✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Barcelona won't costs more than a trip + hotel in Rome for me, plus it would mean seeing another city ... I'd sell the barcelona tickets (if I take it) and I will have a duble chance to get it. I'm not going to do everything I can to go to this tour...

Would they announce more dates on next week? Just because of next week's general sale.. I have very small hope about Finland's date because there's no dates after Sweden & Denmark. But logistically it'd be a bit weird to come back from Denmark to Finland..

In case that the general sale goes on next Friday, I think they sell out pretty fast..? Especially standing.

Observations regarding North America:

Methinks American dates won't be announced until after Thanksgiving, likely early-mid December before Christmas like we saw for MX. Tours don't go on sale around holidays in America.

There is a gap in the schedule from April 16 - May 24. A little too early weather-wise to be playing stadiums in the United States. BUT, the band's equipment will be in Mexico City on April 16 and it's only a short trip up to the states. I could see a couple shows, maybe in arenas, during that time. Muse just wrapped up their South America and Mexico tour yesterday and will be in Texas on December 1.

The next possibility is a stadium (baseball and football) tour July - September. This is when most North American stadium tours take place and very similar to the routing of the Jay-Z/Beyonce tour in 2014, One Direction in 2015, Taylor Swift's 1989 tour stadium leg, etc. etc. I think this is the most likely and will be Coldplay's first stadium tour in America.

No source on this, just well-researched speculation ;)

Have you seen the stage design? I bought two very expensive tickets to the "red zone", sold like "front stage" but maybe I should have waited and buy the general pit since for sure the show would just a little be on main stage. Very disappointed by Live Nation ES

I think that stage design is only valid for Germany, the one in France for example is just standard: Stage, VIP standing then standing.

But still, they tricked us into buying the packages while keeping the standard ones for later (and I thought they were sold out of course)

I've looked at a few of the stage setup pics on ticketmaster for the uk shows and it seems like its standing only on the floor? Hard to tell from these pictures..I'm looking forward to knowing more about the stage/seating set up for this tour. And just guessing that the North American tour will have the same design. I missed the g/a area when they didn't have it anymore on the MX tour