✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Club of coldplayers in a coldplaying hiatus

alisbe

And while we patiently wait... some Youtube vids for the VLV Tour from MTV World Stage recording in Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo (2009)

https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=791122248F06A991

Shall we start some discussions about their back catalog? How about favourites from each of the albums on each day of the countdown (it's one a day until AHFOD is released for those catching up :))

:cheesy: I love the World Stage video... I don't understand why they never recorded a proper dvd or something during the VLV tour :disappointed: this is the closest we got and it's amazing!

And my favourites are (I wouldn't say these my all time favourite songs, but I enjoy them a lot):

Parachutes - Parachutes and Shiver have a very special place in my heart; I still can't believe I was lucky enough to hear them live, Shiver has always been one of my favourite songs and I almost died when they played it. I also love Sparks a lot... I don't know, I think Parachutes is a very sweet, beautiful album. :heart:

AROBTTH - I love GPASUYF in all of it's versions (normal, VLV's techno remix, MX's version, acoustic) however they play it I love it! I enjoy Green Eyes and Clocks a lot too. And I think AROBTTH and Amsterdam are both outstanding songs.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Parachutes, I really love Sparks and We Never Change... They are such melancholic and affecting songs. So downbeat and warm... Although Trouble was the one that really touched me and spoke to me first, and the reason I fell in love with this band Actually thinking back, all of them are almost on equal footing from that album (except the studio versions of Yellow and Everything's Not Lost - I don't like them as much as the others )

For AROBTTH, it's AROBTTH! It really moved me and resonated with me hearing someone like Chris who was singing about Don't Panic and Shiver sing "I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war, If you can tell me something worth fighting for!" coupled with Jonny's guitar lines and the rest of the band's smouldering sounds...

:thumbsup:

My favorite song from Parachutes is Spies. It doesn't have a special meaning for me, but the song sounds fantastic. The whole band is doing their best on it.

My favorite song from AROBTTH is probably AROBTTH I love the melody. It's a calm song but it has a powerful sound. Also Clocks it's a great song. I specially love the piano riff and the way it is performed live.

• Administrators
My favorite song from Parachutes is Spies. It doesn't have a special meaning for me, but the song sounds fantastic. The whole band is doing their best on it.

My favorite song from AROBTTH is probably AROBTTH I love the melody. It's a calm song but it has a powerful sound. Also Clocks it's a great song. I specially love the piano riff and the way it is performed live.

Spies is amazing, I personally love Don't Panic, too bad its so short!

Hey I'm back! I was sleeping, and wow there's a lot going on.

Putting it out there that all these negative reviews are really scaring me... But then again most of the people on the forum, even the 'Oldplayers' are ranking it above MX and GS. So, that being said, since both albums weren't actually that bad at all I think it's shaping up to be a really good album! Also, as someone who doesn't care about production, and is excited for some experimentation, I think I may just end up liking it! :)

Okay, so Parachutes! By far Everything's Not Lost/ Life is for Living are the best songs on the album IMO. They all just have amazing lyrics and bring warmness to my heart in every way. The guitar is fabulous, the lyrics are fabulous, as of yet one of the best endings to an album hands down! (Maybe excluding VLV because Death and All His Friends is darn good too....) Overall such a solid album!

AROBTTH definitely a masterpiece in so many respects! Such an amazing album and I think almost every Coldplayer on this site can agree it is some of their best work! It has so many amazing songs and they are all brilliant on the album and live I just can't praise it enough! Every song on there is a classic! My favourite is still probably the Scientist off the album, it is probably the best ballad I've ever listened to, even though it's sort of overplayed. It really just has so much feeling and honestly is just gorgeous! I also may or may not jam out to in on the piano often aha

Putting it out there that all these negative reviews are really scaring me...

That's something I can definitely agree with - hence why I'm here which seems a million times more happy and positive!

Anyway, for Parachutes, my favourite song is definitely Don't Panic - if someone hands me a guitar, the first chords I play will normally be from that song! I love it when they play it live and Jonny sings the second verse... That part always has me smiling for some reason!

As for AROBTTH, I think Daylight is my favourite at the moment. I don't normally hear a lot about it, but it's just great - Guy's bass line, Jonny's guitar... Everything just seems to come together so well!

Putting it out there that all these negative reviews are really scaring me... But then again most of the people on the forum, even the 'Oldplayers' are ranking it above MX and GS. So, that being said, since both albums weren't actually that bad at all I think it's shaping up to be a really good album! Also, as someone who doesn't care about production, and is excited for some experimentation, I think I may just end up liking it! :)

Sometimes the negative comments make me a little bit angry because that's not the message of AHFOD. But at the same time I'm learning to be tolerant and respectful because we can't change the way people think. And I like the way you see the comments some coldplayers are saying, we have to find the positive side of everything :)

That's something I can definitely agree with - hence why I'm here which seems a million times more happy and positive!

As for AROBTTH, I think Daylight is my favourite at the moment. I don't normally hear a lot about it, but it's just great - Guy's bass line, Jonny's guitar... Everything just seems to come together so well!

This is a happy thread because we live in a beautiful world!

Daylight is one of my least favorite songs. I think it's because I don't like the way Chris sings on it. Sometimes I find it boring, but I don't skip it when I hear it though.

Daylight is one of my least favorite songs. I think it's because I don't like the way Chris sings on it. Sometimes I find it boring, but I don't skip it when I hear it though.

Well, each to their own :)

My favourite seems to change every now and again. I think it's down to what mood I'm in on a certain day ultimately

I love that Tokyo show! :heart: Too bad it's not the whole concert... but what is included is classic performance after classic performance. If you want to watch a full Viva concert on YouTube, there's a playlist (it shouldn't be hard to find) of a show from Melbourne in 2009. It was filmed from the audience but it is very high quality and it both looks and sounds great! I believe it includes most or all of the show.

For Parachutes, my favorite song at the moment is Spies. The lyrics are fun and there's a really mysterious tone throughout the whole song that you just don't see too often outside of the Parachutes album. Jonny's EBow, guitar hook, and just his overall playing are amazing. Guy and Will sound like they're just having fun. :)

As for AROBTTH, Politik will likely always be my favorite. So much emotion. The bridge and outro with that "So give me love over, love over, love over thiiiiissss, ahhhhhhhhh" line is my pick as the single most beautiful moment in a Coldplay song.

I didn't even notice :laugh3:

I usually refresh with the new posts function :)

If alisbe and the mods agree, maybe it should be moved to the lounge / AHFOD section?

That's OK. When I created the thread I didn't know where to put it, to be honest the first one I saw was this section lol.

So, I also suggest to move it to the section it belongs to.

Well, each to their own :)

My favourite seems to change every now and again. I think it's down to what mood I'm in on a certain day ultimately

That happens to me. In this moment my favorite song is AOAL, the lyrics describes how I'm feeling and what I living. However, I do have a favorite song, it will always be Viva la Vida. Since the first time I hear it I love it and at that time I didn't know it was a Coldplay song.

That happens to me. In this moment my favorite song is AOAL, the lyrics describes how I'm feeling and what I living. However, I do have a favorite song, it will always be Viva la Vida. Since the first time I hear it I love it and at that time I didn't know it was a Coldplay song.

Viva la Vida is an amazing song - definitely one of their best!