✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

TV series worth watching (Netflix)

alisbe

Right now I'm enjoying watching TV series on Netflix and I was wondering why not create a thread where we share some titles we have seen, rate them and give a short review so we can help someone else to decide if it's worth watching it :)

So, let's share our favorite series and enjoy them together.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can recommend Agatha Christie's Poirot. Classic crime investigation at its finest, although unfortunately deviating from the books sometimes. Focus on the logic and puzzle solving rather than action and gore as so many newer crime series tend to. The earlier episodes (the ones from the Eighties/Nineties) are lively, more humorous and generally better than the very last last ones, which are oddly gloomy and lifeless.

All in all a very good series for mystery-lovers !

• Like 1

I'm watching Sherlock. Each episode last one hour and a half but it doesn't feel too long because it catch your attention the whole time. It's based on the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's books but in modern times, and I prefer this version instead of Elementary. The actors give the characters strong personalities and the storyline has a strong sequence. If it happens to you that you hadn't watch it like me (it took me a lot of time to give it a try) I recommend you to start watching it.

I can recommend Agatha Christie's Poirot. Classic crime investigation at its finest, although unfortunately deviating from the books sometimes. Focus on the logic and puzzle solving rather than action and gore as so many newer crime series tend to. The earlier episodes (the ones from the Eighties/Nineties) are lively, more humorous and generally better than the very last last ones, which are oddly gloomy and lifeless.

All in all a very good series for mystery-lovers !

Thanks for recommended it, but in Mexico it's not available :/ I also wanted to check Peaky Blinders, I've read it's good but Netflix Mexico hasn't released it here.

SUPERNATURAL

And don't be intimidated by the two unnecessarily attractive protagonists and cheapy ass special effects, they'll get better since they only had like, 20.000$ to produce the first 23 episodes lmao.

yOU CAN THANK ME LATER BYE~

• Like 3

Guest LiquidSky

I've been rewatching The Office (US) and it's still pretty hilarious.

I watched Lawless (movie) which was pretty good.

New Girl is decent (TV series)

Breaking Bad (TV series) is pretty good if you haven't seen it.

Ode to my Father (movie) is a really good movie with a message and is kinda sad too.

Master of None (TV series) is by the comedian Aziz Ansari. It's good but if you have seen his stand-up jokes before then the series can be kinda boring.

Kill Bill (movie) is good.

Lost (TV series) is pretty good.

Dexter (Tv series)

Orange is the new black (TV series) Everybody says it's good. I have not seen it.

Fringe (TV series) is really good too.

supernatural (tv series) like bats said.

i play a lot of netflix. usually while i work, playing in the background. but yesterday, watched a german (i think) movie called run boy run. it is based on an autobiography by a second world war survivor, who was just a boy. he escaped the ghetto and survived on his own for several years! it is a beautiful story of resilience, kindness, humanity as well as the horror. check it out if you get the chance.

edit: oh about tv series :) breaking bad, orange is the new black, the office (us), sherlock holmes, arrested development, house of cards, mad men (among others) are pretty good.

:surprised: If there's something I'm good at is watching tv shows, so I'll probably have a couple of recommendations (not that good at giving reviews though). However I'll start just just three and I'll post more later.

Orphan Black - Probably my favourite series at the moment. It's on its fourth season and I'm still in awe of Tatiana Maslany. I didn't know anything about the plot when I started it and I enjoyed it very much, I'd recommend it to everyone else to do the same.

I think the first three seasons are on netflix.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - My favourite comedy series at the moment. It's about a police precinct in NY. It was created by a guy that worked on The Office (US) and Parks & Recreation (both shows that I'd recommend too) so it's a similar type of show and has a similar kind of humor ; Andy Samberg is in it.

Lost - My favourite tv show of all time and a very well know show too (You know, a plan crashes on an island full of weird stuff and you also get flashbacks of the lives of the people who survived). Very clever show, full of mysteries and good cliffhangers (which may get lost (lol) if you binge-watch it but...).

I've met some people who just couldn't get into it. So, I'd recommend to watch some episodes (preferably the complete first season) and if you are not feeling it just drop it.

Downtown Abbey is available in Mexico but just 5 seasons. I've finished watching it and I love it. I bought the 6th season because I couldn't wait for Netflix to release it :)

Another TV series I love is bones. I hate gory movies but somehow this show caught my attention, specially the first 6 seasons have a great story to follow.

Orphan Black is kind of fun yes! i like Felix,:awesome: hes so sweet, and Tatiana Maslany is wonderful playing all these clones

if you like comedy, i have recently dicovered a funny one called The Brink, it had only one season but is very enjoyable, recommended!

ONCE UPON A TIME!

And an old favorite: Six Feet Under

A couple more shows I'd recommend:

Sense8 - While I was watching it it must admit I did think "what the hell am I watching?" but when I finished the season I realised I enjoyed it a lot. I loved the idea of 8 strangers being connected with each other. Can't wait for season 2.

Arrested Development - A classic. Every time I watch it I laugh at new and old things. The last season wasn't that good but still enjoyable and funny.

Don't Trust the B- in Apartment 23 - Very funny, it's a shame it got cancelled :(

Narcos - A bit too much blood for my liking (it is a show about a drug dealer so...) but it's a good show, I liked it a lot.

Lost - My favourite tv show of all time and a very well know show too (You know, a plan crashes on an island full of weird stuff and you also get flashbacks of the lives of the people who survived). Very clever show, full of mysteries and good cliffhangers (which may get lost (lol) if you binge-watch it but...).

I've met some people who just couldn't get into it. So, I'd recommend to watch some episodes (preferably the complete first season) and if you are not feeling it just drop it.

I loved that show :thumbsup:

Also I'm happy to announce that Prison Break will be coming back on TV in early 2017!! I don't know if it will be on Netflix. Here's an awesome trailer:

• 2 weeks later...

here are all the TV shows I watch on Netflix :

Supernatural

Friends

How I Met Your Mother

Haven

Orphan Black

X Files

The Big Bang Theory

That 70s Show

The Ranch

Bloodline

The Flash

The Arrow

Grimm

The Inbetweeners

Master Of None

Doctor Who

Skins

American Dad

Family Guy

Daredevil

Once Upon A Time

LOST

Sense8

Brooklyn Nine Nine

yeah I know, its a LOT of TV ....

just finished the latest season of Peeky Blinders, holy crap

People are up in arms about it (grace)! I haven't watched it myself but on the list. Only heard good things about the show.

• Like 1

Line of Duty Seasons one and two are on Netflix UK and they are so so good. I watched season three when it was recently on BBC Two and I am regretting it as some of the plot lines are spoilt in the first season due to this but even so I'm still enjoying it thoroughly. It's so believable and I love the twist on the usual police crime drama - police investigating police.

You must watch this if you love crime. Hopefully season three will be added soon if you haven't seen it. You're in for a treat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...