✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-02-07] Coldplay headlining Super Bowl 2016 - Confirmed

Someone talked about there being a video of these xylobands v2?

I remember seeing the video. It was the same concept of course, but the bands will now have the ability to change color. It's going to be amazing.. Can't wait to see them during the tour and hopefully at the super bowl!!

• Like 1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest diogo_sg
I remember seeing the video. It was the same concept of course, but the bands will now have the ability to change color. It's going to be amazing.. Can't wait to see them during the tour and hopefully at the super bowl!!

That's the one! Those are going to look so amazing during the live shows!! :D

Ah the changing of colour is interesting! Maybe they can be programmed to create certain color patterns in the stadium? That would be awesome :)

I think that is the whole point of having the Xylobands 2.0... So they can create a controlled pulsing sea of rippling colour! It will look so amazing replicated around a stadium :D :dazzled:

hahahaa! you have to be able to run fast to get in here..

Fan Participant Super Bowl 50

We're looking for enthusiastic fans of Coldplay, who would like to be on the field for the Pepsi Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show! Fan Participants who are selected will be on the field during the show, which will feature a performance by Coldplay.

If you are interested in being considered as a Fan Participant for the show, please read the following notice and instructions to submit your group information.

Groups

All Fan Participants are required to be part of a group. Groups must have at least 10 members including one group leader. A group can be an organized team, club, squad, community group, or even a group of friends who want to be a part of this experience together. Each group must have, or assign, a leader who is at least 21 years of age. All group members must be at least 18 years of age.

Group Leaders

Group leaders must be at least 21 years old. The group leader will be our point of contact for all show information. We will expect the group leader to be responsible for all communication and organization for the group, including:

• Communicating rehearsal schedules & arrival instructions
  • Organizing carpools/transportation
  • Making sure group members know and follow all stadium rules and rules governing conduct on the field

Rehearsals

We anticipate that there will be three rehearsals prior to the show on Game Day. By submitting your group for consideration to be Fan Participants, all group members understand and agree that they will attend all scheduled rehearsals. Absence of any group member from any of the rehearsals may result in removal of your entire group from the show. Please make sure all group members are available for all listed rehearsals before submitting any information. Approximate and 'TBD' elements will be announced after Fan Participants have been selected. Schedule is subject to change.

Date Time Location

January 31st Rehearsal 11:30AM to 4:00PM TBD

February 4th Dress Rehearsal 2:30PM to 10PM Stadium

February 5th Dress Rehearsal TBA weather backup only Stadium

Sunday, February 7th SHOW DAY TBD TBA Offsite Location

All Fan Participants Must:

• Be at least 18 years of age
  • Have an understanding of staging and blocking.
  • Be of sound physical health and capable of vigorous physical activity without assistance, including walking long distances and the ability to run onto & off of the field as directed without stopping (really, we mean run). There will be no exceptions made to this rule. The ability to run quickly is an essential function of your participation and a requirement for safety. If you are not able to run, it poses a serious safety risk to both you and to other Fan Participants.
  • Report at the scheduled check-in time and place for rehearsals and for the show on Game Day.
  • Sign and adhere to a very strict confidentiality agreement.

Rules

• No drinking alcohol
  • No use of drugs
  • No foul language
  • No pushing or fighting
  • No smoking
  • No weapons of any kind
  • Do not miss any rehearsals or check-ins
  • Do not be late for any rehearsals or check-ins
  • Conduct yourself at all times in a responsible, courteous, and reasonable manner, and obey all reasonable verbal instructions of field leaders.

Important to know

This is not a paid engagement or an offer of employment

No tickets to the game are available. Fan Participants will not have seats at the stadium to watch the game.

Each group will be expected to provide their own transportation. Car-pooling will be very important for all rehearsals & on Game Day, as parking is extremely limited.

On game day, Fan Participants will report to an off-site location and be transported to the stadium. That location will be revealed at rehearsal.

Submitting your group information does not guarantee participation.

We will notify those who are selected to participate via email to the Group Leader.

If selected to participate, groups will be required to provide us with copies of government-issued identification, showing proof of age of each group member.

How to Submit Your Group

For registration, we'll be asking for the following:

• Group Name (This will appear in communication and rosters when you check-in. e.g. "Jefferson Pep Club")
  • Organization/Affiliation (optional)
  • One or two sentences explaining why you love the Super Bowl and/or Cold Play.

And the following from each member of the group:

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Phone Number
  • Email Address
  • Date of Birth

Please gather all this information from each group member before beginning your registration.

x

Running seems somehow important. :D

I bet it's a show part where Will puts on his evil stare and chases fans down the field with his enormous church bell (I imagine him standing on a huge chariot pulled through the stadium by Chris).

I get people not liking the Super Bowl halftime show and not wanting Coldplay on it. But Coldplay themselves have said how much this means to them so I think it's not very nice to wish they'd been cancelled ...

I'm in a way also looking forward to seeing the performance, but out of principle I have to stick to my opinion that they shouldn't have done that. And we all know they're not gonna be canceled. :)

I'm in a way also looking forward to seeing the performance, but out of principle I have to stick to my opinion that they shouldn't have done that. And we all know they're not gonna be canceled. :)

I cant imagine anyone in their right mind saying no to being asked to perform in front of an audience of over 100 million people!

Whatever one may think of the SuperBowl (I have no opinion in the matter as im not a sports fan), it IS the largest and most prestigious venue to perform at for an artist in the USA. Everyone who´s asked to play there (that I know of) is both very honoured and very nervous at the prospect of putting up a 12 minutes show! And the halftime has featured both pop and rock artists, including Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, The Who etc. So yeah I dont quite get whats "wrong" about performing there...

• Like 2

I cant imagine anyone in their right mind saying no to being asked to perform in front of an audience of over 100 million people!

Of course Coldplay wouldnt say no, but I say from my point of view that I would feel more comfortable if that had not happened. It is indicative of a certain direction the band has taken - and again they are becoming bigger, not better. I really appreciate if you like their recent output; as you know I do not and I do not like the way their performance style is slowly drifting towards mainstream pop artist's performance style - jumping around all the time even at the expense of a significantly worse vocal performance, background dancers etc. The only thing that's missing now is Chris being lowered from the ceiling in a glittery costume with scantily-clad girls dancing around him.

During the Viva Era, when they were artistically acclaimed, I would have supported the idea of them playing there, but during this Era...it might be a performance shaped by Monkey dancers and the likes thereof, and it is debatable if this is something you would wish for the band. That's my opinion.

• Like 1

During the Viva Era, when they were artistically acclaimed, I would have supported the idea of them playing there, but during this Era...it might be a performance shaped by Monkey dancers and the likes thereof, and it is debatable if this is something you would wish for the band. That's my opinion.

This has nothing to do with my liking their recent album or not :) Had they been asked during the Viva or MX or even A Rush era I still would have thought it´d be a great opportunity for the band. Musicians who perform there usually showcase their greatest hits and celebrate their whole career (or try to in 12 minutes lol), so this is a great opportunity for the band, completely irrespective of what album they have on the shelves at the moment :)

As for whether I will like the performance, that remains to be seen. I just like to point out that the "monkey dancers" you mention , if they will appear, will not be exclusive to the SuperBowl (we have seen them already in a few performances), so again I dont see this as an argument to be against this specific venue :)

• Like 2