✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah..does anyone think they'll get chosen to play at the Summer Olympic Opening Ceremonies?? That would be grand.. Imagine Up&Up with a choir.. :)

Brazilian Musicians are gonna play there. They were only a part of the 2012 games because those were in Britain...

Yeah, sure. I suggest We Never Change, I Bloom Blaum and Harmless. I would love them for it but they would be murdered by the crowd before they had time to yell "Murder, coming to get us, coming...."

Lol

Coldplay need Clocks and Paradise and Viva. (and Yellow)

Theyre hits aren't PoC and HFTW and ASFOS, those are just pop singer/Avicii collaborations in The Newplay era that are popular. Ughhhhhhhh

Lol

Coldplay need Clocks and Paradise and Viva. (and Yellow)

Theyre hits aren't PoC and HFTW and ASFOS, those are just pop singer/Avicii collaborations in The Newplay era that are popular. Ughhhhhhhh

Honestly I can't see them do a Super Bowl without Paradise and Viva, but if they really have Bey and Riri on board and its just 12 minutes...unless Bey rings the Jerusalem Bells and Riri belts out Ooohooohs with Will, I don't know how they wanna fit that in. Ok, 4 songs at the most in 12 mins I guesss...

They'll ruin their 'rock' status.

Then again, that's what they want:(

What about Tove Lo and Noely G? They were on the new album, right:D

Why can't they bring them on stage and an Oasis reunion and Radiohead collab and U2 collab and Jon Hopkins collab and Kasabian collab and Pink Floyd collab and Jamie xx collab?

(I can dream:dance:)

gosh people, there are only rumors and nothing concrete! just take a breather and let them do their thing! we all knew when this was announced with this being the epitome of mainstream, we won't get something in the vein of lp1-4 coldplay, specially considering the later output. we'll just have to wait and see.

also, don't forget that this is not completely in the hands of coldplay, when it comes to the show that they'll put out. a lot of people are working on it with them. not to mention a lot of corporate suits.

one thing we can count on is that this won't be a show aimed at pleasing the long-term, hard-core coldplay fan base. it can go many ways, let's hope they do surprise us in a good sense.

• Like 3

gosh people, there are only rumors and nothing concrete! just take a breather and let them do their thing! we all knew when this was announced with this being the epitome of mainstream, we won't get something in the vein of lp1-4 coldplay, specially considering the later output. we'll just have to wait and see.

also, don't forget that this is not completely in the hands of coldplay, when it comes to the show that they'll put out. a lot of people are working on it with them. not to mention a lot of corporate suits.

one thing we can count on is that this won't be a show aimed at pleasing the long-term, hard-core coldplay fan base. it can go many ways, let's hope they do surprise us in a good sense.

Hmmm its 12 minutes right? So they are probably gonna play a mashup of a few songs I assume. We already know they are gonna play Hymn and Princess, I´d also expect ASFOS and Paradise.

I don't know that Coldplay won't have creative control over what they will do. I cant see why not. They will probably have a lot of time and logistic constraints though, but other than that Im sure they will do their thing, and probably one of the reasons they look forward to this: an unique opportunity for them to put up a show in a way they´ve never done before.

And as for not pleasing the hard-core coldplay fan base, I disagree. I , and Im sure many others, are plenty pleased by their live shows hehe And I think this will be a mini version of what they already do in the stadiums: lots of colours, lots of energy with the addition of a few guests. If it will be like this, it will surely be something I look forward to see! That said Im not familiar with halftime shows in general, so not sure exactly what to expect.

Im not a Beyonce fan and am a moderate Rihanna fan, but I must say this news got me excited! It would be cool to see both songs sung live with their respective guest vocalists :) I saw Rihanna singing this in Paris and it was really a delight :)

they're not going to sing the whole song ,the setlist of Bruno Mars back then in 2014 was 6 songs .. and Beyonce did even 9 songs .. so I'm sure their will be room for the classics one .. also usually in the Super Bowl the last song used to be a bit more emotional, Brono did " Just The Way You Are " Beyonce sing " Halo " and katty perry with " Firework " .. as for Coldplay i can't think of anything other than Fix you it will be a stunning and memorable closer to the show

• Like 1