✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

It's an Everglow [emoji12]

But speaking of xylobands, I posted a question about them in another thread, but haven't gotten an answer yet. Does anyone know if the old xylobands from the MX tour are lighting up during the AHFOD shows? I have a couple from that tour that I'd like to wear this weekend at the Chicago shows. I wonder if they'll glow along with the new ones, or just be really cool bracelets.

I for one am curious to know if a xyloband from one AHFOD show will light up at a different show. I can't make it to the show in my home city, but I do wonder if my Glasto xyloband would work if I were able to bring it.

• Like 1

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the band normally shook fans hands when they go down from B stage to C stage ? It happened to me at Wembley just raised my hands towards them while they went off the B stage (during Kaleidoscope) and both Will and Guy shook my hand but i didnt see them doing it to anybody else ...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY.

(P.s. this might be a very late reaction :D)

I for one am curious to know if a xyloband from one AHFOD show will light up at a different show. I can't make it to the show in my home city, but I do wonder if my Glasto xyloband would work if I were able to bring it.

I'd be curious too. Maybe there is someone that has a Xyloband from another show like you who can make it to the show and is able to bring it to the show, with help of his/her pocket, in case that those people that give them away do not think he/she took more than one Xyloband (if this isn't allowed:))? It would be cool if he/she could test it.

I got a reply to my question about the MX tour xylobands working on the AHFOD tour (they do not), but I'm still bringing mine just for fun.

As far as them working from one show to the next on this tour, I would think they should work, at least during the same leg of the tour. I understand that in Europe, the bands were different colors and say Coldplay on them. Someone who attended one of the NY/NJ shows mentioned the bands are all white now and don't say Coldplay anymore. Since the appearance of them changed, there's a chance the technology and programming might be different too. No idea for sure, but that's my guess.

• Like 2

I got a reply to my question about the MX tour xylobands working on the AHFOD tour (they do not)

Someone who attended one of the NY/NJ shows mentioned the bands all all white now and don't say Coldplay anymore.

they must have changed the frequency :thumbsup:

I haven't been following the USA tour lately, do the xylos there are the same as Latin America ones?

• Like 1

they must have changed the frequency[emoji106]I haven't been following the USA tour lately, do the xylos there are the same as Latin America ones?

I'll find out in a few hours! :-)

EDIT....I realized after posting this that I don't know what the Latin American bands were like to compare them with the US bands. If yours were all white with no writing on them except for the tiny embossed word "Xyloband" on a plastic tab on the band, and they glowed in different colors throughout the show, then yes, they must be like the Latin American ones. Still not sure if the programming is the same though.

• Like 2

I found this "Love Monkey" abandoned on top of a trash can as I left the field after the Sunday Chicago concert. So totally had to bring him home with me. [emoji7]

f6e02c8a6293e6b348b246921d5b1fe3.jpg

If you can't read his belly, it says "[emoji173] LOVE Kiss who's next to you. [emoji182] "

• Like 4

I'm confused. I was about to go to sleep and suddenly my xyloband just went on and now it's flashing on random frequency. The xyloband is from Copenhagen and I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you guys? :D

Yes, that happend to me: on July 6th I awoke to one of my xylobands (a yellow one) flashing. It would flash a couple of times and then stay on longer for a few seconds and then start again. The next day a purple one started to do the same. After a few days the yellow stopped flashing and just glowed continuously, again the purple one did the same a day later. They stayed on till their batteries ran out, this weekend - I was away from Friday - Sunday so I don't know when exactly they stopped, they were still faintly glowing on Friday morning. So all in all they held up for about 17 days. But only those two and none of my others.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys I was just wondering what security is like when entering the venues....like do they check bags or pockets? Are we not allowed to bring in certain things like water bottles, etc? Thanks!

It's probably not the same everywhere but at the concert in Germany where I was they checked the bags carefully and we had to throw our water bottles into the trash can before entering the venue. They also checked that we weren't wearing anything on our bodies.

Maybe try to find the rules of the venue itself so you can check what you're allowed to bring or not.

Hey guys I was just wondering what security is like when entering the venues....like do they check bags or pockets? Are we not allowed to bring in certain things like water bottles, etc? Thanks!

I went to 3 concerts in Germany and 3 in Wembley and it was different every single time. In Wembley umbrellas, selfie sticks and water bottles were not allowed but everybody had selfie sticks and the first night the people around mke who were at a different gate were allowed to take big umbrellas and even 2l-bottles of water in whereas at our gate we could not even bring a little bottle in. The 3rd night they allowed bottles but took away the caps (so I was running to the stage with an open water bottle). In Hamburg we were not allowed to take in any food items (not even a banana or a mintdrop) and when the doors opened they told us that we had to check in ANY bag, no matter how small and made us go to a tent to check them in and PAY for it. But the guy there then told me, no only backpacks, so I could take my bag in after all and it was not even checked once - so I came in with all my chocolate bars ;).

yeah, i would say check for the individual venue, but also just try to bring as little stuff with you as possible. at Lincoln Financial Field, we went through metal detectors and they quickly checked small bags (backpacks had to be stored in lockers or put back in cars, etc), but basically the only things i brought with me were my ticket, phone, and Mylo Xyloto doll :P i didn't even try to bring any water bottle with me, i just drank from the water fountains instead of paying for one inside. :lol:

In Berlin, they didn't look carefully, so we took our water bottles with us. Security wasn't very solicitous.

I think it also depends if you are standing on the floor or sitting in the arena.

My first evening in Wembley I was standing and they quickly looked in my backpack. But I told them immediately that I only had something to eat with me (what was allowed according the Wembley webstite).

The next day I had seating tickets and I went in through the main doors. I got checked with a metal detector and had to open my backpack again.

Big difference.

In Amsterdam they just peeped in my purse and felt if there was anything heavy in it.

Check what is mentioned at the venue's website.

Well the reason I ask is because I might be able to periscope Denver's show, but only if they allow me in with 2 cell phones....and I wouldnt want to be caught explaining to them why I have straps to attach my phone to a pole/beam.

Did you have to empty your pockets?

I don't know how strict the rules are in the US but I have never heard that it would be forbidden to have 2 phones.

Have them separately to make sure.

And I'm looking forward to that Periscope! [emoji4]

Check the venue website, every venue is different. In the US it seemed to be pretty harsh in general, only tiny handbags allowed and everything was always searched. Metlife at least allowed a factory sealed water bottle and a snack, which was great, but Gillette was horrible - the tiny handbag I had for MetLife was too large for them and I had to buy an even tinier one, they did not allow to bring any food or water and the overpriced water they sold inside was not allowed to be sold with its lid on ! Horrible stadium.

Well the reason I ask is because I might be able to periscope Denver's show, but only if they allow me in with 2 cell phones....and I wouldnt want to be caught explaining to them why I have straps to attach my phone to a pole/beam.

we had to empty pockets of keys/phones and stuff for the metal detectors, but i don't think anyone would care if you have two phones with you and you can probably get away with keeping the straps in your pocket.

if they stop you just make a scene and say it's your right as an American to carry straps around, right? that'll work i'm sure :P

we had to empty pockets of keys/phones and stuff for the metal detectors, but i don't think anyone would care if you have two phones with you and you can probably get away with keeping the straps in your pocket.

if they stop you just make a scene and say it's your right as an American to carry straps around, right? that'll work i'm sure :P

Haha well I do have an excuse that I forgot to take them out of my pocket after I took them off my bike on our bike rack....

And don't get your hopes up too high for the periscope. I looked at a picture of my section, and it seems the barrier is a little different than I thought, so there might not be a place to leave my phone

• Like 1

Haha well I do have an excuse that I forgot to take them out of my pocket after I took them off my bike on our bike rack....

And don't get your hopes up too high for the periscope. I looked at a picture of my section, and it seems the barrier is a little different than I thought, so there might not be a place to leave my phone

If they ask, tell them you have a separate phone for work and are expecting a call later in the night.

The phone straps are a good idea! I was thinking of doing a periscope too but I didn't want to have my phone attached to me while I was moving and singing :D. If only I can find a pole to put my phone on... If I may ask, what kind of straps do you use and why do you need two phones?

The phone straps are a good idea! I was thinking of doing a periscope too but I didn't want to have my phone attached to me while I was moving and singing :D. If only I can find a pole to put my phone on... If I may ask, what kind of straps do you use and why do you need two phones?

Well I am in the first row of my section, so I figured there would be bars in front of me to wrap my phone around, but instead there is a concrete wall/barrier. They are velcro straps that we use to make sure our bike wheels/handlebars dont move while on the car, but they can wrap around anything.

I would need one phone for my personal use, and another to attach to a pole and have it periscope the whole show for all you guys!

• Like 3

yeah, i would say check for the individual venue, but also just try to bring as little stuff with you as possible. at Lincoln Financial Field, we went through metal detectors and they quickly checked small bags (backpacks had to be stored in lockers or put back in cars, etc), but basically the only things i brought with me were my ticket, phone, and Mylo Xyloto doll :P i didn't even try to bring any water bottle with me, i just drank from the water fountains instead of paying for one inside. :lol:

A Mylo Xyloto doll? Adorable! Can we see a pic of it please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a question for the xyloband discussion earlier in this thread. I saw they released the new AHFOD xylobands this year but then went to a more traditional all white one for a while. Then back to the new one. Why the switch?

From what I see the white one lights up in the casing as well as the band. The AHFOD ones don't light up in the casing but have the speaker which I believe is for the spoken audio clips they use.

Bought one of each on ebay. Didn't get to a show this year so I'm excited to see them up close.

• Like 1