✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

This release just keeps getting better and better... I don't know how many typos they can make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever since "Gluten Tag" the autocorrect on the Coldplay social media accounts seems to be leading its own life. :D

• Like 3

Hi! I'm new here, ciao a tutti! and happy Kaleidescape Ep Release Day to you too!

I would like to ask you a question: I've ordered the vinyl on Amazon.it. Will also those copies come on light blue vinyl? Or will they come on blue (or standard black) vinyl?

Thank you!

Amazon.it sells EU/German pressings, it should also be light blue one.

Drove 1500 km yesterday to get my copy of the CD-version and arrived 3 minutes after store closing time hahaha.

Now off to the post-office to pick up my package with the vinyl copy, and to the store to buy the cd-version :heart_eyes:

• Like 1

Amazon.it sells EU/German pressings, it should also be light blue one.

Drove 1500 km yesterday to get my copy of the CD-version and arrived 3 minutes after store closing time hahaha.

Now off to the post-office to pick up my package with the vinyl copy, and to the store to buy the cd-version :heart_eyes:

Thank you! :-)

So I went to a local record store to get the EP on vinyl and it actually came with the stickers suprisingly

EDIT: Okay so I listened to it on vinyl and it honestly sounds eh, with the worst sounding song being SJLT (obviously). The entire thing sounds very muffled. My AHFOD vinyl sounds the same way. I think they should quit whatever company they use for pressings because my other coldplay vinyl sound amazing but not this one. Kind of disappointed :/

• Like 2

‘Kaleidoscope EP’ Sponsorship Project

IMG_4355.png

What is this project?

In order to help with sales and charting, we are setting up a project for people to buy copies of the EP for others who may not be able to purchase it.

How does this work?

You can either sign up to be a sponsor or a sponsee. A sponsor will buy a copy of the EP on iTunes and then gift it to someone else. A sponsee will request a gifted copy from a sponsor, and will be matched if there are enough available copies in your country.

BE A SPONSOR: link

BE A SPONSEE: link

Please note:

1) You MUST check your email regularly.

2) This is a first come, first serve system.

3) Forms will close on Saturday, July 15th, 2017 at 11:59PM PST.

For any questions or concerns, reach out to our team at http://newscoldplay.tumblr.com, @Coldplaying on Twitter or send an email to [email protected]

https://coldplaying.com/kaleidoscope-ep-sponsorship-project/

[MEDIA=twitter]881517305338920960[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/881517305338920960

I didn't see this sooner, so I'm a bit late to participate.

But, I have a redeem code for the Kaleidoscope EP which I'm willing to sponsor. Are there still people in the sponsee list who didn't get one?

And I have found a redeem code for the AHFOD album that is still valid until 23 september.

I didn't see this sooner, so I'm a bit late to participate.

But, I have a redeem code for the Kaleidoscope EP which I'm willing to sponsor. Are there still people in the sponsee list who didn't get one?

And I have found a redeem code for the AHFOD album that is still valid until 23 september.

NIe, if you don't mind, I would like to use the codes you have. Just let me know. Many thanks.

Anyone made a tracklist combining AHFOD and KEP? I thought there'd be loads of interest in that haha

They're tough to combine I think, mostly because the songs are all over the board, but I think this would be a superior record to the original.

EDIT: I really can't justify putting ALIENS or AICTAIY on the album...I made a playlist and listened to my new mix and those two songs were so jarringly out of place with their darker tones that it just didn't feel right.

1. AHFOD (with Charlie Chaplin's "The Dictator")

2. Birds

3. HFTW

4. Everglow (Acoustic)

5. AOAL

6. Kaleidoscope

7. Amazing Day

8. Miracles (Someone Special) --synth fades into...

9. Hypnotised EP Mix

10. Colour Spectrum

11. Up&Up

Bonus Addition with extra songs:

1. AICTAIY

2. Army of One

3. X Marks The Spot

4. Fun

5. ALIENS

and SJLT????? It would just be on the Chainsmoker's Album and nowhere else forever locked away no no no goodbye but you're kinda catchy..

• Like 1

Anyone made a tracklist combining AHFOD and KEP? I thought there'd be loads of interest in that haha

Here's the one Im making for my Kaleidoscope Dreams project

1. All I Can Think About is You (LRLArchi Edit)

2. Wonderful Adventure (I)

3. Birds (Tatremy Edit)

4. Hymn for the Weekend (Stripped)

5. Everglow (Tatremy Remix)

6. Adventure of a Lifetime (Stripped/Jazz Version)

7.Hypnotic Dream (II)

8. Army of One (Tour Remake)

9. X Marks the Spot (Tatremy Remix)

10. A L I E N S (LRLArch Edit)

11. Miracles (Someone Special) [feat. Big Sean] {LRLArchi Edit]

12. Colour Spectrum (III)

13. Up&Up (LRLArchi Edit)

14. Believe in Love (IV)

15. Hypnotised (LRLArchi Edit)

• Like 1

Does anyone know where one can get an official-ish digital copy of Hypnotised (EP Mix)? I bought the vinyl and indeed

There are some changes I would make to AHFOD's tracklisting in general that are reflected in this proposal:

1. AHFOD, Charlie Chaplin intro

2. AICTAIY

3. A L I E N S

4. Birds

5. AOAL

6. HFTW

7. Fun

8. Everglow

9. Army of One/XMTS

10. SJLT

11. Someone Special

12. Miracles

13. Hypnotised

14. Kaleidoscope

15. Amazing Day

16. Colour Spectrum

17. Up&Up

^As such, songs 12 through 17 would be a ridiculous high, especially since Miracles, Hypnotised, and Amazing Day are all very happy songs in F major. :D

• Like 1

Does anyone know where one can get an official-ish digital copy of Hypnotised (EP Mix)?

Does it have to be bought or do you just want a file of Hypnotised (EP Mix) ? I have a high-quality .wav file from another forum member who bought a lossless digital version of the EP, could share it if you want.

I'm not ready to post a full review but holy wow I LOVE All I Can Think About is You and Hypnotised. I really like A L I E N S too but I'm surprised it's overshadowing those 2 tracks in terms of hype. Either way, I love these 3 tracks and hope that they get enough love from the band relative to SJLT.

Does it have to be bought or do you just want a file of Hypnotised (EP Mix) ? I have a high-quality .wav file from another forum member who bought a lossless digital version of the EP, could share it if you want.

Thanks! If you could indeed share that with me that would be wonderful. Since I've already purchased the EP on vinyl, I'm not fussed about whether it's bought/official, just that it's the real thing and not remixed...just so I can listen and compare the versions. :) Sad that there is this discrepancy - I've heard the EP mix on Spotify and quite like it!

I'm not ready to post a full review but holy wow I LOVE All I Can Think About is You and Hypnotised. I really like A L I E N S too but I'm surprised it's overshadowing those 2 tracks in terms of hype. Either way, I love these 3 tracks and hope that they get enough love from the band relative to SJLT.

Thanks! If you could indeed share that with me that would be wonderful. Since I've already purchased the EP on vinyl, I'm not fussed about whether it's bought/official, just that it's the real thing and not remixed...just so I can listen and compare the versions. :) Sad that there is this discrepancy - I've heard the EP mix on Spotify and quite like it!

PM sent

Just wondering about one thing though, doesn't every vinyl come with a download code card ? I thought they did !

Just another odd thing:

In my car, while playing the CD, "Kaleidoscope EP", "Coldplay", and the name of whatever song is playing shows up on the screen.

But when I put the CD in my computer, it's just "Unknown Album", "Unknown Artist", "Track 1", "Track 2", etc

And also, the image of the album cover does not show up like it does for any other Coldplay album.

• Like 2

^Weird. Are you using iTunes? Sometimes you have to follow instructions such as these: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19609?locale=en_US

I have so many thoughts about the whole EP...but I'll go song by song because I am gushing with love for it. All I Can Think About is You is amazing and it's all I can sing about in my head right now. The first time I heard the song, I was riding the train from Kyoto to Hiroshima while on holiday, and I had no idea that the 2nd half of the song was coming. Suddenly, beautiful piano and strings washing around, and then a mega guitar part by Jonny. The first half is great too - the drums have a nice drive to them and remind me a lot of the beat from Teardrop by Massive Attack, and the bassline reminds me of Come Together by the Beatles. I don't find any of that boring at all - the piano, guitar, and vocals vary a lot over the hypnotic bass and drums. The guitar line when Chris is singing "all I can think about is you" in the first half reminds me a lot of Everything's Not Lost, at the ends of verses. At first, I thought Chris's singing was sort of boring and flat in the way that things sing GS have been, but now I more fully understand the song as being underwater and reaching the surface - especially after watching the music video, which I LOVE. My only complaints would be that the guitar could still be a little louder at the end, the drums could be louder at the end, and the Birds-like ending seems kind of unnecessary when they've already done that with birds. Something more like the ending of Paradise might've been more fitting. Various highlights:

-The chords in the 2nd half are very clever and are very unique in their progression because there's a lot of chromatic stuff going on (not sure the exact word), but what I mean is that the bassline sort of descends in semitones between jumps and it's cool. It's sort of like For You, Paradise, GPASUYF, and Atlas all got strung together.

-Guy's bassline. I loved the way his bass drove Magic, so this is even more exciting!

-Jonny's guitar. WOW. It's not quite a giant solo like Up&Up or HLH, but he has a really great melody that has bends and fast notes but is also actually fairly minimalist all at the same time. And the tonality is very interesting, as in, he plays some notes that you wouldn't think would be in key but actually are. Another cool thing is the brief chords he plays within his solos. Kind of reminds me of what he does in Paradise. Probably the coolest moment though, is in the 2nd repeat of the loud part (after "everything is falling all around you"), when Jonny's guitar and Chris's vocals are in exact time with each other on "all I can think about is you". The level of togetherness and harmony there is REALLY powerful to me.

-Will's drum fills in the second half...they're very powerful and driving. They remind me of the MX live version of GPASUYF.

-That little piano run at the beginning of the song, it's kind of like that figure Chris does in the 2nd verse of Everglow. It really adds character and makes it seem less like Chris is just playing chords or something (eg the Scientist).

Also, I really like the lyrics. I know a lot of people are complaining about them being similar to other songs or silly, and it is true that we've had a lot of bird lyrics. But I think it works really well here. The song is thematically similar to how the Scientist came about - the world being messed up and broken, yet all you can think about is someone you're in love with (roughly paraphrasing a thing Chris said a long time ago). Many of the lyrics very cleverly allude to the broken state of the world - fish stuck on the ground, and most interestingly, "chaos giving orders." I think that line is way more clever than people are giving the band credit for...because chaos is the opposite of order, and we often have to do what other people tell us to do...but what we do creates disorder. And orders are given by people in the military, and conflict creates disorder. I'll admit the shoe line is kind of confusing and I kept hearing it as "parachutes" but I think it'll make sense in a year or two like "I'd rather be a comma than a full stop" (which I realized is brilliant about 18 months after MX came out).

Anyways this song is most certainly in a tie with Hypnotised for my favourite song of the album, and of my favourite songs by the band. :)

• Like 3