✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

they're not going to sing the whole song ,the setlist of Bruno Mars back then in 2014 was 6 songs .. and Beyonce did even 9 songs .. so I'm sure their will be room for the classics one .. also usually in the Super Bowl the last song used to be a bit more emotional, Brono did " Just The Way You Are " Beyonce sing " Halo " and katty perry with " Firework " .. as for Coldplay i can't think of anything other than Fix you it will be a stunning and memorable closer to the show

Ah thanks for the info :) I had imagined a mashup but I did not know so many songs could be fit in. It will be interesting to see what they do! And I agree with you: fix you would be the obvious closer, though I admit I´d rather hear Everglow hehe :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about a michael stipe appearance instead of all the rumored ones? never going to happen, but one can dream right?

Yes please!

Are you sure this isn't an old photo? I think it is strange that it is on Gwyneth's Instagram.

• Like 1

Whoa, Michael, what happened, lol? (I dig it. :wink3:)

Now waiting for the spoilers from the band that Davide promised in the Coldplaying interview...

(Also: I already checked at work whether I could take the day after the Super Bowl off, as it's in the middle of the night here, so I can stay awake without regrets. Cray cray. :rolleyes5:)

• Like 2

(Also: I already checked at work whether I could take the day after the Super Bowl off, as it's in the middle of the night here, so I can stay awake without regrets. Cray cray. :rolleyes5:)

I wonder how many people on here will see the super bowl for the very first time. Most of them probably don't even know what game they are playing :D

Anyway, i'm starting to look forward to it even though i wasn't a big fan of the idea at first.

Also really looking forward to the game. Gonna be a great night. Think i'm gonna be sitting in the sportsbar wearing my GS Tour shirt that night.

EDIT: And since they will probably announce North-America tour dates around the date of the game i'm looking forward to early february even more. Playing around with the idea of going to a gig in the US or Canada if everything fits my schedule and i can combine it with a vacation.

Sent via Tapatalk

If you read the article on this website, pay close attention to the end of the second paragraph where it says, "featuring COLDPLAY along with other special artists."

Could these be collaborations with people like Beyoncé and Rihanna??

http://www.sfbaysuperbowl.com/opportunity-for-fans-to-participate-in-pepsi-super-bowl-50-halftime-show#AV8yVZ5is6AYq5Ou.97

Dont forget about Tove Lo, she could be performing Fun with the band at some point

Or perhaps not

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg

Only five days for the behind the scenes miniseries to begin (on my birthday!) :D

Also, do we know the exact time the Halftime Show starts?

I didn't want them going for the reason that I feel they shouldn't be this kind of cheery catering-to-the-masses band - but the hate is all comin from the other side ! So many people hate it because they think Coldplay are too "boring" to them...

Those tossers clearly haven't heard these then::P

Square One

A Head Full Of Dreams

One I Love

A Sky Full Of Stars

Adventure Of A Lifetime

Hymn For The Weekend

Paradise

Charlie Brown

Princess Of China

Army Of One

X Marks The Spot

Midnight

Shiver

Don't Let It Break Your Heart

Viva La Vida

ETC.......

Now go ahead Twitter, say that Coldplay are boring now.

HA! You can't, can you?;)

• Like 1

the hate continues.

Why Hip-Hop — Not Coldplay — Is the Only Music That Works for Super Bowl 50

coldplay-super-bowl-50-controversy.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

BUCKNER/VARIETY/REX SHUTTERSTOCK

DECEMBER 10, 2015 | 10:00AM PT

Bob Lefsetz

@lefsetz

The halftime show has frequently been the highlight of the Super Bowl, but with the announcement last week that Coldplay would be the featured performer at Super Bowl 50 on Feb. 7, it’s hard to see how the game itself won’t be the draw this year. Maybe that’s what the NFL had in mind when it booked the British band.

This story first appeared in the December 08, 2015 issue of Variety. Subscribe today.

The “nip slip” was the best thing to ever happen to the Super Bowl — after Prince’s triumphant performance that is. Quick, name who won those games?

The Super Bowl is a national holiday wherein we all come together to eat too much, get drunk and have fun. It’s a gathering of the tribes — nearly eclipsed by the MTV Video Music Awards in its heyday. That’s why the NFL hired MTV to produce the nip-slip triumph (never call it a fiasco; that’s a misnomer). The league wanted some controversy, and it got it.

Who lost in all that controversy? Certainly not Justin Timberlake. And Janet Jackson is still doing great at the turnstiles. As for CBS, the hosting channel? Leslie Moonves oversees a juggernaut.

But these days, nudity is so prevalent online that Playboy has eliminated it from its magazine. That’s what you do when confronted with a changing landscape; you deliver the unexpected, you get one step ahead.

So why play it safe now?

We know what’s in it for Coldplay. They go to where the most eyeballs are and then put tickets on sale to their tour for “A Head Full of Dreams” the next day. And holding back the album from Spotify is like putting the efforts of a has-been behind a paywall. This is a band that was buoyed by MTV and VH1 when those networks still played music.

“Music is all about marketing, and sports are all about protecting the past and taking no risks — at a time when society is living on the cutting edge.”

But the NFL has used up all the usual has-beens, classic rockers are too geriatric to excite the assembled multitude, and the best have already made an appearance. So why not feature the music that truly rules the NFL: hip-hop.

Jay Z would be the host, of course. But Hova is surrounded by Kendrick and Drake, and even Killer Mike. Lil Wayne runs out for a cameo, and then Dr. Dre is lowered from the heavens as Snoop Dogg goes into “Gin and Juice.”

Half of America would be thrilled.

And half of America would be vomiting.

Can you imagine the aftermath, the explication of rap’s history, the meaning of the lyrics, the offense taken by those who believe they know better, even though they don’t, not understanding that Drake is a bigger star on Spotify than Adele. Yes, “Hotline Bling” is bigger than “Hello,” because music lives on streaming services, not in CD racks or at the iTunes Store. And Coldplay has one No. 1 hit; Drake has five. This is like playing the second-string QB instead of Cam Newton.

The NFL is in the entertainment business, so why not give the public what it wants? It should ignore the vocal minority imploring it to play it safe. Why would a public enraptured of Snapchat and Instagram be interested in a band that made its bones before Facebook hit the scene?

And while the league has thrown in Beyonce and Bruno Mars for spice, didn’t we just see them in a Super Bowl show?

So this is where we’re at. Music is all about marketing, and sports are all about protecting the past and taking no risks — at a time when society is living on the cutting edge, knowing what happens today probably won’t be remembered tomorrow.

The Super Bowl only comes around once a year. And we punt the ball and give our greatest promotional opportunity to this wimpy group from England?

No, you bring out the heavy hitters. And that means hip-hop.

variety

Fuck this article, lolololololololol

:D

• Like 1