✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Release Companion App for Hypnotised

stephen

• Administrators

Opal Limited, a company created by Brian Eno and Peter Chilvers, has just released a companion app for Coldplay’s new track “Hypnotised”. The app was released on the Google Play Store and Apple App Store on June 9th but fans only realised the quiet release today.

Upon opening the app, the user is greeted with a text written in typical Coldplay fashion – not an uppercase letter to be seen!

unnamed-e1497282855498.png

This suggests that the band may play Hypnotised live at each of their concerts to coincide with the app’s release. We are not sure what exactly the aim of this app is but early theories suggest that the app reacts to the song being played live. Thousands of phones displaying a pattern of images in a sold-out stadium may have the potential to create a wonderful sight.

The app is based on Bloom by Brian Eno which “allows anyone to create elaborate patterns and unique melodies by simply tapping the screen. A generative music player takes over when Bloom is left idle, creating an infinite selection of compositions and their accompanying visualisations” The Hypnotised app could simply be a rebranded version of this app or it could have some extra features that we do not know about.

For now we will just have to wait for a statement from Coldplay or Opal Limited themselves!

Let me know below what you think about the app

• Like 4

This is either going to be mindblowingly amazing during the song live, or mindblowingly annoying, haha. All I know for now is this is addictive and will be a great insomnia coping mechanism. And, I'm really excited that this pretty much confirms they'll play it live and probably consistently, because I really, really want to hear it.

Is this because the speakers in the xylobands never worked?

The speakers works as a receiver inside the Xylobands!

Also, in Android, the app doesn't require any permission to use the microphone, that means the app does not listen to the environment around the phone... So I guess you'll have to tap randomly when the song is played live since the app doesn't use any microphone on the device.!

• Like 1

Just gonna put my thoughts from yesterday here in the appropriate thread, along with some new thoughts :)

It was a pleasant surprise indeed ! At first I thought it offers little innovation - I mean, touch-sensitive circles/ripples and sounds have already been an option in the Android lockscreen for many years. But I wonder what else is possible with it. Theoretically one might be able to play music pieces with it (minus the random background sounds), and it's visually cool of course. Maybe more functions will be added over time. And hey, here's a strong indication that Hypnotised will be added to the setlist soon :)

Now I'm App

Appnotised

Yeah I tap

And I'm mesmerized

• Like 6

So the boys haven't played the song yet right? I'm assuming they'll start playing it from July onwards?

Also, do the app need data to work? I'll be at the Paris show next month but am travelling to Paris from Singapore and I"m not gonna turn on my data for my trip. Would suck if it needs data to work. :\

So the boys haven't played the song yet right? I'm assuming they'll start playing it from July onwards?

Also, do the app need data to work? I'll be at the Paris show next month but am travelling to Paris from Singapore and I"m not gonna turn on my data for my trip. Would suck if it needs data to work. :\

No it doesn't need an internet connection to use it (once it is installed)

Damn, so I spent 10 MB of valuable data volume on downloading the app minutes before the concert... And then they didn't play the song. :laughing:

But is was announced on the screens? Strange.