✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

For some reason I think of how ALIENS came to be. Was probably an extra song in the VLV era, could've been meant to have been on Prospekt's March with piano and typical Viva flair. Then it got shifted into the MX Era, got revamped to the more electronic sound, but got lost in the shuffle of the GS Era. Re-emerged in the HFOD era and now we're here.

Prospekt's March came out on Nov 2008, and, as we saw on the documentary, Eno was at the studio with the band in mid 2009. It's just an MX leftover (possibly the song formerly known as "Alien Radio").

As someone pointed out in the A L I E N S thread, back in 2009 Roadie 42 wrote a log mentioning a strange/unusual drum beat Will brought to the studio. It was possibly A L I E N S.

• Like 2

Alright guys. Just like the A Head Full of Dreams files, I purchased the Kaleidoscope EP in 96khz high quality. If anyone wants it, hit me up! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where'd you buy that, and is there a huge noticeable difference?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where'd you buy that, and is there a huge noticeable difference?

HDTracks.com (all of the coldplay albums are available, but only some are top quality)

And yes. There's a good amount of extra detail in each of the tracks (ex. The plucking of strings on the guitars are more visible. Cymbals are clearer too). Bests website for audiophiles. Keep in mind, it can get quite expensive. It was $10.98 just for a 5 song EP....

It also comes with the album artwork in Incredible detail

I don't know if anyone ever notices or cares about it, but I love it how Coldplay have become so... I don't know how to describe it. But they don't like to say that it's just them who made the track. By that, I mean I'm talking about all of the tracks that another artist is on. Nowadays, they don't say "Coldplay feat." They say "Coldplay &" because they know that it's not just a "one-man project" if that makes sense. ^^

• Like 1

HDTracks.com (all of the coldplay albums are available, but only some are top quality)

And yes. There's a good amount of extra detail in each of the tracks (ex. The plucking of strings on the guitars are more visible. Cymbals are clearer too). Bests website for audiophiles. Keep in mind, it can get quite expensive. It was $10.98 just for a 5 song EP....

It also comes with the album artwork in Incredible detail

Sweet, I'll have to check that out. Do you happen to know which album sound the best?

Sweet, I'll have to check that out. Do you happen to know which album sound the best?

Parachutes, A Rush, X&Y, and AHFOD are the albums with the highest quality. I personally like AHFOD bc the production sounds a lot clearer, so I suggest getting that one (I do have it myself though, so if you dont want to pay the ridiculously overpriced price, I can PM you).

Parachutes, A Rush, X&Y, and AHFOD are the albums with the highest quality. I personally like AHFOD bc the production sounds a lot clearer, so I suggest getting that one (I do have it myself though, so if you dont want to pay the ridiculously overpriced price, I can PM you).

I would love to have whichever you're willing to give :)

I'm sorry that this became a request thread but can I have it to? :D

Genuinely curious so someone please answer this Q if possible:

Why did the studio version of Something Just Like This get bumped for a live version? Doing so obviously contributed to the EP being delayed, but did they just not have the rights to use the studio version, and how does that work as the band themselves have 80% of the writing credits for the song? Weird as hell.

Genuinely curious so someone please answer this Q if possible:

Why did the studio version of Something Just Like This get bumped for a live version? Doing so obviously contributed to the EP being delayed, but did they just not have the rights to use the studio version, and how does that work as the band themselves have 80% of the writing credits for the song? Weird as hell.

That's a good question. I don't know why they have the live version when they're going to have it on the live album in a few months. That doesn't really make sense to me. I'd rather not have it on the EP, but if it's going to be, an extended studio version would have been good.

In this video around the 1:05 mark Chris asks Jonny if it's the live version. Also as you can see, they have the live drums as a backtrack. So it would have been really nice to have a studio "live" version instead of the live version we got.

• Like 1