✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so today Germany's national soccer team is playing in Veltins-Arena on a friendly match and I'm amazed to see how the grass looks undamaged, they sure did a great job protecting it

What I learned while queuing for the concert: The arena has a mobile football turf that they move out of the arena between games and when other events are taking place, so the grass can regenerate and isn't damaged. Watched a video of it this week and it looks quite cool when they move it in and out beneath one of the stands. Takes four hours one way. :D

• Like 3

Did those who attended the Manchester dates feel that the daylight took away from the live experience at the beginning of the show? I just want to know what to expect at Wembley!

As I've been in Manchester and even if it was my first live, I think that daylight is not that problem..The beginning was really awsome and, for example, Birds is amazing with a bit of sunshine left and confetti falling!:blush:

Here's a pic I took in that moment!

• Like 4

As I've been in Manchester and even if it was my first live, I think that daylight is not that problem..The beginning was really awsome and, for example, Birds is amazing with a bit of sunshine left and confetti falling!:blush:

Here's a pic I took in that moment!

Thanks, nice photo! I guess there are pros and cons for both daylight and night. If I can see the Xylobands light up during Charlie Brown, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

Thanks, nice photo! I guess there are pros and cons for both daylight and night. If I can see the Xylobands light up during Charlie Brown, I'll be happy.

Oh, no problem for it...When Charlie Brown will be played you'll have an amazing view...Or better, you'll be glowing in the dark!:smartass:

• Like 1

Hi Guyssss,, have any of you met the band personally? I really2 want to meet them,, do you have any idea how? I went to the gig at glasgow and will go for Wembley too,, i really2 want to meet them., :(((

I was wondering: Has the band ever commented on the tendency to book female supporting artists for their last couple of tours? I think it's a great thing, because women tend to be underrepresented in the music industry and there are so many great female artists out there. But I've never seen it mentioned in any interview. It already became more noticable during the MX tour, and is very much so now with AHFOD.

AHFOD Tour:

Female:

Lianne La Havas, Hana, María Colores, Gala Brie, Tiê, Elsa y Elmar, Ximena Sariñana, Alessia Cara, Foxes, Lea Lu, Birdy, Bishop Briggs

Male:

Reef

Ghost Stories Tour:

Female:

SZA

With female band members:

London Grammar, AlunaGeorge

MX Tour:

Female:

Marina & The Diamonds, Emeli Sandé, The Pierces, Rita Ora, Robyn, Charlie XCX

Metronomy

Male:

The Low Suns, Ash, Wolf Gang, The Temper Trap, Naturally 7

Viva La Vida Tour:

Female:

Santigold, Duffy, Bat For Lashes, Miss Montreal, Girls Aloud, La Roux, Hollie Smith

Shearwater, Howling Bells, Amadou & Mariam, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, The High Wire, The Domino State, Decoder Ring, The Ting Tings

Male:

The Blue Jackets, Jon Hopkins, Sleepercar, Snow Patrol, Pete Yorn, Elbow, Albert Hammond Jr., Eugene Francis Jnr and the Juniors, Kilians, The Flaming Lips, The White Lies, Moi Caprice, Datarock, Ministri, Pegasus, The Sunday Drivers, Jay-Z, Mercury Rev, Vanguart

• Like 7

Hi Guyssss,, have any of you met the band personally? I really2 want to meet them,, do you have any idea how? I went to the gig at glasgow and will go for Wembley too,, i really2 want to meet them., :(((

Unfortunately it's unlikely to meet them after a show. They usually leave immediately after the last song and get driven away from the venue before people are even done clapping. This is so they don't get trapped in traffic along with everyone else trying to leave at the same time. They call this "doing a runner". Some coldplayers (myself not included :cry:) have met members of the band at different times. Usually from hanging out outside their studios (Beehive or Bakery), chance sightings, or an arranged interview that Batman was lucky to get once. There are some threads about this in the forums. Good luck in your quest!

• Like 2

I have a question to those who have been sitting in the higher and farther away ranks at stadium shows !

So my seat in a US stadium is in the higher ranks and a bit farther away from the stage (not the lowest price category, but the second-lowest.....tickets were so expensive in general, at least for my current budget). When I watch videos from shows I hear a lot of surrounding noise by people screaming, singing along or even plainly talking, and in the videos I sometimes find it hard to actually hear Chris sometimes (for example during Fix You or C-stage appearances).

Is this a real problem when you are far away from the stage ? Has anyone in the higher ranks had trouble actually hearing everything from the concert ?

I have a question to those who have been sitting in the higher and farther away ranks at stadium shows !

So my seat in a US stadium is in the higher ranks and a bit farther away from the stage (not the lowest price category, but the second-lowest.....tickets were so expensive in general, at least for my current budget). When I watch videos from shows I hear a lot of surrounding noise by people screaming, singing along or even plainly talking, and in the videos I sometimes find it hard to actually hear Chris sometimes (for example during Fix You or C-stage appearances).

Is this a real problem when you are far away from the stage ? Has anyone in the higher ranks had trouble actually hearing everything from the concert ?

I think you shouldn't worry about that. I saw them in a stadium too and I had one of the most expensive tickets (in my country they call it "Pista Ring", it's the closest area to the main stage). Apparently those were the best places, but sometimes the sound was extremely loud and I couldn't appreciate so good the music. Other times all I could hear or watch was people jumping and screaming (so was I), there was so many people around me... it was insane haha! :laugh4: So finally I thought those weren't the best places after all. Being near the stage is not always better. Despite that, my experience was incredible and I wouldn't change it at all. So my point is that you're going to enjoy anyway if you love Coldplay... their show is amazing no matter where you are :)

(PD: sorry for my english, sometimes it's hard to me to explain things in this language :worried:)

• Like 1

Do the band normally shook fans hands when they go down from B stage to C stage ? It happened to me at Wembley just raised my hands towards them while they went off the B stage (during Kaleidoscope) and both Will and Guy shook my hand but i didnt see them doing it to anybody else ...

• Like 2

Do the band normally shook fans hands when they go down from B stage to C stage ? It happened to me at Wembley just raised my hands towards them while they went off the B stage (during Kaleidoscope) and both Will and Guy shook my hand but i didnt see them doing it to anybody else ...

Consider yourself lucky :)

• Like 1

I noticed that in all TV shows where they play clips of the AHFOD tour they're all from Barcelona. In that Dutch TV show interview they showed clips from Barcelona and I think in a German one as well.

Could that maybe mean that footage for a live DVD was recorded there?[emoji1]

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm confused. I was about to go to sleep and suddenly my xyloband just went on and now it's flashing on random frequency. The xyloband is from Copenhagen and I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you guys? :D

• Like 1

I'm confused. I was about to go to sleep and suddenly my xyloband just went on and now it's flashing on random frequency. The xyloband is from Copenhagen and I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you guys? :D

That's funny, same thing happened to someone else here. I'm not sure what's going on.

Actually the same thing has happened several times to many people around here! However, we didn't get to know why was this happening... in my case my xyloband started to bright when I turned on my phone bluetooth, but that was just me, others members tried this and it didn't work out for them... so I guess all you can do is enjoy the moment haha

Actually the same thing has happened several times to many people around here! However, we didn't get to know why was this happening... in my case my xyloband started to bright when I turned on my phone bluetooth, but that was just me, others members tried this and it didn't work out for them... so I guess all you can do is enjoy the moment haha

It's an Everglow [emoji12]

But speaking of xylobands, I posted a question about them in another thread, but haven't gotten an answer yet. Does anyone know if the old xylobands from the MX tour are lighting up during the AHFOD shows? I have a couple from that tour that I'd like to wear this weekend at the Chicago shows. I wonder if they'll glow along with the new ones, or just be really cool bracelets.