✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

They should have either stuck a toned down crowd on, or just done a Coldplay cover in the studio. Hell, they must have the individual tracks from the original recording, so even if they softened the synths down a bit.

I don't know many people who like odd live tracks scattered into a shuffle playlist. Always scares the c*** out of me when the crowd kick in.

:joy: Yup - me too !!

• Like 1

Ordered my CD + vinyl on the Coldplay store on 16/6.

Yesterday afternoon I got the email that it was shipped.

I could have had it sooner if I went to a store.

Although I don't know if they will be on sale in Belgium on 4/8 yet.

Well... patience ...

It's hard to make out, but the leaflet with Chris's handwritten lyrics in the CD has the original lyrics for Miracles (Someone Special) before they changed it up and added Big Sean. Would be interesting to see if they ever show us that version. IMG_1882.thumb.jpg.c0563e28f9cc5fabf46d2133e8ff0a03.jpg

• Like 3

This is probably one of the most troubled releases for this band... it seems that they've changed it up so much and messed up so many things with this EP... I could make a long list of things but I'm at work currently...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is probably one of the most troubled releases for this band... it seems that they've changed it up so much and messed up so many things with this EP... I could make a long list of things but I'm at work currently...

Exactly my thoughts as well. Different printed lyrics for MSS, different mixes for A L I E N S and Hypnotised, some of which strangely are only in the electronic version, various release dates that could not be kept, different physical and electronic release dates, typo in the booklet...what a messed-up release ! :neutral:

• Like 2

Oh, how weird ! And which version of A L I E N S is on it ?

I'm unaware that there are different versions/mixes of A L I E N S. I tried listening to both digital and cd version and they seemed similar. Could you try to describe the differences so I could assess them again?

I'm unaware that there are different versions/mixes of A L I E N S. I tried listening to both digital and cd version and they seemed similar. Could you try to describe the differences so I could assess them again?

There are differences between the Youtube lyric video version and the version on Spotify/iTunes. One of them says "history has some to know", the other "history someone to know"; also, towards the ending the two versions differ in the spacing between the Brian Eno backing vocals and the "Just an alien, oh we just wanna get home again" line from Chris :)

• Like 2

Exactly my thoughts as well. Different printed lyrics for MSS, different mixes for A L I E N S and Hypnotised, some of which strangely are only in the electronic version, various release dates that could not be kept, different physical and electronic release dates, typo in the booklet...what a messed-up release ! :neutral:

Haha. And mysterious as well. I don't know if they intended to put the original Hypnotised in the disc and leave the EP mix as digital exclusive or they just weren't able to check that one. Or maybe the physical versions already existed before they decided to tweak the song. Not sure. And they could ask somebody to at least proof read the credits. Even though it's only a letter, they should consider the fact that it will appear globally (or we're just the bunch of people who'll take time to read it). Paranoid Android, I am.

• Like 1

Its so obvious they rushed this and made rather immature decisions. They most likely added the extra 30 seconds of Hypnotised after they sent the EP in for the pressings and physicals.

I dont blame them though, being on a worldwide tour and all, but this release was messy.

• Like 1

Unbelievable.

Yesterday when I saw the typo my first thought was if this wrong domain actually existed. I checked and it didn't. I already thought that someone is bound to register the domain and try and make some profit off the clicks, because a lot of people seem to do that with typos.

Today I checked again and someone did register it, and it is cluttered with ads :rolleyes:

Yay for my hypothetical sense of business :joy:

• Like 3

they wanted everything about it to be a kaleidoscope :joy:

• Like 1

Happy Kaleidoscope Release Day everyone !

You know what just occurred to me ? The physical release of Kaleidoscope is out on 4th of August 2017, which is exactly 20 months after 4th of December 2015, the release date of A Head Full of Dreams...

• Like 4

Hi! I'm new here, ciao a tutti! and happy Kaleidescape Ep Release Day to you too!

I would like to ask you a question: I've ordered the vinyl on Amazon.it. Will also those copies come on light blue vinyl? Or will they come on blue (or standard black) vinyl?

Thank you!