✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-12-07] Coldplay on The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably from tonight when they played new songs for the show

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: Exclusive review of Coldplay's title track A Head Full Of Dreams [<a href="https://twitter.com/diet_ice">@diet_ice</a>] <a href="https://t.co/on9gva5IMP">pic.twitter.com/on9gva5IMP</a></p>— Atlas Project (@ColdplayAtlas) <a href="https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/664964471077666816">November 13, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

'Best album opener'.

Really? Better than Politik? I seriously doubt this.

Especially last era when someone compared ASFOS to Yellow.

'Crowd really loved it'.

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

Thanks Tips, I thought the crowd would hate hearing an exclusive premier of a new Coldplay song.

It was awesome! Great show (of course)! AHFOD is a song I think most fans will love, and I think it will make a great concert opener. To me, it had a DLIBYH/HLH feel to it, very up beat and fun. Fits well with AOAL, very colorful. Best album opener? Hard to say, it's up there will Politik in the way it just explodes, very much how DLIBYH does. I'm sure everyone will hear it tomorrow in the Tidal show.

From the way the show was set up, Corden mentioned the album "just released", suggesting the show will air after Dec 4. They did each song twice, then all the guys sat down for an interview. They attempted to do a promo where Corden laid on the laps of the guys, but the way his head was situated above Chris'...lap... made the producer think twice about that one.

Home now, after a super long day. I hate driving to LA - took 2 hours to get up there this morning and nearly 3 hours to get home.

TV shows are so full of production, its always interesting to watch. We arrived at about 8:30, saw there was no line, drove to the parking structure at the Grove and walked to the line. There were 3 people there by then, Oz and Jimmy and someone else. We waited until about 10:30 when we received our wristbands from 1iota. I always have been happy with the way they run their shows. After awhile, we were led inside to a waiting area, and waited for about 45 minutes. We noticed there were 2 groups of people, and found out some were "house guests," most likely meaning friends of the show production staff, and maybe band. There were about 50 of them, and a few hundred of "us." The guests were led into the studio first, and while we were waiting, it was fun to see some familiar faces - Matt, Miller, Hoppy, I think Rik was there, too. When we were led into the studio, there was a rather large floor area, where the house guests were standing and we were sat in the front row of the elevated seats behind the floor. We had priority tickets so were let in first, before the general ticket holders. Front row was great, but I was behind a huge camera which blocked much of my view :( The studio seats filled up, then they started letting the "overflow" onto the floor area. At first I was kind of bummed, because I'd rather be standing than sitting, but what could I do? The production staff went over some audience details with us, telling us how James would enter and how the band would enter, etc. The band came out to the stage, and we all went nuts. They filmed the James's entrance and then the boys started with AOAL - it looked and sounded really good. They were all so happy and bouncy and smiley. The crowd was all on their feet, clapping and dancing and having a great time. Jonny was wearing a bluish-grayish shirt with long red sleeves, Chris was wearing a purple t-shirt, Will wore red, and Guy wore a dark colored button up shirt. They played the song once, then played it again. Chris interacted with the people in the front row of the floor, so fun.

A littlte more production talk, and they launched into A Head Full of Dreams - I had no idea what song it was for the longest time. It was harder to hear, the sound in a tv studio is engineered for broadcast and while we could hear it and it was live and everything, it's not regular concert quality, if that makes sense. Finally I heard him say "head full of dreams" in a chorus and realized that's what it was. Very upbeat, happy, bouncy song, everyone clapping along. Several times, the audience all just started bouncing in time in unison - that's always fun to see when everyone is involved. The second time I really tried to pay more attention to the lyrics, but it was so hard and my memory sucks...but something like "everythings not as it seems in a head full of dreams," but don't quote me on that. I loved it - loved the boy's energy, their connection, they looked happy to be performing again...There is a house band with the bandleader named Reggie, and Chris had some fun banter with him, during the non filming time.

Then, they announced they had to clear all the people off the floor area - the house guests got to stay in the studio but everyone else had to leave. Now I was REALLY glad I wasn't on the floor. Haha. They cleared everyone to bring in comfy movie theater type chairs for the floor audience to sit in. The people who were not the house guests all had to leave, thanks for coming...But we got to stay for the interview. We were sitting on the aisle, and the band walked down the stairs past us to get back to the floor for the interview - their grand entrance so to speak. They were high fiving people as they walked down and I got a high five from Will - my life is now made, and I'm never washing that hand again...haha...

They sat on the sofa, WGJC, swoon. Can I just say how much I've missed those boys??? You will have to watch the show when it airs, but they talked about how James knows them all from London, running into Jonny at breakfast and how he used to live next door to Chris, how the album was recorded - some in LA, some in London, they still use the bakery, they work better when they "mix things up" a bit while recording, james asked about Beyonce's part in the album and how that came to be and Chris - gotta love him - told some funny story about how they live in a castle and you have to pass several tests to get to the King and Queen. Hahaha. They talked about the dynamics of how they function as a band and how they resolve rows. TBH, Guy spoke more in this interview than I've ever heard him speak before. Will spoke a lot, and so did Jonny. SO nice to see them ALL participate and not just let Chris lead. Umm...trying to remember more, but I'm drawing a blank...Oh they did say they will be touring world wide - South America, North America, Asia, Europe, but "not Antarctica." and in typical Chris fashion, he said they were playing big venues and hope they won't be playing to empty rooms, oh and they talked about their first gig where they had to play some festival before the gates opened, so had to play to an empty field. This is all jumbled, but I keep thinking of more...

So that was that... SO awesome and I still can't stop smiling because I freaking saw Coldplay today and high fived Will...sigh...

No one said when it would air, but we asked the crowd control guy and he said he thought sometime next week, but keep an eye on your tv guides...

I so can't wait for tomorrow night!!!!!

Home now, after a super long day. I hate driving to LA - took 2 hours to get up there this morning and nearly 3 hours to get home.

TV shows are so full of production, its always interesting to watch. We arrived at about 8:30, saw there was no line, drove to the parking structure at the Grove and walked to the line. There were 3 people there by then, Oz and Jimmy and someone else. We waited until about 10:30 when we received our wristbands from 1iota. I always have been happy with the way they run their shows. After awhile, we were led inside to a waiting area, and waited for about 45 minutes. We noticed there were 2 groups of people, and found out some were "house guests," most likely meaning friends of the show production staff, and maybe band. There were about 50 of them, and a few hundred of "us." The guests were led into the studio first, and while we were waiting, it was fun to see some familiar faces - Matt, Miller, Hoppy, I think Rik was there, too. When we were led into the studio, there was a rather large floor area, where the house guests were standing and we were sat in the front row of the elevated seats behind the floor. We had priority tickets so were let in first, before the general ticket holders. Front row was great, but I was behind a huge camera which blocked much of my view :( The studio seats filled up, then they started letting the "overflow" onto the floor area. At first I was kind of bummed, because I'd rather be standing than sitting, but what could I do? The production staff went over some audience details with us, telling us how James would enter and how the band would enter, etc. The band came out to the stage, and we all went nuts. They filmed the James's entrance and then the boys started with AOAL - it looked and sounded really good. They were all so happy and bouncy and smiley. The crowd was all on their feet, clapping and dancing and having a great time. Jonny was wearing a bluish-grayish shirt with long red sleeves, Chris was wearing a purple t-shirt, Will wore red, and Guy wore a dark colored button up shirt. They played the song once, then played it again. Chris interacted with the people in the front row of the floor, so fun.

A littlte more production talk, and they launched into A Head Full of Dreams - I had no idea what song it was for the longest time. It was harder to hear, the sound in a tv studio is engineered for broadcast and while we could hear it and it was live and everything, it's not regular concert quality, if that makes sense. Finally I heard him say "head full of dreams" in a chorus and realized that's what it was. Very upbeat, happy, bouncy song, everyone clapping along. Several times, the audience all just started bouncing in time in unison - that's always fun to see when everyone is involved. The second time I really tried to pay more attention to the lyrics, but it was so hard and my memory sucks...but something like "everythings not as it seems in a head full of dreams," but don't quote me on that. I loved it - loved the boy's energy, their connection, they looked happy to be performing again...There is a house band with the bandleader named Reggie, and Chris had some fun banter with him, during the non filming time.

Then, they announced they had to clear all the people off the floor area - the house guests got to stay in the studio but everyone else had to leave. Now I was REALLY glad I wasn't on the floor. Haha. They cleared everyone to bring in comfy movie theater type chairs for the floor audience to sit in. The people who were not the house guests all had to leave, thanks for coming...But we got to stay for the interview. We were sitting on the aisle, and the band walked down the stairs past us to get back to the floor for the interview - their grand entrance so to speak. They were high fiving people as they walked down and I got a high five from Will - my life is now made, and I'm never washing that hand again...haha...

They sat on the sofa, WGJC, swoon. Can I just say how much I've missed those boys??? You will have to watch the show when it airs, but they talked about how James knows them all from London, running into Jonny at breakfast and how he used to live next door to Chris, how the album was recorded - some in LA, some in London, they still use the bakery, they work better when they "mix things up" a bit while recording, james asked about Beyonce's part in the album and how that came to be and Chris - gotta love him - told some funny story about how they live in a castle and you have to pass several tests to get to the King and Queen. Hahaha. They talked about the dynamics of how they function as a band and how they resolve rows. TBH, Guy spoke more in this interview than I've ever heard him speak before. Will spoke a lot, and so did Jonny. SO nice to see them ALL participate and not just let Chris lead. Umm...trying to remember more, but I'm drawing a blank...Oh they did say they will be touring world wide - South America, North America, Asia, Europe, but "not Antarctica." and in typical Chris fashion, he said they were playing big venues and hope they won't be playing to empty rooms, oh and they talked about their first gig where they had to play some festival before the gates opened, so had to play to an empty field. This is all jumbled, but I keep thinking of more...

So that was that... SO awesome and I still can't stop smiling because I freaking saw Coldplay today and high fived Will...sigh...

No one said when it would air, but we asked the crowd control guy and he said he thought sometime next week, but keep an eye on your tv guides...

Thanks for the review! But I skipped the part of the interview haha. I only read the part where they say they are touring south America and North America those are great news for me! And just wear gloves don't wash your hand!!!

Hey thanks a million for writing such a great review, very nice of you to inform us all on the happenings :) Hopefully we all get to hear that song tomorrow! And I'm looking forward to this interview after that!

Guest diogo_sg

Lucky you! Hope you had a great time [emoji7]