I SEE YOU" gesture:

?c=1&o1=wi400.he266&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gr-assets.com%2Fimages%2FS%2Fphoto.goodreads.com%2Fhostedimages%2F1379792730i%2F567834.jpg

and he, too

it went back and forth, several times. AND HE WOULDN'T STOP. And we were doing that for way too many times until it got ridiculous and I just gave up and threw my arms up and he ran away singing.

I wish someone finds a video of this moment! It's unbelievable! And really, how were you able to contain yourself?!

I wish someone finds a video of this moment! It's unbelievable! And really, how were you able to contain yourself?!
Holy frick, sAME!

Probably because I've been to Berlin and Hannover prior to that concert, suffered from severe sleep deprivation and general body ache and was basically observing everything on a scale from Lol what is even happening to I don't care about my eyeball anymore so.. yeah. I was pretty chill for the most part :laugh3::lol:

• Like 2

7b3HdPa.jpg

and he, too

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

this is way to funny :dead:

• Like 1

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

this is way to funny :dead:

r u ok