✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-06-24] Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Captain Crieff

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuck in the parking area,but worth it! Enjoyed it a lot. Chris apologised so many times for Brexit. Poor guy.

Edit: They did In My place after Don't Panic :-)

Parking lot is a complete mess right now. Good to know i'm not the only one stuck. Nothing has moved in the last 10 mins.

Sent via Tapatalk

Have been browsing through my pictures.

Didn't make that many and my camera was not capable to zoom in enough because of the long distance, but here are some:

You might know those guys [emoji1]

[ATTACH=full]4874[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4875[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4876[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4877[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4878[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]4879[/ATTACH]

• Like 7

Replay, replay, replay :D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154295382248624

Chris should really keep his political opinions to himself. A lot of Europe are under the presumption the UK 'hates' Europe (was laughing when I heard the boos for the British flag. Poor Jamie and Linus! ;) ) but the media are only interested in publishing 'panic' stories about how everything is in turmoil. Switzerland (where Coldplay played) and Norway are not in the EU. They have no issues welcoming people and aren't disconnected from other European countries. Chris was talking as if it's a terrible thing that's happened, when over half the UK view it as a major victory for democracy. The people had the power and they voted (something ties in here with the Charlie Chaplin speech!)

I know a lot of people voted leave because of the constant scarcity/lies from David Cameron being posted all over the news about how we're gonna lose 100,000's of jobs and no one will be able to travel freely across Europe again (as if 150+ non EU countries in the world have the same problem). Really backfired on him. There's also another reason why leave won with 52% and not very many world leaders / celebrities were backing the leave vote. They don't experience the problems many ordinary people do and don't have to be concerned about healthcare, overpopulation, housing or taking care of disabled people, who have had their support reduced / cut off < That was the final straw for a lot of people over here who were already sick of the government screwing over poor people. Sorry to go off on a tangent. Just thought it would be helpful for people who want to know the reasons why 17m people voted leave :)

• Like 2

Was somewhat disappointed after Thursday's show, but completely happy with tonight's show. Got a perfect video of Amsterdam in full, which is nearly done uploading... Will talk more about the gig tomorrow, but this was so, so GOOD!

• Like 2

Chris should really keep his political opinions to himself. A lot of Europe are under the presumption the UK 'hates' Europe (was laughing when I heard the boos for the British flag. Poor Jamie and Linus! ;) ) but the media are only interested in publishing 'panic' stories about how everything is in turmoil. Switzerland (where Coldplay played) and Norway are not in the EU. They have no issues welcoming people and aren't disconnected from other European countries. Chris was talking as if it's a terrible thing that's happened, when over half the UK view it as a major victory for democracy. The people had the power and they voted (something ties in here with the Charlie Chaplin speech!)

I know a lot of people voted leave because of the constant scarcity/lies from David Cameron being posted all over the news about how we're gonna lose 100,000's of jobs and no one will be able to travel freely across Europe again (as if 150+ non EU countries in the world have the same problem). Really backfired on him. There's also another reason why leave won with 52% and not very many world leaders / celebrities were backing the leave vote. They don't experience the problems many ordinary people do and don't have to be concerned about healthcare, overpopulation, housing or taking care of disabled people, who have had their support reduced / cut off < That was the final straw for a lot of people over here who were already sick of the government screwing over poor people. Sorry to go off on a tangent. Just thought it would be helpful for people who want to know the reasons why 17m people voted leave :)

Nice to hear both sides of the argument.

• Like 1

Replay, replay, replay :D

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10154295382248624

Chris can do whatever he wants. All people I know irl that are Dutch or other europeans are against an brexit. It makes sense to apologise as it is something that affects other countries as well. Quite frankly I think brexit it unwise, due to choosing the mystery box of consequences. But hey, to each their own..

• Like 3

I am glad that Coldplay spoke out against Brexit, and that the band is politically active in general (in their earlier years more than now).

(If he apologized that is a bit weird though because it is not his/the band's fault, and they actively spoke out against it before...)

• Like 6

A bit off topic a question to the ones who attended several concerts, like Nie or cheeetaz: which place did you like most to watch the concert, front of stage , next to B- stage, C-stage or even seating aereas?

Probably B-Stage or a bit closer (FOS) to the main stage and in the general area of the walkway.

Sent via Tapatalk

A bit off topic a question to the ones who attended several concerts, like Nie or cheeetaz: which place did you like most to watch the concert, front of stage , next to B- stage, C-stage or even seating aereas?

The B-stage for sure.

I had a great spot standing in the curve on the left side where I had a good view on the main stage too. I'm not tall so that way my sight wasn't blocked.

Here is a picture to show my view:

[ATTACH=full]4880[/ATTACH]

The other 2x I was sitting and the experience was totally different.

Yesterday I was amongst the most boring people. [emoji53]

So if you have the ability to go and queue early and run like hell: go for the B stage or the catwalk between A and B.

• Like 2

Thanks Nie and cheeetaz for the info. I had FOS left in Zurich and also for Hamburg, but bought a Innenraum Ticket for Berlin yesterday at ebay for half the price, so I had to book a flight to Berlin and totally happy

to see the boys twice next week :bliss:

• Like 2

Thanks Nie and cheeetaz for the info. I had FOS left in Zurich and also for Hamburg, but bought a Innenraum Ticket for Berlin yesterday at ebay for half the price, so I had to book a flight to Berlin and totally happy

to see the boys twice next week :bliss:

Good choice.

See you on Wednesday! I'll be getting there by car (400km) and hopefully will be there by noon to secure a place in line.

Sent via Tapatalk

Crappy quality picture, but THAT WAS MY AMSTERDAM SIGN!!!

I couldn't believe that Chris wanted to have it, and that he thanked me for my "sign that was a sign" to play it.....

I cried the whole song, what an amazing and special moment...

[ATTACH=full]4894[/ATTACH]

• Like 18

Here's my great Amsterdam video... still processing to get to 1080p ;)

Great video, thanks!

Pretty cool that they ended with the organ as in the studio recording, I don't think they ever played it live that way before. Also funny that Chris made the same lyrical mistake as last time, four years ago, singing "you came along and you cut me loose" instead of "sick to the stomach".

Crappy quality picture, but THAT WAS MY AMSTERDAM SIGN!!!

I couldn't believe that Chris wanted to have it, and that he thanked me for my "sign that was a sign" to play it.....

I cried the whole song, what an amazing and special moment...

[ATTACH=full]4894[/ATTACH]

It was so beautiful to watch at periscope, congratulations! I have an idea as a fan of your feeling, and also thank you so much for doing the sign for playing that gem.

Norys

• Like 1

WOW, what an AMAZING show was that, I didn't just have an amazing day but an awesome day that I'll never forget!

We had an amazing spot, right in front of Jonny, THE BEST GUITARIST IN THE WORLD, NO DOUBT :D

And here are some pics I took from the show

Before Alessia had hit te stage

4cb0bf0ef1ea979aa77798bc43cdf689.jpg

During AOAL (it was amazing and everyone was so happy and then, the balloons came out :) )

d0a6319d3cc08c4c837cda38491ed73b.jpg

Saying goodbye to the best band in the world is the "worst" part of the show which makes sense naturally, but Jonny and Chris looked at me in the eyes for a few times tough ! :awesome:

f7b3260470fb9da8b007f35fdcf7d94e.jpg

• Like 9

WOW, what an AMAZING show was that, I didn't just have an amazing day but an awesome day that I'll never forget!

We had an amazing spot, right in front of Jonny, THE BEST GUITARIST IN THE WORLD, NO DOUBT :D

And here are some pics I took from the show

Before Alessia had hit te stage

4cb0bf0ef1ea979aa77798bc43cdf689.jpg

During AOAL (it was amazing and everyone was so happy and then, the balloons came out :) )

d0a6319d3cc08c4c837cda38491ed73b.jpg

Saying goodbye to the best band in the world is the "worst" part of the show which makes sense naturally, but Jonny and Chris looked at me in the eyes for a few times tough ! :awesome:

f7b3260470fb9da8b007f35fdcf7d94e.jpg

Soon, I'll upload a few videos to YouTube, I will share them here if they're on it.

• Like 1

Soon, I'll upload a few videos to YouTube, I will share them here if they're on it.

Sorry for this poor sound, it's recorded with my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1smiV9WNw

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1smiV9WNw

(In case you are looking forward to hear the ''Believe in love'' part, I stopped filming from that part, I think it'll make sense to all of you why I did that:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjrVEVwRhQ

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjrVEVwRhQ

• Like 1

Sorry for this poor sound, it's recorded with my phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1smiV9WNw

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP1smiV9WNw

(In case you are looking forward to hear the ''Believe in love'' part, I stopped filming from that part, I think it'll make sense to all of you why I did that:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjrVEVwRhQ

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjrVEVwRhQ

The videos aprubtly stop in the middle.