Everyday Life - Live in Jordan on YouTube 22 Nov

Captain Crieff

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is so funny and I love that they are pretty much doing whatever they want. Can't wait for this! Question is... are you going to listen to the album first, or watch the performance live?

Too late for me :joy:

I've got to tell you personally I won't because I don't like the line about getting drunk with friends. It still feels like it trivializes the Syrian war to me, sorry.

I must agree that they could have done the chorus a little better. It's supposed to be youthful and fun, but I feel like the Max Martin influence helping them craft a big pop hit by doing some cringy lyric thing they already did in HFTW didn't get them very far.

I do like the song as a whole though, even if it is the most poppy one off the album.

-----

Sadly I'm over a week late to enter that contest, but they probably wouldn't have picked me anyway. I'm an okay singer, but I probably would have butchered that chorus :joy: I did find that listening to the video I went off key and sounded way worse than just doing it solo though. Funny how that works. Guess it's Chris harmonizing and what not that throws me off :joy:

• Like 3

Does anyone know if there was a date deadline on submitting an Orphans clip? I have not a had a chance at all but I have a small window in about 2 hours. Do you think it'll still be worth it?

There was no deadline given, so mayyybe they didn't put the clips together yet. You should try!

Does anyone know if there was a date deadline on submitting an Orphans clip? I have not a had a chance at all but I have a small window in about 2 hours. Do you think it'll still be worth it?

Sadly, submissions are now closed :(

Screenshot_20191119-171406.thumb.png.25cf981dd78c2b7ab72a4f89288047cf.png

It's a shame, I almost changed my mind and recorded a video a few days ago before I saw this. Makes sense that the deadline has already passed though because they need time to pick from submissions and edit them together so they can be shown during the livestream.

• Like 2

There's a phenomenon I've observed from time to time when a person's mere presence in room can completely change the energy of the four guys playing together. I first saw it with Brian Eno in the studio. Here we are in Amman, though, and some of the glorious guests from the recordings are here - Femi Kuti, Stromae, & Norah Shaqur - injecting the band with enthusiasm that drives them into their highest musical gear.

What a joy to witness...

R42

[MEDIA=instagram]B5FNehGg0Th[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5FNehGg0Th/?igshid=di728rm2bspi

can anyone rip the Road to Jordan video on YouTube and post it in the multimedia section please? (It's Premium only and US only apparently. Not available in all countries in any case)

much appreciated!

...and now I'm gonna take a quick shower and try to sleep hours before I normally fall asleep. Fucking 5am... Thanks Coldplay

• Like 7

I was thinking it started tomorrow this whole time. Guess im staying up late.

But now it turns out its on premium only? I cant get a confirmation on that....dang, might have to wait a bit for a copy then either way since i'll be missing the back half.

I wasn't planning on starting a free trial, but I guess if I have to for this broadcast then I will.

Do you think Flags will ever get played live? I have the link to the song but I haven't listened to the whole thing yet. I have no idea if it's the kind of song that would get played live or not, because I forgot what the snippet sounded like.

I doubt they'll ever play Flags live just because it's a bonus track, but if they do, maybe it'll be in one of the few upcoming shows or it'll be a C-stage song on a future tour.

• Like 3