✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Unnamed LP9 Thread

jc90

So, I just got a Twitter notification about Coldplay releasing a bunch of Parachutes demos or something. I can't find it anywhere, it must have been deleted a few seconds afterwards. The only accounts I have notifications turned on for are Coldplay, Coldplaying, and ColdplayXtra.

It's this:

[MEDIA=twitter]1197900561628221440[/MEDIA]

• Like 2

Music of the Spheres would certainly be a weird song title if they don't break the tradition of having a title track...

The name alone suggests an album of ethereal world music if you ask me. That'd certainly be something!

Imagine if X&Y had just been the shoddy failed version of Music Of The Spheres all along.....the album to fix that record

I wouldn't dare refer to X&Y as shoddy or failed in any way... but then again I consider it Coldplay's best album so I'm a wee bit biased. ;)

Imagine though, if you will, a modern take on that kind of space rock that doesn't frustrate the band to no end. Something that comes more naturally than X&Y did, without the creative turmoil that led them to scrap dozens and dozens of songs during the process of writing and recording. Imagine Davide Rossi's strings (as beautiful as they are!) replaced with dreamy synthesizers. Imagine a Coldplay album like that.

• Like 4

Important clue!

In A Book of Luminous Things, which is referenced in the song Cry Cry Cry, there is a poem called Music of Spheres.

[ATTACH=full]9770[/ATTACH]

That would be kind of funny if they released a song about spheres. In an Apparatjik interview, it was mentioned that all four members of the band, including Guy, hated spheres. That's why they're so obsessed with cubes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Music of the Spheres" sound very cool, but it also could have been the alternative title of Everyday Life Guy referred to in a recent interview.

That said, it sounds like they've been doing Everyday Life sessions with LP9 sessions, so maybe there's still a chance it is "Music of the Spheres" ??

Idk, it seems unlikely they'd announce their next album in a lyric book.... and also, that's a pretty alternative sounding title for a record, and I think we all know the album will likely be more pop-driven, or at least more tourable. But Mylo Xyloto was a alternative sounding title but the record wasn't, so...

• Like 2

That would be kind of funny if they released a song about spheres. In an Apparatjik interview, it was mentioned that all four members of the band, including Guy, hated spheres. That's why they're so obsessed with cubes.

Wait, what? I'm very out of the loop on this, lol. Why do they hate spheres?

"Music of the Spheres" sound very cool, but it also could have been the alternative title of Everyday Life Guy referred to in a recent interview.

That said, it sounds like they've been doing Everyday Life sessions with LP9 sessions, so maybe there's still a chance it is "Music of the Spheres" ??

Idk, it seems unlikely they'd announce their next album in a lyric book.... and also, that's a pretty alternative sounding title for a record, and I think we all know the album will likely be more pop-driven, or at least more tourable. But Mylo Xyloto was a alternative sounding title but the record wasn't, so...

To be fair, before this era I would have said it was unlikely they would announce an album via personal letters to fans, but I see your point. Even when working on GS / AHFOD in tandem, the two eras never overlapped with one another. That being said, why leave in the reference if they wound up scrapping that idea? Other than an EP or the next album, I'm not sure what could be "important" enough to be given a two-page spread in the album booklet.

Were there ever any references to Zero Theory after it became X&Y?

• Like 6

Wait, what? I'm very out of the loop on this, lol. Why do they hate spheres?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8siiOKK3u0:131

In this interview, Magne says:

"All four members of Apparatjik have had very bad experiences with spheres when they were children. This was one of the reasons they were most drawn to each other. It is too painful to go into the details, it brings back a lot of bad memories unfortunately. Can we move on now please? We are much more comfortable with cubes generally. We quite like hexagonal prisms too."

• Like 4

Probably seemed unlikely they'd announce Everydaylife in the classified section of newspapers all over the world but they still did :D

Expect the unexpected i say!

• Like 1

Coldplay aren't touring this album, it's looking like they'll only play a few shows...

If they want to keep the momentum up, I dare say LP9 will be out mid next year, pretty much like the GS/AHFOD structure.

As for the 2024 thing... That's super intriguing.

I too believe the LP9 will be released around the usual time of year they release albums... I actually think we will get LP9 in June/July and they will headline a few festivals before a world tour in late 2020/2021. Keep surprising us Coldplay!

• Like 4

I too believe the LP9 will be released around the usual time of year they release albums... I actually think we will get LP9 in June/July and they will headline a few festivals before a world tour in late 2020/2021. Keep surprising us Coldplay!

I'm guessing an autumn 2020 release at the earliest, maybe October... supposedly they had festival appearances lined up but everything was canceled apart from Global Citizen in September. I think that'd give them a little more time to finish the album.

• Like 3

Perhaps the licence plate code is not a date, or simply the year 2024... Like, a reference to the future ?

On Twiter, I Ran Away guessed "Fast Forward to Future"

Also I anticipate a retro-futuristic style for that era, especially given the font and the ancient inspiration...

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Perhaps the licence plate code is not a date, or simply the year 2024... Like, a reference to the future ?

On Twiter, I Ran Away guessed "Fast Forward to Future"

Also I anticipate a retro-futuristic style for that era, especially given the font and the ancient inspiration...

If that was the intent, why not use a date thats much further ahead? Its such a strange year to choose; not super close or far.

• Like 1

A quick search on Wikipedia and I did not find anything interesting on the number 2024, but on the 2024 I did find that there is a total solar eclipse expected to happen on April 8 2024..... Seems like a stretch, and quite possibly a coincidence but.... Everyday Life was also announced via an eclipse date....

edit : although eclipses aren't exactly a rarity so that does seem like a stretch lmao

• Like 1

WHAT? Did he say that in the interview?

Chris was asked if he was happy with his albums, and he said, "Yes, all of them, except for X&Y." He said that he'd remake it on its 20th anniversary. It would be the way he originally wanted it to be, but the rest of the band didn't know anything about it yet. He's talking right now if you want to listen.

• Wow 2
  • Angry 1