โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

Plan The Ultimate Super Bowl Half-Time Show for Coldplay

arushofjacktothehead

I appreciate the sentiment and I love all those songs, but thats not a list Iยดd like to see at the Superbowl *lol*

I think that the song choices are pretty obvious

it's not a music place with lots of people who have never heard of them

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be going as I'm a diehard Coldplay fan, and to see them live playing the most watched event in the world is bucket list worthy. It's been a truly long journey of 4 guys from UCL to the biggest stage on the planet - I trust Phil will make sure things go appropriately epic. They should take cues from the live 2012 concert dvd- Charlie Brown would be epic but then again it's not necessarily a coldplay friendly audience.

ย 

For sure - Viva, Sky Full of Stars, Adventure (promo for new song), Hymn is a given since Beyonce will be there, I'm assuming Uptown Funk will be played since Bruno will also be there. Clocks and Paradise will probably round out the 6 songs. I can't see how they fit in Fix You but then again fireworks at the end of that song may be a factor.

ย 

I hope they do it right, regardless, this is the biggest tv audience they will ever have - it doesn't get any bigger.

I'm going to be going as I'm a diehard Coldplay fan, and to see them live playing the most watched event in the world is bucket list worthy. It's been a truly long journey of 4 guys from UCL to the biggest stage on the planet - I trust Phil will make sure things go appropriately epic. They should take cues from the live 2012 concert dvd- Charlie Brown would be epic but then again it's not necessarily a coldplay friendly audience.

ย 

For sure - Viva, Sky Full of Stars, Adventure (promo for new song), Hymn is a given since Beyonce will be there, I'm assuming Uptown Funk will be played since Bruno will also be there. Clocks and Paradise will probably round out the 6 songs. I can't see how they fit in Fix You but then again fireworks at the end of that song may be a factor.

ย 

I hope they do it right, regardless, this is the biggest tv audience they will ever have - it doesn't get any bigger.

6 songs would mean each was two minutes longs,I think they're doing 4 of their own then finishing on a remix of clocks,uptown funk and hymn for the weekend

Looking at previous Superbowls setlists... they can pretty much max out at 9 songs (a lot of partials). Bruce only did 4 and did more of the full songs.

ย 

Assuming we know that Coldplay is doing Viva, Clocks, AOAL and HFTW... I'd guess that we only get full or mostly full for Viva. Clocks you can do a verse, same with AOAL and HFTW. Throw Sky Full of Stars in there and maybe Paradise and you get something like this?

ย 

1. AFHOD (Intro > walk on)

2. AOAL

3. Clocks > Bruno Mars > HFTW

4. Viva (full)

5. Paradise > POC

6. Sky Full of Stars

Often artists shorten songs and have them flow into each other -- like a different version of it or a medley. Bruce Springsteen wanted to play full songs, so he only did about 4. Beyonce did 9 by doing a medley. The last few have averaged about 8 songs.

ย 

Songs like Clocks can make a quick point w/o having the whole 4 minutes & Uptown Funk can be a sample of a minute or so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw a commerical that said a new "Hawaii Five-0" episode will feature "4 new Coldplay songs". This is the first I'm hearing of this. Can anyk e clear this up? Are we indeed getting 4 new songs soon, or they mean songs from the new album? I don't watch the show so I don't know how it does things.

I just saw a commerical that said a new "Hawaii Five-0" episode will feature "4 new Coldplay songs". This is the first I'm hearing of this. Can anyk e clear this up? Are we indeed getting 4 new songs soon, or they mean songs from the new album? I don't watch the show so I don't know how it does things.

4 songs from AHFOD.

• Like 1

It's just four songs from AHFOD.

(Edit: As mayrn43 already said. :D)

• Like 1