✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Cry Cry Cry - Sunset

Coeurli

I have feeling this album will be very much like Viva in the sense all the songs will sound different.

Whereas Viva experimented with classical/foreign instruments, I feel as if this time we’re going to get an eclectic mix of old timey, indie, alternative and country influences.

• Like 1

I might be wrong but I think the "Cry Cry Cry" bit came from this song from the '60s. The song is credited to both Bert Berns and Jerry Ragovoy, and they both appear as composers when you look at Cry Cry Cry on Apple Music (alongside the four members of the band and Jacob Collier, who we knew about already).

(1996552149_ScreenShot2019-11-02at3_26_31pm.png.01e36d0ae3625920cb7d463ad75aff07.png)

Obviously it doesn't sound exactly the same but it must be enough of a sample/interpolation or inspiration that they've credited the writers anyway (as they're both deceased).

Also how cool is it that they're looking to Soul music for inspiration!

459256228_ScreenShot2019-11-02at3_26_42pm.png.3e0e28ee9b090f5e02a9f1c56284b121.png

• Like 3

I might be wrong but I think the "Cry Cry Cry" bit came from this song from the '60s. The song is credited to both Bert Berns and Jerry Ragovoy, and they both appear as composers when you look at Cry Cry Cry on Apple Music (alongside the four members of the band and Jacob Collier, who we knew about already).

([ATTACH alt=Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 3.26.42 pm.png]9537[/ATTACH][ATTACH alt=Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 3.26.31 pm.png]9538[/ATTACH])

Obviously it doesn't sound exactly the same but it must be enough of a sample/interpolation or inspiration that they've credited the writers anyway (as they're both deceased).

Also how cool is it that they're looking to Soul music for inspiration!

Nice work! Thanks for the info. I'm impatiently waiting for this song. I liked the snippet a lot. It reminds me of 'Feeling Good' by Muse.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so first let's set the record straight, the distorted voice belongs to Jacob Collier, the (young) jazz phenomenon, not Crazy Frog lmao :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Another brilliant example of Coldplay extrapolating from another genre.

Also contains some of my favourite lyrics from the album : "For your miracles outnumber all the stars out in the sky"

Beautiful!

And it's super catchy. It was legit stuck in my head for an entire day.

It was reported the song has a video (I think it's in the Sunday times interview), I assume it'll be released end of year or early next year ? It was directed by Dakota Johnson, should be interesting.

Ok so first let's set the record straight, the distorted voice belongs to Jacob Collier, the (young) jazz phenomenon, not Crazy Frog lmao :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Actually Chris said that the other voice is a pitched version of his own.

• Like 5

Which makes sense, it's just Jacob Collier who's doing all the editing magic with sample of Chris. It's not all that unlike the beginning of Charlie Brown which is just Chris singing the song but slowed down and really high pitched.

• Like 3

Which makes sense, it's just Jacob Collier who's doing all the editing magic with sample of Chris. It's not all that unlike the beginning of Charlie Brown which is just Chris singing the song but slowed down and really high pitched.

AAAAh thank you for clarifying that omg!!!!! I always thought it as Chris' own voice (it sounds lie him), but after seeing Jacob Collier's credit in the song among the backing vocals, I just assumed that I was wrong all along and it was him! Now i understand!!!

• Like 1

I take it back. Chris just said in Jo Wiley's session that this is another person singing with pitched up voice. A she. Why do I feel like that might be his girlfriend.

• Wow 1