✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Let's Choose A Song For The Tour!

If you've listened to Chris and Jonny's interview with Jo Wiley, you would of heard Chris talk about letting fans suggest tracks for the AHFOD tour. Someone from Bolton requesting Spies because their dad was a spy (example Chris actually said :p)

Now, as we are all fans with different opinions, if we were all given a choice, we'd probably come up with at least 20 different songs between us. What I suggest is choosing one song between us all! Might take a long while and it's not gonna be easy but that's ok, we have plenty of time!

We will probably have to wait some time in order to know how we communicate this (Maybe they'll have something at each venue, on an app or on Twitter, who knows) but we will have our plan ready ;) The plan you might ask? The plan is to make a certain song the most requested, so even if it's a never played before B-side, it has a good chance of debuting. Many of their old regulars are awesome but wouldn't it be perfect if the song had never been played before? Coldplay history right there! The band might be reluctant to play it straight off the bat, without practicing it first but that's where persistence is important, as it may take a certain length of time to succeed. With the size of these forums and CPing's following on FB/Twitter/Insta, we can get thousands of fans involved with this project and make it happen!!!

So, more specific details for how you can get involved in the future but to start off this thread, please post your preferred song choice. We'll do something like an elimination game over time to narrow down the choices. Early days still.

Here are some points you may want to consider:

• Picking a song that's never been played at a live concert before (or not for a very long time). You can choose anything you like though, it's all up to whatever is most popular. I would say it's a missed opportunity going for a song like Green Eyes (just as an example), when it was played last year.
  • Risk factor. We may automatically go for a rare, never played before B-side but there's also a chance they'll never play it, even if there's loads of requests. High risk also comes with a high reward.
  • Too unpopular. You know Bucket For A Crown / their 'least popular' B-sides are never gonna be agreed on as a top choice!
  • You can't choose Talk - A certain Mr Berryman doesn't like that one :P

Coldplay Tracks Never Performed Live:

Can someone pull this from an older thread please (or list them if you know them by heart).

I can think of a few obvious ones straight away.

Soundchecked: Crests Of Waves, Prospekts March and Twisted Logic

Never heard: I Ran Away, Things I Don't Understand, A Spell A Rebel Yell

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow didnt take long for a thread like this to appear LOL

Ok personally if they put this dream box up I am gonna go in there and request Green Eyes hands down, however for this thread as we are aiming for a song never played or something my vote goes then to Up with the Birds. (not sure if it has been played but even so i dont think very often!)

• Like 4

I'll say Prospekt's March. It's a great song and even though we have footage of them playing it on rehearsals it could be great to hear it in the actual concert. Plus is one of my favorite songs from the Viva era!

That would be my second choice, along with I Ran Away.

First choice is Twisted Logic but will go with the consensus around here, after a bit more discussion :)

• Like 3

That would be my second choice, along with I Ran Away.

First choice is Twisted Logic but will go with the consensus around here, after a bit more discussion :)

I Ran Away is also a great song. It'll be so difficult to choose just one among those gems waiting to be played!

• Like 2