✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Live at the Natural History Museum London 25 Nov 2019

Captain Crieff

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the thread, I agree that the organization is messed up. Especially the random ticket handout that happened outside last minute.

But let's be clear. It's up to the band how they share their music with fans. The band has made it clear that we won't get a tour for this era. Seems like they are doing some promo shows to get the word out and push album sales. That's it. Bottom line, these shows are not targeted for the fans. It sucks! But it is what it is.

It's not like the band does not do big tours. We'll get our chance to see them live soon. So let's be patient :) like an idiot, I'm still keeping my hopes up that they'll do a show in US west coast, I'll try for tickets just like you (if it happens) and be crushed when it doesn't or I don't get tickets. I've loved this era so much and I really want to see a live show for this era too. So I totally get the frustration. I'm feeling it too. But in the end, it's the band's decision and they have earned it after 6 big time tours in 20 years.

• Like 9

I guess it's difficult to find a balance between promoting your album to "important people" and engaging with fans. There weren't many people outside but to those few it would have meant the most to attend, and their excitement/posts on social are free promotion for the band too. I accept there were limited tickets but hope they improve the organisation side of things for future events.

• Like 8

I guess it's difficult to find a balance between promoting your album to "important people" and engaging with fans. There weren't many people outside but to those few it would have meant the most to attend, and their excitement/posts on social are free promotion for the band too. I accept there were limited tickets but hope they improve the organisation side of things for future events.

I totally agree, I was devastated not to get a ticket. Like my fellow Coldplayer I would hope for better organisation and a better than (no) chance to see what seems to be have been a wonderful evening judging by R42's photos

• Like 2

Guy on instagram acknowledging the issues

I think this response does suggest that the band itself didn't really have any control over what happened. Yes, on a broader scale perhaps they could've prevented it, but ultimately, from what I understand, it was the organizers and security who really turned it into a mess.

Loads of people talking all the way through the song. I can see this happening at a stadium gig in the back. But in such a small venue for such a special occasion? No words...

Whereas for the Saturday show in Amman, judging by the YouTube videos and the iHeartRadio broadcast, people wanted to be there and knew Sparks well enough to be audibly singing along. It sounded to me like, while there were some people who just wouldn't shut up, the vast majority were into it, and that was true for much of the set.

• Like 6

I also read that a lot of the audience (i.e. not real Coldplay fans) left before the concert ended. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

It's really unfair. We should write Phil a letter.

This is scandalous. Life just isn’t fair sometimes.

The fact there was only 300 tickets, we never had a hope. This is the third time I’ve missed out on tickets.... agh maybe next time!

• Like 1

This is scandalous. Life just isn’t fair sometimes.

The fact there was only 300 tickets, we never had a hope. This is the third time I’ve missed out on tickets.... agh maybe next time!

Did you miss out on GS too? I did on the GS and EL shows but at least saw the AHFODT three times!

• Like 3

Hi again everyone ! Sorry for not posting here in a while. I was the person from here who managed to get a ticket :D and all thanks to the amazing @Captain Crieff and the amazing @SpinningPlates !!

Yeah, same. Fix You on acoustic guitar just doesn't work imho.

I think we really should. This whole concert and ticket process was messed up on so many levels !!! It was heartbreaking to see all the hopeful fans, some of them come a long, long way, not get in.

@I ran away I just want to say that I am so happy for you that you got to see the show!! What a memory for you :) Feel free to post a many details about the evening as you'd like, so I can live vicariously through you, haha!

Also glad for those who got to get together with fellow fans in London, that'd be so neat. I hope I get to do that someday. I would have joined in the fun if I were on that side of the Atlantic. Really, all of you on here are all I have to converse with regarding Coldplay. On that note, with Thanksgiving coming up, I am so thankful for Coldplaying and my fellow Coldplayers on here! I appreciate all the time and effort so many of you take to post updates and new info regarding the band.

:heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I actually quite like this version of Fix You. :D

It's fun but I definitely prefer the original, with the organ and the big kickass drums. The Midnight-crossover version's pretty good too. :) This version is really interesting though because it's not just acoustic guitar, it's like actively FOLKSY acoustic guitar kind of like on Till Kingdom Come. I wonder if more of X&Y started that way than we think. Or maybe they're just trying a thing out. What if the next album is aggressively folk rock, like an album's worth of the Goldrush?!

• Like 1

It's fun but I definitely prefer the original, with the organ and the big kickass drums. The Midnight-crossover version's pretty good too. :) This version is really interesting though because it's not just acoustic guitar, it's like actively FOLKSY acoustic guitar kind of like on Till Kingdom Come. I wonder if more of X&Y started that way than we think. Or maybe they're just trying a thing out. What if the next album is aggressively folk rock, like an album's worth of the Goldrush?!

Guns is really folksy, and I wouldn't mind more of that in the future. Perhaps Goldrush Part 2 and Death Will Never Conquer Part 2 as well...

This version of Fix You is growing on me after a couple more listens. But I prefer Chris on the piano if we aren't gonna get the organ, kind of like this Viva-era gem:

Or that Midnight version which I love but I'm also biased towards because that's the only version I've seen live in person :D

• Like 1

Well it definitely suits this era quite well.

And yes, a folksy album will be nice! I think the band needs to experiment more. EL shows that they got a lot of potential with other genres.

[MEDIA=instagram]B5VRd70Bc-g[/MEDIA]

Not sure if this was posted but does anyone know what they’re playing in the third clip? It’s during their sound check and it’s not something I recognize.

Looks like a version a bit messed up of Lovers in Japan.

• Like 2