✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay World Tour 2016 - 2017 Discussion

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do recall someone related to the band (I think the oracle) said (on a previous tour) that them soundchecking things doesn't mean they'll make it to the concert.

edit: found the oracle post

June 12, 2014 / submitted by Ma edeh, Iran

Q. Hi!

I just wanna know why Coldplay played Crest of Waves for sound check? Does it have a particular reason?

Thank you :-)

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I was at the sound check in Paris on 28 May where the band played Green Eyes & Crest of Waves. Green Eyes was played later in the proper show - as it was again tonight in Tokyo.

Sound checks are a rare opportunity to try old songs and if they work out, they may make an appearance in the show or at a later date but sometimes they play songs at sound check just for fun.

At the same time, maybe they're practicing the song to be ready for when the audience makes their request.

'someone get a copy of high speed please?'

• Like 2

But I've never seen Viva live and I want to see the Viva drums!

I HIGHLY doubt they will ditch the drum and bell setup. Too iconic to drop.

This sounds like the riff of Idiot to me, what do you think ?

It reminds me more of the intro they did to Don't Panic here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUVMaKnXn4

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUVMaKnXn4

• Like 2

I was having some problems viewing embedded stuff too, but that was on the app...not sure if you are on the app or computer.

I'm on computer... it was a post a page or two back... I could see her tweet she embedded about it sounding like the riff of Idiot fine. But I think the other post she had legitimately nothing in it, because usually if you embed a tweet and it's still loading there's this massive space where the tweet would be, but the post I'm talking about had no space at all. And it was a reply to another person, too.

Don't know if it was somehow deleted or what since no one was really talking about it...

But oh well. I don't know why I'm drawing so much attention to a now unimportant post. I just found it weird. But it's fine, we can let it go. :P