✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Unnamed LP9 Thread

jc90

Hello everyone,

Everyday Life is not even out yet at the time of writing, but from rumours that came before, Coldplay were planning on following up in 2020 with a new album.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/coldplay-rumoured-releasing-experimental-new-album-next-month-2556801

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/coldplays-record-label-say-they-want-to-release-another-album-as-soon-as-possible-after-everyday-life__27757/

Everything is speculative at the moment, but our best guess is that LP9 will be a poppier output in contrast with the more raw and political themes of Everyday Life.

But what do you think? Do you expect this to be a more poppier album as everyone speculates, or will Everyday Life bring about a new direction for Coldplay?

As we get more info, i'll try and update the first post.

Dec 20/19

[MEDIA=twitter]1208097179132235777[/MEDIA]

View: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/1208097179132235777

• Like 6

I'm not actually sure we'll get LP9 this early, because if Coldplay has been consistent in one thing over their last 20 years, it's been delayed releases :D

Ha, that's true. I remember them saying theyd work on an album indefinitely if it wasn't for someone ripping it out of their hands!

• Like 3

I'm expecting something more like AHFOD, but then again they are "full of surprises" *shrug* Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Regardless... look how far we've come since the speculation that AHFOD was going to be the last Coldplay album :joy:

I'm not actually sure we'll get LP9 this early, because if Coldplay has been consistent in one thing over their last 20 years, it's been delayed releases :D

You've got a point there! :joy: I'm guessing November 2020 at the very earliest, but more likely the spring of 2021.

• Like 1

I'm ready for LP9. I liked EL but honestly it didn't sound anything like what Orphans and Arabesque was hinting at, which is the only reason it bummed me out a little. Had they chosen to share, Eko and Everyday Life first maybe I woulda been prepared for such a quiet album. Anyways, looking forward to the band to make more songs that highlight all the members again!

• Like 3

Well..from what we know so far, I believe that we will get more of a mainstream album, not necessarily pop.. but maybe more in the veins of songs like church..orphans and champion of the world on a full album. And thats so great cos.. COTW is classic coldplay with some new touches..church is beatiful too..and all this songs are not like sooo much pop like ahfd or even mylo. I think it got more of their essence..and they sound more approachable and mainstream..so if I had to guess..I would think that LP9 will be more like those tracks. We'll see.

And dont forget that recently Chris said on a interview that they are not worrying about how commercial they are..not thinking much of that stuff lately So i think that this kinda reject a full pop album..that is not their focus anymore.

Ps: please let "the race" be a part of the new album haha

• Like 3

Even after 8 albums, people still don't see that Coldplay don't do the same thing twice.

There will be no AHFOD 2 or MX 2 or VLV 2 etc etc.

If they're doing a 9th album, it'll be something different, again. Sure there are always similarities between albums, but it will be different enough that you can hear the song and know it's from LP9.

• Like 4

I remember a joke version of this thread from back in, like . . . the MX days. It's a little surreal to be close enough to LP9 that the real version is now relevant.

Especially considering LP8 isn't even out yet :joy:

this made me remember the joke version of the LP8 thread.... turns out some predictions weren't too far off! check it out https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lp8.103584/page-9

Even after 8 albums, people still don't see that Coldplay don't do the same thing twice.

There will be no AHFOD 2 or MX 2 or VLV 2 etc etc.

If they're doing a 9th album, it'll be something different, again. Sure there are always similarities between albums, but it will be different enough that you can hear the song and know it's from LP9.

Except they have been trying to duplicate Mylo Xyloto ever since and they will, trust me.

• Like 1

Well..from what we know so far, I believe that we will get more of a mainstream album, not necessarily pop.. but maybe more in the veins of songs like church..orphans and champion of the world on a full album. And thats so great cos.. COTW is classic coldplay with some new touches..church is beatiful too..and all this songs are not like sooo much pop like ahfd or even mylo. I think it got more of their essence..and they sound more approachable and mainstream..so if I had to guess..I would think that LP9 will be more like those tracks. We'll see.

And dont forget that recently Chris said on a interview that they are not worrying about how commercial they are..not thinking much of that stuff lately So i think that this kinda reject a full pop album..that is not their focus anymore.

Please please please let "the race" be on LP9

• Like 6

About what I said earlier, here is a part from a recent interview: "Not worry about commercial perfomance" this got to mean something right?.. so o think is unlikely we will get an album like mylo or ahfd. I think the direction will be a mix of the essence of the band from the first 4 albums with some nuances of pop, like it happens on tracks like orphans or church or even CoTw...well Im excited, cos it feels like I've been waiting this band for 12 years and they are finally back

A4CD4FA3-E396-4933-B817-03503BD776FD.thumb.png.1eb29f59865e8ee91678d9ae85023366.png

• Like 1

I think if it actually got released one day, it might be my favorite!!

Yeaaah I think that too..that's something about that tease that brings me something very nostalgic, it feels like what I felt when I first heard of them. Its old and new at the same time, had some baselines and some x&y vibe but more pop but its a smart pop..IDK just sounds so unique and so touching.. and sooo COLDPLAY thats what I love about it. Its the coldplay innovating like what they did from album to album in their first four. Man I need that song hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I for one welcome a second MX which includes:

-Hurts Like Heaven, to date, Jonny's most complicated guitar solo and number of guitar solos jammed in 1 song

-Charlie Brown, ETIAW, and DLIBYH all with fun tinkly riffs from Jonny. If you like that tiny bit of Orphans, then why not have LOTS of it? Also all these songs have high energy and great production + xylobands!

-Acoustic masterpieces: UATW, UFO, and Up With the Birds

-Massive singalongs, esp Paradise. If you don't like that song, at least it has a big guitar solo from Jonny! Even if you don't like POC, that has huge guitar and basslines too.

-Major Minus!!!!

-I actually quite like Up in Flames. It's got a simple electronic beat, piano, nice guitar lines, tragic vocals. What's so bad about all that??

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Yeaaah I think that too..that's something about that tease that brings me something very nostalgic, it feels like what I felt when I first heard of them. Its old and new at the same time, had some baselines and some x&y vibe but more pop but its a smart pop..IDK just sounds so unique and so touching.. and sooo COLDPLAY thats what I love about it. Its the coldplay innovating like what they did from album to album in their first four. Man I need that song hahahaha

Definitely!!! That's exactly what it reminds me of! Every single time I hear it, it brings up so much emotion, even though I don't have any memories attached to it, it's brand new. (If you know what I mean)

Don't know how I feel about the background voices in the start tho... They sound a bit too pop-ish to me. Do you agree?

• Love 1

Definitely!!! That's exactly what it reminds me of! Every single time I hear it, it brings up so much emotion, even though I don't have any memories attached to it, it's brand new. (If you know what I mean)

Don't know how I feel about the background voices in the start tho... They sound a bit too pop-ish to me. Do you agree?

I do but its seem like a more balanced popish, anyway..I think it would be a really strong track

• Like 1