✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The Ultimate Coldplaying Thread===S, BS, BR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM, MX, GS, AHFOD===

EasySuperstition99

I have listened to Adele's new album and I might say it's boring. The only songs that I like are Hello and Million Years Ago. I agree her voice is amazing but AHFOD has more variety than 25. Anyways, I'm so happy they won for the 4th time best British Group, they truly deserve it!

And I like their performance, but I didn't like Chris voice, the chorus sounded great though.

Jamie XX as honourable mention *cough cough*

I agree with this post.

• Like 2

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This came to my mind the other day, Coldplay changed the music genre and they get inspired by different singers and bands, but their new songs are still part of my life. So, in your opinion, what does it make Coldplay different to the rest of mainstream music?

Guest diogo_sg
This came to my mind the other day, Coldplay changed the music genre and they get inspired by different singers and bands, but their new songs are still part of my life. So, in your opinion, what does it make Coldplay different to the rest of mainstream music?

For me, it's the heart and the meaning they put into their songs. Of course, many artists do that too, but Coldplay's music feels... different and it resonates with me like no other does :)

I can't imagine my life without Coldplay. Their music has something special that makes me so happy and that I feel good every time I listen to it. Especially in times when I feel less well. It doesn't matter which song I listen, if it is Coldplay it's alright ! And also, they are just being themselves, don't want to stand out from the rest and are shy. Anyway, they are just very kind. And somehow I feel like I know them. It's a very great feeling.

I'm not saying Coldplay are the best but Coldplay are the best to me ! :D

• Like 2

So, in your opinion, what does it make Coldplay different to the rest of mainstream music?

Their name is incredibly cool. Like, really cool, man. It's really such a great blend of words. I'm not even joking, like the name is really really cool. ;)

(other reasons mentioned above)

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Their name is incredibly cool. Like, really cool, man. It's really such a great blend of words. I'm not even joking, like the name is really really cool. ;)

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's one of the best names for a band I think.

For me it's the fact that they have mainstream/radio songs (Yellow, Every Teardrop, Sky Full of Stars, etc) that make you happy along with less well-known songs (Don't Panic, Us Against the World, Oceans) which aren't suited for pop radio but are still as good. You get to decide how deep you want to know this band. You can listen to the B-sides and they will still sound great!

Also they are really special to me mainly because of their gracious personality and openness and so much care for their fans.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll write here some of the things Chris is saying from the interview with the Chilean radio station

So far, the interview has been great.

One thing that caught my attention was Chris is aware they are losing some fans because they hasn't copied themselves. They don't design their music, they have new experiences that makes their music different on each album.

• Like 3

Guest diogo_sg

^ I listened to it and understood most of it. It was nice, but it didn't have many questions. I didn't notice Chris saying that, though, so thanks for posting ;)

^ I listened to it and understood most of it. It was nice, but it didn't have many questions. I didn't notice Chris saying that, though, so thanks for posting ;)

No, weere like 6 questions I didn't count them. The first ones were very interesting but that part stuck in my head. I think that answers most of our questions, and confirms in a different way what we already know

I'll write here some of the things Chris is saying from the interview with the Chilean radio station

So far, the interview has been great.

One thing that caught my attention was Chris is aware they are losing some fans because they hasn't copied themselves. They don't design their music, they have new experiences that makes their music different on each album.

Well the thing is, it's not Oldplayers that dislike change. It's disliking the nature of the change. If they were pop but now were alternative rock the Oldplayer on this forum now would love their new works, and dislike their early works :laugh4:

Well the thing is, it's not Oldplayers that dislike change. It's disliking the nature of the change. If they were pop but now were alternative rock the Oldplayer on this forum now would love their new works, and dislike their early works :laugh4:

lol anyways, the band we'll just follow their hearts. What other people say won't be relevant. They'll appreciate the people who buy the records or go to their concerts, because right now they don't have anything to lose.

• Like 1

Chris is aware they are losing some fans because they hasn't copied themselves. They don't design their music, they have new experiences that makes their music different on each album.

This shouldn't be a shocker. Great musicians are those who write about what they experience and what they're passionate about. Great musicians are first and foremost true to themselves, and then their fans.

• Like 1

This shouldn't be a shocker. Great musicians are those who write about what they experience and what they're passionate about. Great musicians are first and foremost true to themselves, and then their fans.

It doesn't surprise me, this just caught my attention because this answers some questions a lot of fans have. Some fans want Coldplay to make something similar to AROBTTH but as Chris said, they haven't copied themselves and won't do it. They follow their hearts and that makes their music different to the rest and even more special.

• Like 1

It doesn't surprise me, this just caught my attention because this answers some questions a lot of fans have. Some fans want Coldplay to make something similar to AROBTTH but as Chris said, they haven't copied themselves and won't do it. They follow their hearts and that makes their music different to the rest and even more special.

Oh, I wasn't necessarily talking to you, just about what you said ;)

This caught my attention, too, since it addresses that "why" question that a lot of oldplayers have. We may find them bringing this up more and more as time goes on. Or not :shrug:

Oh, I wasn't necessarily talking to you, just about what you said ;)

This caught my attention, too, since it addresses that "why" question that a lot of oldplayers have. We may find them bringing this up more and more as time goes on. Or not :shrug:

That's the problem of writing, most of the times it's difficult to know what the other person is saying.

• Like 1