✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live at the Natural History Museum London 25 Nov 2019

Captain Crieff

Wow. That's really mean of them. Do they know how many fans bought several copies of their Sunday edition just to have the Coldplay content in print ? LOL

They probably don't lol. But they had a point. Posting the full text like that is a breach of copyright even when you link to the original source. It is what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why he didn't sing Church live. It don't seems to be so difficult to sing.

Yeah it’s much easier to sing than AHFOD, but maybe his current vocal issue is only affecting the top of his head voice, at least most of the other songs on EL are quite comfortably within his chest range so he can still do them OK.

So good to read you had such an amazing time! You said something about seemingly undeserved luck, but there's clearly nothing undeserved about this. You've had a rough time lately and you're such a big fan, it's hard to think of someone who'd have deserved it more. Then again there are so many people who deserved it just as much. I've got to say when @SpinningPlates PMd me I immediately thought of at least 4 people (Céline, Claire, Nie,... I'm so sorry you remained ticketless :sob:) I realised I probably had to decide within a second or he'd PM someone else so I guess your Twitter spamming worked there. I totally agree with your point about a 3k capacity venue, that would have been so much better. I mean yeah that looks less special and exclusive and there'd be no blue whale skeleton hanging above everyone's heads, but it's still an extremely small venue for Coldplay and much less fans would have been left out. Argh.

Haha, let's see if I can find that report of yours later. Curious to read it !

Yeah, with undeserved luck I meant I didn't deserve it any more than all the kind people I met there (and actually less than the people from the UK), and none of them made it in. And I could tell some people were really upset and one of my friends was even crying when I got the ticket because and there was just nothing we could do about it :sob: I hope the band (management) learn from their mistakes. It is absolutely okay to do super small concerts, but as I said, having the biggest band in the world play their ONLY announced concert of this era in a part of the world where a lot of their audience is located in such a tiny venue was just bound to be headed for disaster.

Oh and, the flight back home without anxiety meds? That's some great progress there! The power of music and what it can lead to :heart:

Well, I did suffer through A LOT of anxiety through that flight and it was pretty touch and go as opposed to the first one with the medication, but I can't help be a little proud that I resisted the tempation and confronted it, because is important in therapy to expose yourself to the anxiety and then sit through ("sitting with the poison takes away the pain"). My therapist is on holiday right now but she'll be pleased to hear that I managed to do that ! I certainly only managed because I was still feeling great overall from the concert. This, and with the help of two songs: Fix You got me up in the air (try syncing the guitar solo to when the plane speeds up on the runway !) and Arabesque got me down (that was a tough one, there was a storm and the landing was very bumpy and needed a messy chaotic wall of sound to get absorbed by :D)

Haha, let's see if I can find that report of yours later. Curious to read it !

UHOH ._.

it's on page 63 of the 2 July show thread, I got nostalgic and went to dig it up. Damn, the absolute state of my English & writing skills in certain parts :joy: it was clearly 5.5 years ago

Well, I did suffer through A LOT of anxiety through that flight and it was pretty touch and go as opposed to the first one with the medication, but I can't help be a little proud that I resisted the tempation and confronted it, because is important in therapy to expose yourself to the anxiety and then sit through ("sitting with the poison takes away the pain"). My therapist is on holiday right now but she'll be pleased to hear that I managed to do that ! I certainly only managed because I was still feeling great overall from the concert. This, and with the help of two songs: Fix You got me up in the air (try syncing the guitar solo to when the plane speeds up on the runway !) and Arabesque got me down (that was a tough one, there was a storm and the landing was very bumpy and needed a messy chaotic wall of sound to get absorbed by :D)

yeah totally, that's great!

and you even got through a bumpy landing, those are never fun even when you don't really have flight anxiety

• Like 1

Chris is a baritone, if he has voice issues then the head voice parts in the chorus might crack which would ruin the song, that’s why I think he lip syncs this one.

The chorus of Daddy is in head voice and he reaches to sing it really well.

Thanks @I ran away for the video, I knew I could count on you and your camera. :D

I've got to say when @SpinningPlates PMd me I immediately thought of at least 4 people (Céline, Claire, Nie,... I'm so sorry you remained ticketless :sob:) I realised I probably had to decide within a second or he'd PM someone else so I guess your Twitter spamming worked there.

That's OK, it's OK, it's OK. I think you made the right decision. :D

Thanks [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] for your review, I was in London at that gate and I didn't know people were actually trying to sneak in that way. That's NOT OK.

A lot happened over there, I'm not a great writer but I'll try to write down my experience as someone who didn't get a ticket and who went to London but didn't get in.

To start, I have to explain that I have been very busy at work since July and it all became super busy at the time Coldplay announced the new album. I didn't have any time to follow up and I decided to wait until the day of the album release to listen to any of the songs (well, except Orhpans, Everyday Life and Arabesque (who became my daily reminder that there was an album release going to happen)).

I hated it but I even muted and blocked people on Twitter because they were heavily spoiling the album leak. o_O

When Coldplay announced the NHM concert I didn't hesitate for a second, I went to my boss and asked 2 days off. :D

Gladly he is a music lover too and he granted me those 2 days, asking me to stay in touch in case some questions had to be answered. OK, I can do that, except maybe on Monday. :D

So I immediately booked my Eurostar tickets and hotel and then went back into Coldplay hibernation mode until Thursday evening when a very important deadline would have been reached at work.

Thanks Coldplay for waiting until Friday 22th.

I loved the Sunrise concert and went to work, got home in the afternoon and listened to Sunset.

And then it hit me that the next day the ticket sale was for a 1 time only concert. :eek:

I'll spare you the details of the ticket horror - I think I wrote them on CPING somewhere - but on Sunday, I left to London without a ticket and with no hope at all to get to the concert.

But, I was so looking forward to finally meet some Coldplayers who I know from Twitter and to meet some fans again I saw at previous concerts.

First thing to do on Sunday was to buy the Sunday Times and after dropping of my suitcase in the hotel I went to The Bakery - I always have to go and see if someone is around. I met some nice Italian fans, one of them was Fabio. We talked about going to concerts and meeting Coldplay and I just could feel the common ticket sale disappointment and also the hope to get in.

On Monday I first went to Bricklane to buy a third copy of the album - I ordered it on the Coldplay store, also a 2nd one to get a code but they weren't shipped yet - and then got to the museum where I met some Coldplayers.

One of them was Ben, who was so lucky to get a ticket. Seeing him so happy and excited made me forget my disappointment. By then I already had accepted the fact that I would not be attending the concert. Met a lot of other fans and we took pictures to tweet to Coldplay. We saw some of the Coldplay crew inspecting the room and when we were asked to leave the museum I got the chance to ask R42 to make some nice pictures for us. He promised to do his very best. :)

I had a chat with @I ran away, promised to do a bit better my best to keep in touch. And then we all walked to the gates to meet up with other fans. I met Fabio again who was holding up his sign, I really hoped he would get in. A car stopped by and Phil came out and I think he was surprised to find himself into the middle of a group of disappointed Coldplayers. He was so sweet and explained he couldn't do anything for us. He couldn't even invite his family.

OK, the waiting continued. We also had a discussion with a guy who was selling 4 tickets for 500£ each! I just didn't believe him. He was pretty rude and kept saying that he would go in and we could pay him when we got in. Right, but 500£? No thanks. And then I remembered the tweet Debs sent about a scammer trying to sell tickets. I looked it up and our guy really looked the same as the one who was on the profile picture of Debs' tweet.

So, we got his scam revealed. :imp:

Btw, we never saw him enter the gate with the general ticket holders. HA!

Door opening time got closer so I decided to go to the general entrance gate and queue up there for another hour or so and there I met my Italian friend Fabio again. Security was not very friendly, first they were saying that we would have no chance at all to get in without a ticket; later they were shouting to make a proper queue, then they said let's see what we can do for you, ... I have to admit that there were fans who were not respectful at all and just mingled in or next to the people who were standing there for ages.

Then we saw the ticket holders enter, Ben, @I ran away,... until everybody was in. It didn't seem that many people so I totally believed the number of 300 fans that was going around.

A few minutes after the gate was closed I heard shouting and people yelling on the other side where the gate of the invited people was. So I ran over there and apparently some tickets were given away. It was a chaos over there, a fan I met before was run over by some lucky people and got hurt. :( I also heard that people just grabbed tickets out of the Coldplay crew member's hand. :(

We just stayed at that gate and kept waiting, security gave us hope there would be some more tickets. I saw 2 Coldplay crew members who were apperently checking out how many fans were still over there. But we didn't have any luck, no more tickets were given.

I stayed around until the concert was about to be over and decided to go to my hotel.

The whole day happened like in a haze, a stormy haze.

The next day I went to the Bakery again to drop off the letter and present I had for the band. When I arrived I was greeted by Fabio again. He told me he managed to get to the concert because he stayed in the queue at the general gate when everyone else had ran to the other gate. For a second I hated myself because I didn't stay with him, apparently he was a very lucky guy. :D

After a while I ran away arrived and I showed her the message I wrote on the bench in front of the Bakery for her in 2018. :)

Some fans from Brazil arrived and I think they had called on the Bakery door because when we looked around the corner they were talking with the nice Coldplay crew member I have often seen there and who I a present for the band on my previous visit in June.

He was handing out some signed LPs and drumheads to those fans and was chatting in Italian with them. I Ran Away, an other fan and I waited politely and when he turned to get in again I asked him to give my present to the band. He was thanking me for the present and asked me where I was from. I told him I was Belgian and then he said to wait a second, went in and came out with 3 more drumheads. He handed one to I ranaway and the other fan and he said: this is a special one for you. And OMG, I really was flabbergasted.

1575133113898.png.e45b4acfa6cc391c2efdff8ff2f4acf3.png

He gave me the drumkit Will drew the Belgian flag on for the concerts in Brussels. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I was so happy and we talked a bit about how much the band means to me and he said that the fans mean a lot to the band too. :heart:

Then it was time for me to get back to the hotel to pick up my suitcase and to take the Eurostar back to Brussels.

I think I had the biggest smile upon my face during the whole journey back home.

So, maybe I didn't get to the Coldplay concert, but I did meet a lot of nice Coldplayers and even got home with a present that means the world to me.

I just love Coldplay. :heart:

The only thing I do regret is that this Everyday Life era seems to be like in "a blink and miss them" way. :(

I even didn't have a chance to catch up with everything.

Next thing to look forward is my Coldplay bundle who seems to be finaly on its way to me :rolleyes: (I do hope it gets here before the era is over).

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2

OK, sorry I still haven't caught up entirely with this thread and I won't get round to writing up my adventures and impressions of that amazing day until maybe tomorrow or even later (I want to do a full report as well, and think it's gonna be interesting because my experience was so very different from Stephen's :D), BUT for the moment I'm gonna leave you with this full concert recording. I know the audio is not the best, but I hope you'll enjoy the video the more ! As always I gave my best to capture those little moments and facial expressions of the band members that make each concert unique.

Four days later and I'm still so flashed from this concert and grateful that against all odds, I could go :heart: This meant and will forever mean a lot to me.

Wow, when Coldplay shows are far and few between right now, this video was just what I needed to avoid re-watching the Jordan performance yet again. THANK YOU!!!!

Church wasn't live again (playback)?

^Based on the above video, it sounds like Chris is singing 1 octave below the studio vocals. Unless Will is singing (couldn't confirm due to camera angle), then there are playback vocals there. :(

• Like 1

^Based on the above video, it sounds like Chris is singing 1 octave below the studio vocals. Unless Will is singing (couldn't confirm due to camera angle), then there are playback vocals there. :(

I Wonder why, since in Everyday life he sung live and high as in Church.....

• Like 1

I Wonder why, since in Everyday life he sung live and high as in Church.....

Because Church was the very first vocal song - by Everyday Life his voice had warmed up.

• Like 3