✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Plan The Ultimate Super Bowl Half-Time Show for Coldplay

arushofjacktothehead

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will be rihanna in the SB also, so will be... PoC for sure... and i really betting that for the meaning of superhit of SB, they will make HFTW with beyonce, they will perform with both stars in the same night... that will give a lot of rating xD the 3rd song. AOAL or AHFOD.

Wow. Nearly everybody on the internet is bitching about how it's not Britney Spears for some reason. Like, why Britney Spears? o_O

yeah! they do know that he can't ling live right? well, we are talking about the super bowl half time show where the "spectacle" is far more important than musicality.

I love that this is the Golden Super Bowl. *___*

Some of the following songs (this is not the time for B-sides lol) or a mashup with some of them abbreviated:

• Yellow, Clocks, Fix You, Viva La Vida, Paradise, A Sky Full Of Stars, Hymn For The Weekend

Realistically though, this is too much so let's discuss:

• Yellow has to go or maybe be just a short intro, some people still think it's their signature song
  • Fix You can't be shortened without losing its effect but can be potentially performed as the finale but no Clocks or Paradise then
  • Since there's time and patience for only one piano song I'd go for Clocks, it's the ultimate Coldplay song
  • I'm so sick of Viva La Vida, I'd retire it for at least 5 years and genuinely prefer Paradise but since it's their only US #1 it's a must
  • A Sky Full Of Stars is perfect for the occasion, plus Chris doesn't play any instruments so he's free to do whatever he wants
  • Hymn For The Weekend will probably be their current hit at the time so that's the choice from this album
  • I hope that Beyoncé is their only guest

So the "perfect" setlist is:

(stage props in [])

0. *they enter the stage in a creative fashion look at the stars look how they shine for you part of Yellow plays and fades into:*

1. A Sky Full Of Stars (Chris jumps around like an idiot) [xylobands]

*sits down at the piano to rest and plays:*

2. Clocks (maybe they'll find a way to mash it up with Paradise like they did GPASUYF/Talk) [lazers]

*Beyoncé joins them*

3. Hymn For The Weekend (with Beyoncé yas kween slay yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas) [Beyoncé]

*bye bye Beyoncé*

4. Viva La Vida (verse, chorus, fucking oh oh oh oh ohh oh [x5]) [confetti]

?. *Will continues to sing oh oh oh oh ohh oh with the crowd as Chris sits to play the outro to Fix You*

• Like 1

Oh some great ideas here for the setlist/show. I cant wait to see what they will do!

Some songs I´d like to see being performed and I also think are likely to be (in no particular order)

-Sky Full of Stars

-Paradise

-Adventure

-Hymn

-Viva

-Clocks

Most of all I am looking forward to how they are going to stage the whole thing :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know some people have Viva fatigue but it's really the biggest song they've ever done. I took a break from it for a bit and coming back to it gave me chills.

AFHOD intro

1. Clocks (shortened) >

2. Hymn for the Weekend (w/ Beyonce)

3. Yellow (shortened) >

4. Viva La Vida

5. ASFOS (w/ Fireworks)

Maybe they'll mix it up but remember there may be a special guest on top of Beyonce & they have broad daylight for the halftime ... first in a while since they are in California. Would rather not see Fix You -- Charlie Brown would be a pleasant surprise or anything that isn't POC off of MX.

Definite choices:

Viva La Vida. This is the stadium song most will know, and will warm up the Coldplay non-fans.

A Sky Full of Stars. Perfect vibe for mass appeal, and just fun in a crowd.

Adventure of a Lifetime. Of course.

Hymn for the Weekend, likely with Beyonce.

Maybes:

ETIAW

Paradise

Birds

A Head Full of Dreams

Clocks snippet

Reworked Yellow

I'm not entirely sure they will slow down their set. They have enough uptempo songs to put on an energetic performance.

I'd like:

1) Clocks

2) Adventure Of A Lifetime

3) Shiver

4) Midnight

5) Atlas

6) Fix You

(with snippets of Yellow, Viva and Paradise)

This is a Hymn free list

Pop on ASFOS as well if you must;)

Shiver, Midnight, and Atlas are extremely unlikely. I'd say even Fix You has low odds.

• Like 1

Definite choices:

Viva La Vida. This is the stadium song most will know, and will warm up the Coldplay non-fans.

A Sky Full of Stars. Perfect vibe for mass appeal, and just fun in a crowd.

Adventure of a Lifetime. Of course.

Hymn for the Weekend, likely with Beyonce.

Maybes:

ETIAW

Paradise

Birds

A Head Full of Dreams

Clocks snippet

Reworked Yellow

I'm not entirely sure they will slow down their set. They have enough uptempo songs to put on an energetic performance.

I've seen bits of their set list by pausing the Pepsi video with the sheets on the table and its 1:(Unknown) 2:adventure of a lifetime 3:viva la vida 4(Unknown) 5 clocks/uptown funk/Beyoncé

I am 80% sure that the setlist will be something like this

1-politik

2-moving to mars

3-gravity

4-fix you

5-death and all his friends

now how is that for a dream?

I appreciate the sentiment and I love all those songs, but thats not a list I´d like to see at the Superbowl *lol*