✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Club of coldplayers in a coldplaying hiatus

alisbe

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to do the rest of my favourite songs!

For X&Y, my favourite definitely has to be Twisted Logic. I love how it builds up to an epic ending!

For Viva la Vida, my favourite at the moment is Yes, in part because it just sounds so weird (in a good way) - not what I expect from Coldplay, but a very pleasant surprise :)

For Mylo Xyloto, my favourite has always been Hurts Like Heaven - for me, it's up there with Politik for best album openers so far (although let's face it, they're all pretty good in their own way XD)

And finally, for Ghost Stories, my favourite is Fly On/ O. Both parts of the song are equally good - I don't think either would sound good without the other one! It tends to be one I listen at night, because it's so calming and just beautiful!

Anyway (as BBC Radio 1 put it earlier today) - happy "Coldplay Day"! I'll definitely be listening this evening, it's going to be amazing! Plus Amazon told me the album was dispatched today, so that should be with me soon too... I didn't think I could get any more excited, but I really am! This is going to be great!!

When the concert was being streamed I was commuting to my house from school with no mobile data. So I ended up not listening to it. Anyways, tomorrow I'll listen to it and today I'll watch the iHeart radio release party. That if I don't forget it because of the time zones.

I've now got the whole album... Woohoo! iTunes in Australia has released it :D

It is beautiful - I really dig it, hope everyone is able to embrace their new sound and direction :)

It's defo mainstream and pop!

Pop? Mmm maybe alternative- AOAL at least isn't really pop to me

Pop? Mmm maybe alternative- AOAL at least isn't really pop to me

Well, I guess there is still parts of their old sound in there, but I think all the bits of their new sound / direction has gone pop or the mainstream sound... although it's more 90's / 2000's to my ears (haven't listened to radio in awhile so I dunno what current pop trends sound like)

I've now got the whole album... Woohoo! iTunes in Australia has released it :D

It is beautiful - I really dig it, hope everyone is able to embrace their new sound and direction :)

It's defo mainstream and pop!

Great! I still have to wait 24 hours to listen to it because I plan to buy the CD.

Well, I guess there is still parts of their old sound in there, but I think all the bits of their new sound / direction has gone pop or the mainstream sound... although it's more 90's / 2000's to my ears (haven't listened to radio in awhile so I dunno what current pop trends sound like)

Hm that sounds very interesting. I hope they can pull it off. But to me MX isn't even that poppy. And iTunes labels it as alternative so it's alternative to me lol