✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which song do you have stuck in your head right now?

flockofbirds222

Dear song, please fix the mainstream. Please get really popular and show the world what real music is. I know it's a pop song, but this is pop done right. Heartfelt, and genuine, and brings me to tears. This is a trillion light years better than "music" like Worth It, Hotline Bling, Work, etc...

If this does end up affecting the mainstream to make songs that have a real meaning to it other than sex, money, fame etc.. I'll be very happy. Getting a little tired of songs like that somehow getting so popular. This could just be my favorite semi-mainstream song of 2016. It's already a bit popular and I did hear it on pop radio so that's a good sign. Stuff like this needs to go to the top of the charts and open everyone's eyes to music straight from the heart and nothing else, no desire for money sensed here. I think the only reason this got even a bit popular is because this artist is a member of 1D (now don't kill me, I am not necessarily a big follower of them, and I won't hate a legitimate song because it's an artist from a band that may not necessarily be that great. Tons of people have commented saying that they don't like 1D but love the song so yeah.) If we want good music in the mainstream again we need to buy the music we think is good and support those artists, and the more everyone realizes this that likes real music the more of a chance we have to restore real music back to the mainstream. To be honest the only reason trash songs like Anaconda get popular is because people buy it and like it. They'll make whatever the mainstream crowd seems to be into. I think more people are opening their eyes and seeing just how fake, plastic, and superficial mainstream music has become. If we join together and do all we can to support real unique innovative artists we might just bring legtitimate music back to the mainstream!

I have been listening to Yellow countless times these days. Especially love the first few lines from Yellow,:

"I came along,

I wrote a song for you

And all the things you do

And it was called yellow

So then I took my turn

Oh what a thing to have done

And it was all yellow "

Yellow as a color represents joy and shyness at the same time. when you love someone who is so beautiful that even stars will shine for him, your heart will be filled with happiness. and you'll do anything for him, you can tolerate all the sh*t stuff you must go through. while the other side of yellow is the shyness. it happens when you love someone deeply, but he is too far away from you, he probably won't know your existence but still, you love him all the way. you have secretly said his names a thousand times in your heart but you don't have the courage to say it out aloud. Yellow is also a song about unconditional love, in a more purely way. from Yellow to ASFoS, Chris has changed a lot but he didn't really changed that much. he still see things with curiosity and have the ability to embrace the whole world and to love everything around him. that's part of the reason why coldplay's songs can always touch people's soul, because their songs are about humanity and basic feelings everyone shared.

maybe I've written too much and have gone too far.... I always have a feeling that coldplay songs to some extent are similar to Camus' works. I know Chris read Oscar Wilde's books, but I'm more into Camus as he is the first person who discovers the absurd and told us to rebel it. to rebel the absurd, Camus chose the way to love. his love for life always reminds me of some coldplay songs. Camus is an honest and brave man, and Chris Martin, as a musician, his songs give me the same feeling. idk... I sometimes dreamed that maybe Chris should read some Camus' books..? ok so now I've just wrote a bunch of bullsh*t....

Aw, dont talk about your post like this, This was a great post and I enjoyed reading. Don't be scared of thinking about what others may think of what you say. Coldplaying is a very open community accepting of all kinds of people, I'd say this is one of the best communities in the history of the Internet and there's only one other community I've came across that's as kind and sweet. Don't be afraid of posting your thoughts here; we're all open to listen to you :)

• Like 1

Where the streets have no name - U2

(Just heard they are coming to Belgium [emoji4])

I too heard that a few hours ago! (My brother told us) And even better, NGHFB is there as a supporting act (I like their music quite a lot, to be honest) But the thing is, we can't go because we'll be on vacation then :(

That's too bad, I am excited to see both of the bands at their shows !

I too heard that a few hours ago! (My brother told us) And even better, NGHFB is there as a supporting act (I like their music quite a lot, to be honest) But the thing is, we can't go because we'll be on vacation then :(

That's too bad, I am excited to see both of the bands at their shows !

We have the same supporting act.

The concert in Brussels on August 1 is the last concert of the Tour.

Ticket stress!!!!

• Like 1

Midnight is always in my head at the moment...

In the darkness before the dawn, in the swirling before the storm....leave a light, a light on...

Didn't know you are a U2 fan, Nie :) What are your favorite songs ?

I have to admit I once tried to listen to U2's entire discography last year, only to find out that I liked none of the songs :-/ (Exactly the opposite of back when I first listened to Coldplay's entire discography). The only 2 songs that I can remember are Magnificent, of which I liked the guitar riff, and Cedarwood Road...

Didn't know you are a U2 fan, Nie :) What are your favorite songs ?

I wouldn't say that I'm a fan, I just like some of their songs, mostly the famous ones.

Whenever a band like this comes to Belgium I'm trying to go and see them.

But it is Ticketmaster who is selling the tickets, hence stress. [emoji1]

Shape of You. Ed bringing the goods.

I had this song stuck in my head a couple of days ago even when it isn't my favorite new Ed's song. I prefer Castle on the hill

Dear song, please fix the mainstream. Please get really popular and show the world what real music is. I know it's a pop song, but this is pop done right. Heartfelt, and genuine, and brings me to tears. This is a trillion light years better than "music" like Worth It, Hotline Bling, Work, etc...

If this does end up affecting the mainstream to make songs that have a real meaning to it other than sex, money, fame etc.. I'll be very happy. Getting a little tired of songs like that somehow getting so popular. This could just be my favorite semi-mainstream song of 2016. It's already a bit popular and I did hear it on pop radio so that's a good sign. Stuff like this needs to go to the top of the charts and open everyone's eyes to music straight from the heart and nothing else, no desire for money sensed here. I think the only reason this got even a bit popular is because this artist is a member of 1D (now don't kill me, I am not necessarily a big follower of them, and I won't hate a legitimate song because it's an artist from a band that may not necessarily be that great. Tons of people have commented saying that they don't like 1D but love the song so yeah.) If we want good music in the mainstream again we need to buy the music we think is good and support those artists, and the more everyone realizes this that likes real music the more of a chance we have to restore real music back to the mainstream. To be honest the only reason trash songs like Anaconda get popular is because people buy it and like it. They'll make whatever the mainstream crowd seems to be into. I think more people are opening their eyes and seeing just how fake, plastic, and superficial mainstream music has become. If we join together and do all we can to support real unique innovative artists we might just bring legtitimate music back to the mainstream!

Aw, dont talk about your post like this, This was a great post and I enjoyed reading. Don't be scared of thinking about what others may think of what you say. Coldplaying is a very open community accepting of all kinds of people, I'd say this is one of the best communities in the history of the Internet and there's only one other community I've came across that's as kind and sweet. Don't be afraid of posting your thoughts here; we're all open to listen to you :)

I've heard that song in it's beautiful. I've heard all the songs the other 1D members have released and are really bad. I think he's the one who is really interested in doing good music.

We have the same supporting act.

The concert in Brussels on August 1 is the last concert of the Tour.

Ticket stress!!!!

Good luck and congrats on reaching 5,000 posts! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...