✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15 Years of A Rush Of Blood To The Head - #AROBTTH15

I ran away

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case yall havent seen, coldplaying's youtube channel has uploaded a few interview from the band about this album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78KgKjYOY3s

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78KgKjYOY3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpMtLkKOyxE

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpMtLkKOyxE

I'll say, it sure is strange hearing Guy and Jonny speak for that long without Chris around! Need more of that sometimes!

• Like 6

Happy 15th Birthday to Coldplay's masterpiece A Rush Of Blood To The Head !

An album with incredible flow, emotion, atmosphere, layering, vocals. It's the Coldplay album I most frequently listen to from beginning to end. My favorite tracks are A Rush Of Blood To The Head and Politik.

• Like 6

There is something I wanted to say about AROBTTH:

You know how sometimes some albums fit better to a particular mood or mindset ? For many Coldplay albums, I feel there are moments when I can connect better with them when I'm in a particular mood.

I found that AROBTTH is an album I can come back to almost regardless of my current mood. I feel it's very universal in it's sound somehow, neither too depressing nor too uplifting, neither too aggressive nor too mellow. It strikes a perfect balance in my opinion and can be listened to in almost any life situation.

I wonder if anyone else feels like this about it ?

• Like 6

Dear, dear ARoBttH, if not for Viva, you would be my favorite album of all time! Clocks especially will always hold a special place in my heart as the song that introduced me to Coldplay. I remember making my mom rewind it whenever it played so I could listen to it 3-4 more times :)

It's a true timeless album. I imagine I'll still be listening to it 50 years from now!

• Like 2

I really can't described until today what this album mean to me

I just can only say that this is my first album that I bought before 15 years ago when I was 13 years old after I saw on MTV the clip of 'in my place', I asked from my mom 20$ and went to the near cd store in my hometown

I felt in love in Coldplay in this album, there was something in them so magical that I can't explain in words (until today)

• Like 3

Give me time and give me space; give me real don't give me fake.

How long must you wait for it?

Where do I go to fall from grace?

Nobody said it was easy.

And nothing else compares.

I am nothing in the dark.

Green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find.

So I crawl back into your open arms.

So I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war, if you can tell me something worth fighting for.

You came along and cut me loose.

Happy 15th.

• Like 3

I'm really never able to express what this album means to me. I wish I could. It came at a time I really needed something to hold on to, it was just what I needed and it has never stopped being that. It was the first album I fell in love with as a unit and sealed my love for the band. It really made music something I needed to thrive rather than just something fun in the background. Everything has changed since then ... me, the band, everything. I don't even recognize the person I was back then in most ways. But the feeling I get listening to AROBTTH never changes, it's just the same power and emotion and incredible catharsis. I'm so thankful I had it then and thankful I have it now.

• Like 1

AROBTTH is my second favorite album of all time, and of Coldplay. Just about every song from this era is fantastic, my personal favs being Politik, The Scientist, Warning Sign, AROBTTH, Amsterdam, and I Ran Away. Those songs are the very very top of the line for me, all 5 stars, and to have this many great songs from one era is very rare for me. I mean, I like a lot of songs, but you know, there's all the ones you like, but then there's the ones that are totally special, and this era has quite a few of those songs. It takes incredible talent to be able to be this consistent in one era. So many of the songs they got just right, a great melody, lots of emotion, etc... These types of songs are the ones I like the most. Not many bands have what it takes to make an album quite like this.

I think, this album is perfect for listening to on a cloudy or even rainy autumn day sometime in the late afternoon. I tend to find the color of the album cover affects when the best time to listen to an album is for some reason, so this makes the songs more or less feel like cloudy day songs to me.

So many of the songs are fitting for if I'm in a sad mood, and yes there's a few happy songs from this era too but the emotion and melodies in this one are what I think shines. During the 2000's there was a lot of songs like that, these really emotional melodic alt rock songs with just enough of a pop flavor. Those tend to be the kinds of songs I listen to the most, and in general the more emotional a song the less I'll listen to it but the more I'll like it because it gets more special to me over time, and I want to keep it that way. It's too sad that music like this isn't made nowadays, or at least not in the mainstream and not as good as it once was. IMO the '90s and 2000s are my favorite eras of music for this reason, because of music like on this album that's melodic and emotional, and really makes me feel something. For me, this'll be one of the best albums ever made in the history of music as far as I can see. It's timeless, and I'll like it 50 years from now as much as I do now.

Good one Coldplay.

• Like 2

AROBTTH is my second favorite album of all time, and of Coldplay. Just about every song from this era is fantastic, my personal favs being Politik, The Scientist, Warning Sign, AROBTTH, Amsterdam, and I Ran Away. Those songs are the very very top of the line for me, all 5 stars, and to have this many great songs from one era is very rare for me. I mean, I like a lot of songs, but you know, there's all the ones you like, but then there's the ones that are totally special, and this era has quite a few of those songs. It takes incredible talent to be able to be this consistent in one era. So many of the songs they got just right, a great melody, lots of emotion, etc... These types of songs are the ones I like the most. Not many bands have what it takes to make an album quite like this.

I think, this album is perfect for listening to on a cloudy or even rainy autumn day sometime in the late afternoon. I tend to find the color of the album cover affects when the best time to listen to an album is for some reason, so this makes the songs more or less feel like cloudy day songs to me.

So many of the songs are fitting for if I'm in a sad mood, and yes there's a few happy songs from this era too but the emotion and melodies in this one are what I think shines. During the 2000's there was a lot of songs like that, these really emotional melodic alt rock songs with just enough of a pop flavor. Those tend to be the kinds of songs I listen to the most, and in general the more emotional a song the less I'll listen to it but the more I'll like it because it gets more special to me over time, and I want to keep it that way. It's too sad that music like this isn't made nowadays, or at least not in the mainstream and not as good as it once was. IMO the '90s and 2000s are my favorite eras of music for this reason, because of music like on this album that's melodic and emotional, and really makes me feel something. For me, this'll be one of the best albums ever made in the history of music as far as I can see. It's timeless, and I'll like it 50 years from now as much as I do now.

Good one Coldplay.

I really feel a lot of what you say here. The bit about how many truly special songs there are from this era, for one. I have a distinctive favorite in The Scientist, but In My Place is an all-timer for me, so are AROBTTH, Politik, Clocks and Gravity (which is maybe weird to include but it is from this era). But you can take those away and Warning Sign, Amsterdam, Green Eyes or Crest of Waves or I Ran Away are all songs that stand up as favorites. And that's just tossing out names and probably missing some. If you spread all those songs out over the course of a band's existence I'd think, wow, what a great band ... that they all came out of the same era is incredible. I think the era just has a combination of angst and energy and determination and frustration that absolutely hit the nail on the head for me. Of course some of that carried on into other eras or was there before, but I think AROBTTH was just the perfect balance of everything. For me at least.

And I agree absolutely about that era of music in general. I already talk about the 2000s like older people wax poetic about the 60s and 70s. It seems silly because it's barely been any time, but there was a certain sound that bands had that was just so FOR ME. Coldplay, Keane, James Blunt, Muse (though I got into them later), they put out music that just resonated with me so perfectly I didn't even realize how special it was to have that connection. Don't get me wrong, I love some things that are still coming out, including what Coldplay does, but en masse, it isn't the same. And I think back then you had a lot on the radio that sort of had that vibe. I feel like a lot of music now is either more pop/hip-hop or very "indie"/outside-the-box and not as much that's a sort of crossover. A lot of people bashed it as bland or formulaic, but that sort of alt rock, piano-driven, melancholic but with great hooks, that just moved me as much as music can move anyone. And the oughties were such a great time for that. I don't know why because it's not like my life was particularly great then, but that whole decade just seems special, even outside music. The TV, the technology, just everything.

• Like 1

As a way to celebrate the 15th anniversary I changed my signature to put lyrics to a song I can relate a lot now: Amsterdam. I'm still waiting (honestly is letting that person come) for that someone to cut me loose but I know it will come eventually I just need to wait...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Happy 15th birthday to the 2nd single off AROBTTH, The Scientist with 1.36 and I Ran Away !

#AROBTTH15

[ATTACH=full]7594[/ATTACH]

One of the most important songs in my life ever, it helped me through so much then and still now. I Ran Away is a great song too.

• Like 2