✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Club of coldplayers in a coldplaying hiatus

alisbe

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid not... Ironically- I just finished working out :laugh:

Honestly I don't even know what's going on with Doctor Who right now it's a thriller and a one man episode it's super experimental I love it

lol so, now you need a Glass of Water!

I'm afraid not... Ironically- I just finished working out :laugh:

Honestly I don't even know what's going on with Doctor Who right now it's a thriller and a one man episode it's super experimental I love it

lol popcorn stops at nothing for me.

I shouldn't be posting here I guess since I've already heard the album, but I read every thread because it annoys me when I see a thread show up as black instead of gray on the mobile app haha.

lol popcorn stops at nothing for me.

I shouldn't be posting here I guess since I've already heard the album, but I read every thread because it annoys me when I see a thread show up as black instead of gray on the mobile app haha.

Aha don't worry about it you can stay just make it spoiler free :)

I've just read someone compare Coldplay with Maroon 5. If they believe that

"Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?"

has the same sentiment as

"under this pressure, under this weight,

we're diamonds taking shape"

then they might be right.

omg :heart: I've found my home. Hello everyone!

I've just read someone compare Coldplay with Maroon 5. If they believe that

"Need a little sweetness in my life

Your sugar

Yes, please

Won't you come and put it down on me?"

has the same sentiment as

"under this pressure, under this weight,

we're diamonds taking shape"

then they might be right.

lol, right? Those complaints are so silly. I feel like the animosity towards pop music here is toxic, but there is so much that isn't known about pop with these complaints it makes me laugh. Maroon 5 and Coldplay have never been and will never be on the same level. Not that Maroon 5 is bad, but come on. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Okay update after watching Doctor Who

HOLY GOD IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EPISODE OF ANY TELEVISION SHOW I HAVE EVER WATCHED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE BY FAR BEST DOCTOR WHO EPISODE EVER WRITTEN. And I'll have you know if you think Coldplay fans are trapped in the past, Doctor Who has 50 years of past, and usually there is loads of hate on every episode from people that don't like the new show.

That being said there hasn't been one bad review yet, not by critics or by fans. Everybody agrees that it's AMAZING and I can't believe it I think a fandom has just united.

I have seen everything now

omg :heart: I've found my home. Hello everyone!

lol, right? Those complaints are so silly. I feel like the animosity towards pop music here is toxic, but there is so much that isn't known about pop with these complaints it makes me laugh. Maroon 5 and Coldplay have never been and will never be on the same level. Not that Maroon 5 is bad, but come on. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Pop music isn't that bad and neither Maroon 5, I like some of their songs. Sometimes we listen to music just for fun and that's the case with them. But in any means there is comparison between them and Coldplay. Even when Coldplay is making changes in their style they are keeping the way they make music because they still have the same group of people working with them. I still see their passion in their songs and performances and that won't change. If they don't feel comfortable with what they're doing, they'll stop doing it, I think that's why they cancelled the Latinamerican tour in 2013. Anyways, some of us are very critical and that's what makes interesting this forum.

I have a random question, how big exactly is Coldplay? Are they bigger than Taylor Swift? It's hard to tell because for some reason more than half of my friends don't know Coldplay.

Yeah! My friends just know Coldplay as that band I'm obsessed with.

I have a random question, how big exactly is Coldplay? Are they bigger than Taylor Swift? It's hard to tell because for some reason more than half of my friends don't know Coldplay.

In terms of media attention Taylor Swift is bigger. In my country, it's very rare to see any kind of news about Coldplay. But it doesn't mean they're unknown because Mexico is one of those countries where AHFOD reached the number 1 position in the ITunes charts. And in 2008 I guess I was the only one in my group who didn't know who was Coldplay because I wasn't interested in music in that time. Moreover, Taylor Swift is an artist for younger people and they're the ones who use the social networks the most and that's what makes her bigger than anyone else.

I hadn't seen this discussed anywhere, but it looks like AHFOD is about the same length of Viva at 45 minutes! I'm so glad we finally got a song over six minutes!

Me too! A six minute or longer song has been way overdue. Length doesn't necessarily make a song better or worse, but it's still nice to have something longer this time around.

Why didn't I notice this thread before? Thank you, @gentleparachute! :)

5 more days...

You're welcome, thank alisbe and Jaytheblue for creating this thread... Glad you could join us ;)

And while we patiently wait... some Youtube vids for the VLV Tour from MTV World Stage recording in Saitama Super Arena, Tokyo (2009)

https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=791122248F06A991

Shall we start some discussions about their back catalog? How about favourites from each of the albums on each day of the countdown (it's one a day until AHFOD is released for those catching up :))

For Parachutes, I really love Sparks and We Never Change... They are such melancholic and affecting songs. So downbeat and warm... Although Trouble was the one that really touched me and spoke to me first, and the reason I fell in love with this band :D Actually thinking back, all of them are almost on equal footing from that album (except the studio versions of Yellow and Everything's Not Lost - I don't like them as much as the others :P)

For AROBTTH, it's AROBTTH! It really moved me and resonated with me hearing someone like Chris who was singing about Don't Panic and Shiver sing "I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war, If you can tell me something worth fighting for!" coupled with Jonny's guitar lines and the rest of the band's smouldering sounds... It was the year after Sept 11th, when all the war rhetoric and invasion into Afghanistan was going on - it really struck a chord at the time.

And yesss!!! 6-7 minute song, yay!!! :loveshower: Glad they waited til they felt confident they could do it... they have been building to this over the years - you can see it in their concerts

So good living in Australia with the timezone advantage :D

Lucky you! If I've learned something in my short life is find the positive side of everything you live :)

Why didn't I notice this thread before? Thank you, @gentleparachute! :)

5 more days...

Welcome! It's never late to join us!

I'm so excited for the album! I see lots of people complaining about the over-production, but production has never been a problem for me, even in MX, so I think I'll love it :)

I will never complain about the production because I know nothing about it lol!