✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Club of coldplayers in a coldplaying hiatus

alisbe

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting it out there that all these negative reviews are really scaring me... But then again most of the people on the forum, even the 'Oldplayers' are ranking it above MX and GS. So, that being said, since both albums weren't actually that bad at all I think it's shaping up to be a really good album! Also, as someone who doesn't care about production, and is excited for some experimentation, I think I may just end up liking it! :)

I agree! I think I'm really going to enjoy the whole album. So far people are saying the songs they DON'T like are Amazing Day (only heard the live one) and Everglow.. I can't stop playing either of them, so I think this could easily be in my top 3 Coldplay albums! :D

I agree! I think I'm really going to enjoy the whole album. So far people are saying the songs they DON'T like are Amazing Day (only heard the live one) and Everglow.. I can't stop playing either of them, so I think this could easily be in my top 3 Coldplay albums! :D

Really I think the majority of hate is going towards HFTW, X Marks the spot and Army of One (sorta) I haven't listened to Everglow though...

I know this should be in the Random Coldplay Thoughts thread, but since we're on the topic of AROBTTH, I saw the vinyl copy of that album in the store yesterday, and it looked so cool all blown up from cd proportions!! AROBTTH, X&Y, and MX are the only three I haven't seen in vinyl, so now I can cross one of those off my list...

I know this should be in the Random Coldplay Thoughts thread, but since we're on the topic of AROBTTH, I saw the vinyl copy of that album in the store yesterday, and it looked so cool all blown up from cd proportions!! AROBTTH, X&Y, and MX are the only three I haven't seen in vinyl, so now I can cross one of those off my list...

I actually really really want a vinyl record player- but the first album I would buy in vinyl would probably be Abbey Road

• Administrators
I actually really really want a vinyl record player- but the first album I would buy in vinyl would probably be Abbey Road

I pre-ordered AHFOD on vinyl so that will be my first vinyl. My friend is getting me Parachutes on vinyl for christmas which is my favourite album of all time. Too bad I don't have a vinyl player yet ;)

Cool! We never got rid of our record player in my house....it's still been hooked up all these years haha. I really want the Singles Box Set.

I think my parents have a copy of Abbey Road...

Cool! We never got rid of our record player in my house....it's still been hooked up all these years haha. I really want the Singles Box Set.

I think my parents have a copy of Abbey Road...

IMO, the backside of Abbey Road (Abbey Road Medley) is one of the best pieces of music ever written by anybody. It also is sorta underrated for the Beatles lol.

I'm about to write a review for X&Y in a few minutes and what better way would there be than to listen to X&Y? I love the album to death, and it's a shame this site puts X&Y as one of their worst. :sad:

Because I am in the Christmas mood

[video=youtube_share;z1rYmzQ8C9Q]

Holy shit I forgot how good this is.

I'm about to write a review for X&Y in a few minutes and what better way would there be than to listen to X&Y? I love the album to death, and it's a shame this site puts X&Y as one of their worst. :sad:

Hey that's for tomorrow!! Smh... Well, I've personally never been a fan of X&Y, not because of the forum or anything just a lot of the songs didn't mesh with me enough and it all seems a little distant. I mean there are some GREAT songs on the album- actually A LOT of great songs, but the album itself to me isn't the best. It's lacking flow and the right rhythm IMO.

But honestly this sight makes every album seem like one of their worst excluding AROBTTH and Viva and maaayyybbbe parachutes depending...

Hey that's for tomorrow!! Smh... Well, I've personally never been a fan of X&Y, not because of the forum or anything just a lot of the songs didn't mesh with me enough and it all seems a little distant. I mean there are some GREAT songs on the album- actually A LOT of great songs, but the album itself to me isn't the best. It's lacking flow and the right rhythm IMO.

But honestly this sight makes every album seem like one of their worst excluding AROBTTH and Viva and maaayyybbbe parachutes depending...

I totally get that. Most of the complaints I read make sense, but it's touched me in ways their others haven't, so I suppose I click with it for that reason! :)

Regardless, I'm glad this thread is here! With all the weirdness happening all over the community recently, it's so nice to have a place to relax and mesh with others in the same boat.

I totally get that. Most of the complaints I read make sense, but it's touched me in ways their others haven't, so I suppose I click with it for that reason! :)

Regardless, I'm glad this thread is here! With all the weirdness happening all over the community recently, it's so nice to have a place to relax and mesh with others in the same boat.

Well I mean that's what music is supposed to do! Connect with you and touch you and stay with you and if X&Y is the album that did that, then great! It just didn't personally connect with my on the same level as Viva per say or even GS (O was just life changing aha)

Hey wait a second- aren't you the guy who's a r/Coldplay mod? Or am I dreaming...

Well I mean that's what music is supposed to do! Connect with you and touch you and stay with you and if X&Y is the album that did that, then great! It just didn't personally connect with my on the same level as Viva per say or even GS (O was just life changing aha)

Hey wait a second- aren't you the guy who's a r/Coldplay mod? Or am I dreaming...

Hmm, I don't know what you're talking about. ;)

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. Thanks to Jaytheblue for the idea :)

I have two vinyls, AROBTTH and Ghost Stories. But I can listen to them because I don't have a vinyl player lol I have to save some money after buying the tickets for their concert in Mexico, which, by the way, are on pre-sale tomorrow!!!

I'm glad you're enjoying this thread. Thanks to Jaytheblue for the idea :)

I have two vinyls, AROBTTH and Ghost Stories. But I can listen to them because I don't have a vinyl player lol I have to save some money after buying the tickets for their concert in Mexico, which, by the way, are on pre-sale tomorrow!!!

Ah your Mexican! Cool! :) the North American tour dates haven't come out yet so I'm gunna just sit and hope they don't interfere with my long summer camping trip in the Canadian wilderness aha. I don't even know why I signed up for it I mea 3 weeks in the middle of nowhere what am I thinking.

Ah your Mexican! Cool! :) the North American tour dates haven't come out yet so I'm gunna just sit and hope they don't interfere with my long summer camping trip in the Canadian wilderness aha. I don't even know why I signed up for it I mea 3 weeks in the middle of nowhere what am I thinking.

Yes I'm Mexican, that's why sometimes my English is very bad lol! There must be something good of going camping, I wish I would join something like that some years ago. But if Coldplay decide to go on tour during the summer to your country you will be in a big Trouble.

Yes I'm Mexican, that's why sometimes my English is very bad lol! There must be something good of going camping, I wish I would join something like that some years ago. But if Coldplay decide to go on tour during the summer to your country you will be in a big Trouble.

Your English is great, especially for someone who doesn't speak it fluently. English is my first language and I gotta say I have horrible grammar sometimes. I'm quite young, and my 'camping trip' is affiliated with an overnight summer camp (don't know if you have that in Mexico) Where we basically canoe on a network of lakes and rivers in North Eastern Quebec (which is a province in Canada- and I'm not even sure why it's in Quebec- I live in Ontario and Quebec is quite far away) Even in the summer it gets quite cold some nights in Canada. I believe it was two summers ago I got bronchitis on a (shorter) camping trip because a storm hit and it dipped down to 6 degrees Celsius and nobody was prepared for that cold.

You have it good- Mexico is gorgeous! I've only been there a couple of times before and only resorts, which was nice I suppose as I was very young, but I think the REAL Mexico (as in the cities, people, culture etc) must be beautiful.

I'm also getting my tickets tomorrow :cheesy: but I'm super anxious, I've been dreaming about the presale for 3 days! I just want it to be over! :P

I don't know if this has been posted on this thread already, I'm really busy and I haven't been able to check all the videos.

This came on my ipod a few days ago and it reminded me how much I like this cover.

[video=youtube;kcriZ9xzRvc]

I'm also getting my tickets tomorrow :cheesy: but I'm super anxious, I've been dreaming about the presale for 3 days! I just want it to be over! :P

I don't know if this has been posted on this thread already, I'm really busy and I haven't been able to check all the videos.

This came on my ipod a few days ago and it reminded me how much I like this cover.

[video=youtube;kcriZ9xzRvc]

Ugh I love that so much.

(I do have to wonder though, since Kylie is a pop artist, if the reaction to Coldplay covering a pop song created the same amount of controversy as it does now.)

Ugh I love that so much.

(I do have to wonder though, since Kylie is a pop artist, if the reaction to Coldplay covering a pop song created the same amount of controversy as it does now.)

I think they made it sound quite non-poppy IMO. I honestly really dislike the original but they made it sound quite good!

I got bronchitis

Edit 2: If you can't see my quote, it was from Jaytheblue, and it says, "I got bronchitis"

If you haven't seen the video I'm referring to, you need to go watch it now haha

Edit 3: Here's the video

Edit: I just looked at my post on the coldplaying website, not the app.....where is my quote? Why is there a giant space? Does this happen to all my posts? I'm confused....?

X&Y is the album that made me a fan so it will always have a special place in my heart. Opinions of it are so divided on this site. Even if it's not as strong as some of the other albums, it just speaks to me more. My first memories of discovering Coldplay included listening to this album at night before going to bed. I remember the first time I listened to the whole thing. What an experience. :) It quickly became my favorite album and I was eager to discover more of this band so I bought a CD box set of the first four albums. It's not quite my favorite anymore but that's only because it inspired me to explore the world of music and discover new artists.