✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing backdrop for [*setlist spoiler* a song we like] at Buenos Aires

I wasn't sure where was the best place for this, but I wanted to have a place to discuss how bloody great the live backdrop to Politik was at the first Buenos Aires show. If they release it as a music video or some kind of activism thing (have they already?) I think the impact would be amazing. The explosions in rhythm with the music, then the inspirational images at "give me love over this", and then the explosions in reverse at the end. It's superb! It reminds me of the alternate music video for Violet Hill (dancing politicians) and the live backdrop for Lovers in Japan. The backdrop for Politik is very reminiscent of the political themes from VLV. LOVE IT.

Here are two decent quality fan videos of the performance:

• Like 3

I agree, it's a very thought-provoking and powerful performance of an already powerful song. Well done! I'm sure they'll bring it back for more shows, now that we saw that they seem to be a bit more flexible with their setlist this time.

I think @Nie already mentioned in another thread that they might not have played it at all shows due to political circumstances. Or maybe they weren't happy yet with the performance and are trying to improve it further.

I think @Nie already mentioned in another thread that they might not have played it at all shows due to political circumstances.

Yes, I was thinking that could be an explanation. Can be wrong though.[emoji4]

That backdrop is so well fitting for the song.

I would love to see (and hear) it again.

This is cool, but is it possibile not to put ,from now on, any spoilers about the setlist in thread's titles (I use the app)? I'd Just love not to have any more clues of what they're going to play in the next gigs, as much as possible. THX coldplayers :D

Spoiler added to thread title. :)

They should re-release it (maybe re-record a 2016 version), and make the video like they did with All Your Friends.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

I agree! This video would stand alone way better than AOAL and the like. (Though I'm hopeful we'll get an amazing Up&Up music video).

It'd be a great replication of what they did with Sport Relief and Magic starting around 1:40

As much as I hate to say it, I think Politik does not really fit in the setlist in this tour. The set/stage and everything is so uplifiting, happy, colourful and then you have a beautiful song like Politik, with a clear message (which in essence is a bit depressing and very serious), in between the happy, party, disco songs. It just doesn't feel right to me.

I wasn't sure where was the best place for this, but I wanted to have a place to discuss how bloody great the live backdrop to Politik was at the first Buenos Aires show. If they release it as a music video or some kind of activism thing (have they already?) I think the impact would be amazing. The explosions in rhythm with the music, then the inspirational images at "give me love over this", and then the explosions in reverse at the end. It's superb! It reminds me of the alternate music video for Violet Hill (dancing politicians) and the live backdrop for Lovers in Japan. The backdrop for Politik is very reminiscent of the political themes from VLV. LOVE IT.

Here are two decent quality fan videos of the performance:

wow, just wow. That's performance with impact and a (give me) real message. So good. :clap:

So, you're making this video especially for this song, and then just kick the song out of the setlist.. :dizzy2::huh:

As much as I hate to say it, I think Politik does not really fit in the setlist in this tour. The set/stage and everything is so uplifiting, happy, colourful and then you have a beautiful song like Politik, with a clear message (which in essence is a bit depressing and very serious), in between the happy, party, disco songs. It just doesn't feel right to me.

The best concerts are those with variation..

• Like 1

We can say that about Magic, Ink, The Scientist, and Midnight.