✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what got me thinking about a possible Beyonce Song in the first place :)

Yep but as likely as it would be during a normal Coldplay live show as unlikely it would be during the halftime where they only have 12 minutes! I sure hope they dont waste any second on someone else´s songs hehe :P

Yep but as likely as it would be during a normal Coldplay live show as unlikely it would be during the halftime where they only have 12 minutes! I sure hope they dont waste any second on someone else´s songs hehe :P

Well, Uptown Funk was written on their papers next to Clocks so who knows :D (I seriously hope not)

Wow, rude.

Beyoncé can sing, she can dance, she can attract different music fans than Coldplay, and by different music fans, I mean just everyone who likes good music. (I don’t even know who Coldplay’s fanbase is anymore. People who like to listen to music quietly at work? I think that’s it.)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/beyonce-is-here-to-rescue-the-super-bowl-halftime-show

This article though

"I don’t even know who Coldplay’s fanbase is anymore. People who like to listen to music quietly at work? I think that’s it."

Bitch, do us all a favor and shut the fuck up.

It' a shame what the music business (and those people going with it) has come to...

• Like 1

Why did I ever become a fan of a band so hated lol?

(Well I guess I didn't know they were disliked by people claiming to know what 'real' music is until after I was already a huge fan, and there was no turning back then)

• Like 1

It's almost as if the world has forgotten The band's "rocky hits (VLV, Paradise, Violet Hill, Clocks).

Thats probably because the media have not talked about them as much short of just using the title "Coldplay: the greatest band in the world" . People probably most remember the early reviews/"reputation".

Why did I ever become a fan of a band so hated lol?

(Well I guess I didn't know they were disliked by people claiming to know what 'real' music is until after I was already a huge fan, and there was no turning back then)

You know Im not sure "who" hates them exactly! haha US? UK? Cuz in Denmark no one really hates them as far as I know...they get reviewed and listened to on par with other similar artists.

And even if it were not for the rockier/poppier songs...I agree that a show like this doesn't need sad songs, but wtf is wrong in the eyes of those people with an upbeat soft-rock song like Yellow ? I am not ashamed to say I would prefer listening to something like Yellow to some stupid half-naked dancing and singing by the likes of Beyonce.

In short, these pre-conceptions of what is deemed acceptable and what isn't make me sick.

• Like 1

In short, these pre-conceptions of what is deemed acceptable and what isn't make me sick.

There are many people who would deem listening to Justin Bieber not acceptable haha So there are different views on whats good music, not only Coldplay haters hehe

I dont know.. sometimes it seems to me that the its the media who polarises the most (as its their prerogative with most things, polarisation = news). Honestly all people I know are quite flexible when it comes to music and non-judgemental.

Oh yes...I had conveniently forgotten about that LOL

hahaa! i don't mind the joke, just that it really stuck and people started using it as validation to hate. but do you know that the director actually likes coldplay?? i was surprised to read that on one of his interviews.

hahaa! i don't mind the joke, just that it really stuck and people started using it as validation to hate. but do you know that the director actually likes coldplay?? i was surprised to read that on one of his interviews.

Half of the people love Coldplay, the other half likes them in secrecy hehe :sneaky::curtain:

• Like 1

In Mexico, during the entertainment segment in the news program, they called Coldplay a legendary band, however they think they wouldn't be suitable for "this kind of event". I'm sure they'll surprise a lot of people with their performance. An article mentioned Beyoncé is the only one who can bring the other members from Destiny child (or whatever it's called) but hate it or love it Coldplay is the only band who can join a diversity of genres in one stage. A lot of people loved the Global Citizen Festival and the performers were different from each other. AHFOD has different people and different styles. Chris brought back Michael Stipe from his hiatus after REM split up. And the list go so on.

• Like 1

There are many people who would deem listening to Justin Bieber not acceptable haha

Yeah, but that's not the mainstream opinion. I sometimes have the feeling that society forces a certain set of values/images upon us which may not always be good. To talk about a different example, young girls in our societies grow up being fed (through the media, for a large part) the idea that all that counts is to have a beautiful body shape, to be thin, and similar superficial and shallow values. Models, actresses or singers/performers are built up as role models instead of, for example, female scientists. This way girls are subtly being taught that appearance matters more than brains. Just as an example.

I feel it is somewhat analogous with music. Societal "mainstream" expectations of what is good influence our tastes, thus reinforcing the mainstream idea. When a certain kind of music is all over the radio, people will start liking and expecting it.

• Like 1

Yeah, but that's not the mainstream opinion. I sometimes have the feeling that society forces a certain set of values/images upon us which may not always be good. To talk about a different example, young girls in our societies grow up being fed (through the media, for a large part) the idea that all that counts is to have a beautiful body shape, to be thin, and similar superficial and shallow values. Models, actresses or singers/performers are built up as role models instead of, for example, female scientists. This way girls are subtly being taught that appearance matters more than brains. Just as an example.

I feel it is somewhat analogous with music. Societal "mainstream" expectations of what is good influence our tastes, thus reinforcing the mainstream idea. When a certain kind of music is all over the radio, people will start liking and expecting it.

Im not gonna get into a discussion about that haha Suffice it to say I find its the same for boys as for girls (Justin body matters much more than his brains I assure you haha), partly I think its the nature of the medium, it has a strong visual component, partly its just the young people crowd really always having been like that (my mum used to scream at the Beatles, not for their scientist-like brains LOL).

Girls will want to look pretty to attract boys, we like to look pretty to attract girls. Its just how it is LOL

Honestly despite the media taking advantage of these natural tendencies to attract audience, I dont think we´ve ever lived in an era which promotes empowerment to be who you want to be, both to girls and boys, as much as our era, so thats a great thing.

I mostly find it harmless. As people grow up we naturally put less emphasis on looks and superficial things and we become deeper and more nuanced. I think Justin, Beyonce and the likes have a strong focus on the young crowd....as most of my friends would not find it "acceptable" to listen to Justin or boybands or the likes haha Its mostly viewed , at least as far as I can see, as teens/youngster stuff.

Societal "mainstream" expectations of what is good influence our tastes, thus reinforcing the mainstream idea. When a certain kind of music is all over the radio, people will start liking and expecting it.

To some extent but not entirely. For example Adele has been absent from the radio in ages and yet she releases an album and boom she breaks all records....I find that despite the charts having the "usual suspects" (because record companies these days are all about making money and churning out music clones...), people still react to the music they like, even if its not on the radio or promoted. The sad part is that its harder to find new artists because they are not promoted as they used to be, thats true :/