✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

Great performance by the way!

Sometimes I think Guy has a similar voice pitch as Chris. Jonny's singing voice is so different to Chris he can reach very low notes while Will can reach higher notes.

Yeah, it's just so cool if they all sing together ! They just need to make (in some songs) lines which have lower notes, for example: ''If you love me, won't you let me know''. That's just cool! And I'm also disappointed that there's no song in AHFOD where Jonny sings (along) like ETIAW/Daylight/Don't Panic.

But ok. Also see that there's much progress in Will's singing and that's just great !

Just missing that all four of them sing.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurts Like Heaven live 2012 is so beautiful

Oh yes, it is! :dazzled:

I love how Chris is so enthusiastic about the Parisian audience and I can feel so clearly how much the guys are enjoying themselves. HLH was such a great opener. Maybe my favourite (in a field of many tough contenders). I don't like the studio version of it, because it sounds much more empty and the voice effect does nothing for me. For me it's a song that was meant to be enjoyed live. I always listen to the live versions therefore. Ah, I could go on for hours... :heart:

Kind of sad that this won't ever be an opener again. I hope they at least unpack it for other spots on the setlist some day.

• Like 1

HLH was such a great opener. Maybe my favourite (in a field of many tough contenders). I don't like the studio version of it, because it sounds much more empty and the voice effect does nothing for me. For me it's a song that was meant to be enjoyed live. I always listen to the live versions therefore. Ah, I could go on for hours... :heart:

I was thinking about something like this the other day. Coldplay is a live band, they love playing shows. That's why we prefer the live versions instead of the album ones most of the times. Especially AHFOD is meant to be played live and they enjoy it more than ever what is reflected on the stage.

• Like 1

Oh yes, it is! :dazzled:

I love how Chris is so enthusiastic about the Parisian audience and I can feel so clearly how much the guys are enjoying themselves.

We did enjoy it too as a crowd !! It was an amazing gig! With double the xylobands too haha

And yes I hope they play it in the new tour too. I hope to be hearing a lot from Mylo and ghost stories too!

Guest diogo_sg
I'm watching Ghost Stories and it's just so good too. Hope midnight , fly and another arms or always in my head make it to the new setlist. All of them unlikely but still I'd love to see them live!

Midnight doesn't seem too unlikely to me, actually. It was the first song to be released from Ghost Stories and there is a music video for it. I know this doesn't mean anything, but I have a feeling that it will return to this era's setlists.

Midnight doesn't seem too unlikely to me, actually. It was the first song to be released from Ghost Stories and there is a music video for it. I know this doesn't mean anything, but I have a feeling that it will return to this era's setlists.

I agree. I think it's likely. I meant it's unlikely for all those I mentioned to make an appearance together hehe but who knows :)

Damn I guess I'm a true coldplayer allplayer whatever it is we are called lol

After ghost stories I pop in live 2003 (have not seen it in ages) expecting to find it well less entertaining but so far I'm just as engrossed haha

I notice though how more serious they all were , you can almost see worry wrinkles on their faces. I'm happy to see how relaxed they are now and just enjoying themselves :)

• Like 1

Damn I guess I'm a true coldplayer allplayer whatever it is we are called lol

After ghost stories I pop in live 2003 (have not seen it in ages) expecting to find it well less entertaining but so far I'm just as engrossed haha

I notice though how more serious they all were , you can almost see worry wrinkles on their faces. I'm happy to see how relaxed they are now and just enjoying themselves :)

It looks like you're having a Coldplaython! I think they have always done a great show, but this time they're just more colorful

• Like 1

It looks like you're having a Coldplaython! I think they have always done a great show, but this time they're just more colorful

Yes sort of, digging out all the "somber" Coldplay from GS backwards haha And God no the new shows are ten times better imo (from Viva onwards), but the quality of the music is as enthralling to me as the new music. Different style but just as great in my view!

I also must admit I "like" them better as people than they were then. Chris seemed a bit too well I don't know...not sure arrogant is the right word, even his mention of Make trade Fair seems off despite the good intention, but I don't know its just like something was not right, was not clicking then, hard to explain, more a feeling I get from the way he is on stage and the way he speaks to the crowd compared to now. Now he´s just right and so much more at peace with himself, he found his place I guess...and it shows!

Yes sort of, digging out all the "somber" Coldplay from GS backwards haha And God no the new shows are ten times better imo (from Viva onwards), but the quality of the music is as enthralling to me as the new music. Different style but just as great in my view!

I also must admit I "like" them better as people than they were then. Chris seemed a bit too well I don't know...not sure arrogant is the right word, even his mention of Make trade Fair seems off despite the good intention, but I don't know its just like something was not right, was not clicking then, hard to explain, more a feeling I get from the way he is on stage and the way he speaks to the crowd compared to now. Now he´s just right and so much more at peace with himself, he found his place I guess...and it shows!

They were nervous in that stage of their lives. They had only had like 5 years playing their own songs in front of lots of people. Their fame grew so quickly and they didn't know how to manage it. Now, they're confident, they have gained experience and after 20 years together they know their weaknesses and strengths. Chris is the one who has a bigger improvement (he has to as he's the frontman). He can interact with the audience easily and say whatever he wants even when people misinterprete him. The rest of the band has improved as well because they don't look like statues anymore lol that's my impression when I watch their earlier performances. But they have always had a big sound and that stands among the mistakes they have made.

• Like 2

Yes they were and it all went south just shortly after with X&Y which really showed how dis functional the band had become (you can't really hear it cuz the music is still great imo but u can tell the album is bloated). Thank god for Viva I'm sure they thank Brian end every day haha

Inspired by the great Carpool Karaoke interview, I dug out one of my absolute favourites Chris interviews, the one with Zane Lowe during Ghost Stories.

SO many tidbits here about him and the band. Just such a great intimate interview! Also the moment Fly On plays and Chris eyes moist...instant interview classic.

You have to trust the Universe :nod::sunny:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Inspired by the great Carpool Karaoke interview, I dug out one of my absolute favourites Chris interviews, the one with Zane Lowe during Ghost Stories.

SO many tidbits here about him and the band. Just such a great intimate interview! Also the moment Fly On plays and Chris eyes moist...instant interview classic.

You have to trust the Universe :nod::sunny:

i didn't think it was possible to love and respect him more but damn Chris......that interview

thx for uploading !

Weekend is about to start, so I'll share Paradise because it feels like paradise, plus it might get 500 million views in the next weeks. Right now it has 483 million views!

Wow is that video blowing up all of a sudden. It's only a matter of time. 487 million at this moment!

• Like 1

I won't be able to watch the Brit awards hopefully someone will record it and share it with us. Here it is the last appearance Coldplay did in 2012 with an explosive opening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgeO4V1JdC4

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/VgeO4V1JdC4

When are the Brits?

Edit: This Wednesday??....I see no one has posted in the 2016 Brits thread for almost a month, so I forgot when it was haha

When are the Brits?

Edit: This Wednesday??....I see no one has posted in the 2016 Brits thread for almost a month, so I forgot when it was haha

Lol, this reminds me that thread "you know you're obsessed with Coldplay when... you know when is their next performance without writing down it in a calendar!

• Like 2

Yay at least they actually won an award this time Round ^ :D :D :D

Watched the HFTW performance official recording, truly outstanding. Loved it. Too bad you couldn't hear the crowd. You could kind of hear the song too much in it. The live version is definetely very good... improved a lot from their first time around, Chris going off tune all the time lol. It was also much more explosive this time around, especially the second time was exactly what I'd hoped to see with the confetti and everything. Very nice perfomance, definetely deserved the Best British Band award. Too bad they lost to Adele in the album award but then again her album actually might be better... (haven't listeneed to it yet, will have to give it a try)

• Like 1

I have listened to Adele's new album and I might say it's boring. The only songs that I like are Hello and Million Years Ago. I agree her voice is amazing but AHFOD has more variety than 25. Anyways, I'm so happy they won for the 4th time best British Group, they truly deserve it!

And I like their performance, but I didn't like Chris voice, the chorus sounded great though.