✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

15 Years of A Rush Of Blood To The Head - #AROBTTH15

I ran away

Hi everyone !

Can you remember when we had an individual subforum to celebrate 10 years of X&Y in 2015 ?

Well, something like that doesnt exist for 15 years of AROBTTH, but I thought we could at least have a thread to celebrate it together.

Today marks 15 years since the release of the first single of the Era, In My Place. And in three weeks will be the actual album release's birthday.

Post your thoughts about AROBTTH or the AROBTTH Era, your birthday wishes, your favorite tracks, your discs or fan items, anything relatable to 15 years of A Rush Of Blood To The Head here :)

• Like 2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AROBTTH is a masterpiece. Just today I'm listening to it so much... this album seems to understand my feelings better than any person. I couldn't understand my life without it. I think it's the best music they have ever made, and probably one of the best alternative rock album of all time.

It's cool that you've created this thread to celebrate its birthday. I will try to post more things during the next days.

• Like 2

It was the first album I ever brought in my life, I was 11. I can feel its songs so related to my soul still today that I'm a nearly 30-years-old man.

If I had to choose one song from this magnificent masterpiece it would be clearly Warning Sign... it reminds me of the chances I missed in my life that could make me a happier person, especially talking about love. It's a very intimate and personal song and I felt very pleased when the guys came to my home town to play that one on the b-stage acoustic during the MXT in 2012. I nearly cried, then they played my favourite one which is Speed Of Sound and a tear of emotion got out :D but that's another story....

Happy Birthday AROBTTH, I will listen to you one more time

• Like 7

It was the first album I ever brought in my life, I was 11. I can feel its songs so related to my soul still today that I'm a nearly 30-years-old man.

If I had to choose one song from this magnificent masterpiece it would be clearly Warning Sign... it reminds me of the chances I missed in my life that could make me a happier person, especially talking about love. It's a very intimate and personal song and I felt very pleased when the guys came to my home town to play that one on the b-stage acoustic during the MXT in 2012. I nearly cried, then they played my favourite one which is Speed Of Sound and a tear of emotion got out :D but that's another story....

Happy Birthday AROBTTH, I will listen to you one more time

Warning Sign is incredible :heart_eyes: definitely in my top 10 CP songs

AROBTTH.. so many thoughts, feelings, emotions come rushing to my head (see what I did there lol) when I think back to this masterpiece of an album. Clocks, followed by The Scientist, were the first Coldplay songs that made their way into my ear canals and filled me with instant intrigue to know more about this particular band. Coming from a spanish-first speaking country, Coldplay was sort of like my gateway drug into this whole new universe of music. Since I was still a young kid when I first saw Chris Martin singing Clocks during a music video/commercial display at the tv section of a local mall, I had no idea who or what they were called and even though I was immediately intrigued by that particular piano riff and peculiar singing style, I just moved on and forgot about them for a couple years. It wasn't until my older brother, whose always been an avid music fan, discovered a great but sad music video called The Scientist by a band called Coldplay and made me check it out with him. Growing up, a lot of my musical taste/preferences were shaped thanks to him because he'd have youtube, limewire, and other available music resources that I at the time didn't have due to parental restrictions lmao. But anyways, as soon as that vid played I felt an instant familiar feeling, and although I couldn't quite place it, it was so pleasing to listen too, so I repeated the video like a dozen times. After I burned that song out of my ears, I decided I should check this band out and see if any of their other content was worthwhile listening too. Boy what a surprise when I clicked Clocks on the suggested... IT WAS THEM, the band I had heard all those years back at the mall! They are Coldplay.

Needless to say, after that I haven't stopped loving this band and I don't think I ever will. And yeah, AROBTTH is my favourite album of all times.

• Like 2

AROBTTH is my favorite album from Coldplay. The whole album is full of powerful songs, and the b-sides are pure magic too. Politik, In My Place, AROBTTH, Green Eyes and The Scientist especially are among my most favorite songs from the band ever. Lyrics are very beautiful, and the music has this vibe of sadness and longing, at least for me. In My Place and Politik were my most favorite songs until the day I heard Birds. I can still remember the moments when I heard certain songs for the first time, and this record has been a big part in many of my life's important moments. :innocent:

I'm just going to leave this masterpiece of performance of one of the best songs ever here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0M_zooT4U

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO0M_zooT4U

• Like 4

AROBTTH is the album that has the first song I've ever heard from this Coldplay. I was about 8 years old while I was

searching Super Mario releated videos on Youtube, since I was (and stil I am) a big fan, and I stumble upon this one called Mario:Back To The Start. As you can guess, the song present in the video was the Scientist. Keep in mind at that time I didn't really care for music and neither knew english very well aside from the basic (I'm portuguese btw for those who don't know), but the song really striked me at that time and became my favourite song, even though I didn't even knew that Coldplay was a band. It probably helped that the message of the video of this prohibit friendship between Mario and an enemy from the game and how Mario felt bad for the chaos he made and wanted to go back and restart everything moved me a lot at the time. And now that I'm older I can even get the political messeges present in the video! If you like both Super Mario and Coldplay I recomend that you watch this video if you haven't already!

• Like 2

I illegally downloaded "Politik" off of Kazaa or something back then. I didn't have money to buy CDs. That damn song changed my life though. I never heard something as blissful as the second half of that song.

I did buy the album like 2 years later though haha. "A Whisper" is one of their most underrated songs imo

• Like 2

AROBTTH is the best Coldplay album in my opinion. Not just for the album but also for the B sides. There's just such a rich indie rock coldplay sound that hasn't been replicated in any other album. It has a range of songs from slow like The Scientist and Amsterdam to heavy guitar like 1.36 and A Whisper. Plus, the art style is bloody awesome!

• Like 4