✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which song do you have stuck in your head right now?

flockofbirds222

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
La lalalala la la laaayyyy...... Cemeteries Of London

^ Proof that Coldplay had "lalala"'s in their songs before MX

So if anyone is going to look at Coldplay's last 3 albums and one reason they don't like it is because of "woo hoo"s and "lalala"s "ooaahaoaoah"s, just remember that pre-MX Coldplay did it too.

(I'm not saying COL is bad, it's a good song (but not among my favorite Coldplay songs), but I'm just using it as an example that pre MX Coldplay used lalalas and oohoohs in their songs as well. I personally don't see the big deal with it. It just fits in with some songs. I don't know why people wouldn't like it... I mean yes it makes it easier to sing along to and large crowds would like it, but who cares? If it legitimately doesn't sound good to you than that's your legitimate opinion, but if it does and you don't like it only based on the fact that more people would like it that's kind of restraining yourself...)

---

Rant over. As for songs in my head right now, surprisingly I don't have a certain one like I usually do. I'm in the transition stage. Some I have thought of recently:

-Ending of Baba O'Riley

-Cemeteries of London (due to comment above)

-GPASUYF

• Like 1

^ Proof that Coldplay had "lalala"'s in their songs before MX

So if anyone is going to look at Coldplay's last 3 albums and one reason they don't like it is because of "woo hoo"s and "lalala"s "ooaahaoaoah"s, just remember that pre-MX Coldplay did it too.

(I'm not saying COL is bad, it's a good song (but not among my favorite Coldplay songs), but I'm just using it as an example that pre MX Coldplay used lalalas and oohoohs in their songs as well. I personally don't see the big deal with it. It just fits in with some songs. I don't know why people wouldn't like it... I mean yes it makes it easier to sing along to and large crowds would like it, but who cares? If it legitimately doesn't sound good to you than that's your legitimate opinion, but if it does and you don't like it only based on the fact that more people would like it that's kind of restraining yourself...)

---

Rant over. As for songs in my head right now, surprisingly I don't have a certain one like I usually do. I'm in the transition stage. Some I have thought of recently:

-Ending of Baba O'Riley

-Cemeteries of London (due to comment above)

-GPASUYF

I couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

brothers & sisters. It is just so amazingly haunting like it starts off so optimistically about bringing people together then transformers into something darker. The lines "it's me they're looking for. It's me I will never survive." is just so powerful. The more I think about it the more I appreciate the song's complexity.

• Like 2

I have been listening to Yellow countless times these days. Especially love the first few lines from Yellow,:

"I came along,

I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn

Oh what a thing to have done

And it was all yellow "

Yellow as a color represents joy and shyness at the same time. when you love someone who is so beautiful that even stars will shine for him, your heart will be filled with happiness. and you'll do anything for him, you can tolerate all the sh*t stuff you must go through. while the other side of yellow is the shyness. it happens when you love someone deeply, but he is too far away from you, he probably won't know your existence but still, you love him all the way. you have secretly said his names a thousand times in your heart but you don't have the courage to say it out aloud. Yellow is also a song about unconditional love, in a more purely way. from Yellow to ASFoS, Chris has changed a lot but he didn't really changed that much. he still see things with curiosity and have the ability to embrace the whole world and to love everything around him. that's part of the reason why coldplay's songs can always touch people's soul, because their songs are about humanity and basic feelings everyone shared.

maybe I've written too much and have gone too far.... I always have a feeling that coldplay songs to some extent are similar to Camus' works. I know Chris read Oscar Wilde's books, but I'm more into Camus as he is the first person who discovers the absurd and told us to rebel it. to rebel the absurd, Camus chose the way to love. his love for life always reminds me of some coldplay songs. Camus is an honest and brave man, and Chris Martin, as a musician, his songs give me the same feeling. idk... I sometimes dreamed that maybe Chris should read some Camus' books..? ok so now I've just wrote a bunch of bullsh*t....

• Like 1