🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
guy42

Kaleidoscope EP

Phil Spencer is a great guy

Funny how I just realized that... I was talking to someone named Spencer when I was typing that LOL meant Phil Harvey [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok I just checked the rating for the EP on Metacritic and its a 60!!! That's the same exact rating for AHFOD!

http://www.metacritic.com/music/kaleidoscope-ep/coldplay

There is an obvious biased hate against the band from the more obscure music reviewers that still somehow get approved by Metacritic.

https://www.tinymixtapes.com/music-review/coldplay-kaleidoscope-ep

Im talking about tasteless, ignorant and closed-minded reviews like these. No where did this reviewer mention the 3 tracks that have been highlighted by many others as their best in years. At least NME stayed open minded and gave the band a chance.

Im starting to get frustrated with not only the biased hate going against the band, but also music journalism in general. I know I shouldnt be worried about what the critics think, but its starting to get a little odd and questionable. I keep on wondering when Coldplay will be liked by both critics and fans again. It may never happen, but hopefully a 2 year break and change in sound will convince people that they arent in it to stay relevant

I personally think 60 is way too high of an average score. I'd give it less than 40 myself. It doesn't matter how much you love or dislike the EP, the score on meta will always reflect how the release stands against all other work of music and specifically Coldplay's other efforts. If AROBTTH gets a near 90 score then surely Kaleidoscope and AHFOD should be much much lower.

Some critics are idiots, some not. Most of the notable and respected ones have long gone past the hate-Coldplay phase and give fair and detailed reviews of what they actually think is good or meretricious. Those who bash without detailed analysis aren't even worthy of paying any attention to.

So, I haven't been really active in the forum for quite some time but here's my quick take on the EP: I absolutely LOVED it. It's both a return to form that should please Oldplayers and a fine tuning of the poprock modern Coldplay that is bound to make new fans happy.

AICTAIY is a great, X&Y-era sounding song, the piano crescendo and sonic explosion that starts around the 2:40 mark is terrific, Jonny and Guy shine in this song and Chris' voice sounds really good, it's great.

Miracles (Someone Special) is, along with Birds, my favourite song of the past 2 eras. A magnificent and really uplifting fusion of the original Miracles, Strawberry Swing and the synths from A Spell, A Rebel Yell, had the lyrics been more on the romantic side and not so much on the 'you can do anything you set your mind to, believe in yourself' it might've been one of my favourite Coldplay tracks ever.

A L I E N S I didn't like so much at first but it has really grown on me, the chorus is great and the lyrics are really good, giving undocumented inmigrants a voice.

SJLT Tokyo Remix is a waste of space in this EP, the normal version was OK and if they wanted to re-do the song to make it more Coldplay-sounding then they should've re-recorded a new studio version of it, not put out this cluttered sounding. awful live version.

Hypnotised is one of the best ballads they've ever put out, IMO and a great ending to the EP.

That's my two cents, also, I really don't think that they're separating as a band, my guess is that they'll take a 2-3 year break, a little longer than usual, and then they'll come back with an amazing album having moved past the midlife band crisis that they're experiencing now.

• Like 1

I'm officially in love with this EP.

I didn't like it at first (Its hard to like a thing from the first listen anyway lol) but now its probably my favorite Coldplay EP.

ALIENS is a masterpiece, wasn't surprised to know that this song is from Viva era tbh.

That's weird

still June 2 ...

1501250011520.thumb.jpg.4616ce855ddbc20fc788d7d652acbcdf.jpg

---------------------------------------

फृआगइआष

• Like 2

That's weird

still June 2 ...

[ATTACH=full]7220[/ATTACH]

---------------------------------------

फृआगइआष

The one place they forgot to change

I will have to wait till 10-12 of August to get my CD order from amazon, but I want it now so bad! :sob:

For Holland (and most likely Europe) the release dat has been changed to August 3th

[ATTACH=full]7232[/ATTACH]

http://www.kroese-online.nl/artikel/3676671/Coldplay/Kaleidoscope_Ep_On_Blue_Vinyl_-coloured-

Anyone else notice how that's a different colored blue vinyl from the one on Coldplay's YouTube page?

• Like 1

Anyone else notice how that's a different colored blue vinyl from the one on Coldplay's YouTube page?

yep, totally different and much nicer anyways.

I think for the picture they added a blue one to indicate it

• Like 1

Got a knock on my door this morning and found this! Good way to start my day.

IMG_2875.thumb.JPG.66568aa67f394f931a21fcf0c0c560b7.JPG

• Like 5

I forgot to message on here but I got my stuff yesterday! I'm rocking the Kaleidoscope shirt today on campus [emoji57]

• Like 3

Would anyone who already received and opened their CD be so kind enough to make a photo of the credits page ? I saw it on the Coldplay preview on Twitter but couldn't read it, and it's still two days until it gets released here. Thanks !

So here's a picture of my stuff!!!!! :) 6b8e0b22526406d7a2c46b490df87ea0.jpg

Would anyone who already received and opened their CD be so kind enough to make a photo of the credits page ? I saw it on the Coldplay preview on Twitter but couldn't read it, and it's still two days until it gets released here. Thanks !

Sure thing! Here you go!

c18b64d28c5f153e5ddf4aa7848ffcea.jpg

• Like 9

My apologies about the double post but I felt like I had to post this here... for anyone who gets the vinyl, Hypnotised is not the EP mix. It's the original mix and this kind of upsets me because I really enjoyed the added vibraphone at the beginning of the song. Even though it didn't necessarily fit right after SJLT or even before Hypnotised, I still liked it. I'm a bit disappointed. I don't know if the CD is like this as I have not played the CD yet

Thanks ! Lol, they put a typo in the inno(n)cenceproject.org address...

I forgot to message on here but I got my stuff yesterday! I'm rocking the Kaleidoscope shirt today on campus [emoji57]

Did it feel weird...?? Lol...!

Did it feel weird...?? Lol...!

No, but it's offset! I've contacted the official store eedc3a20a99096dcad8228e6e24b0517.jpg

• Like 1

No, but it's offset! I've contacted the official store eedc3a20a99096dcad8228e6e24b0517.jpg

Oh nooo!!!

I can't wait to be back in Cali, so I can enjoy my Kep too...! But I sure will check out record stores here in Oregon tomorrow...!

And good job modeling the shirt, pal! [emoji41][emoji1303]

CD contains the original version of Hypnotised and not the EP mix we got on the digital version.

• Like 2