✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Unnamed LP9 Thread

jc90

Chris was asked if he was happy with his albums, and he said, "Yes, all of them, except for X&Y." He said that he'd remake it on its 20th anniversary. It would be the way he originally wanted it to be, but the rest of the band didn't know anything about it yet. He's talking right now if you want to listen.

Not remaking. He said 're-editing'. So, probably just re-arrange the tracklist a bit. I hope he was joking though.

Otherwise I'd like to see an expanded edition of the early albums for their anniversaries in the coming years, including studio outtakes.

• Like 3

That Music of the Spheres billboard kind of makes me think of the Talk music video...

Chris was asked if he was happy with his albums, and he said, "Yes, all of them, except for X&Y." He said that he'd remake it on its 20th anniversary. It would be the way he originally wanted it to be, but the rest of the band didn't know anything about it yet. He's talking right now if you want to listen.

Oooh... perhaps a re-recorded version? Maybe something with stripped down versions of the songs like what they've done with most of them live? Maybe an electronic version of Talk that sounds more like what they played on the Viva tour?

Who knows, though... maybe it'd just be some remastered tracks and remixes for the songs they are most dissatisfied with.

• Like 1

That Music of the Spheres billboard kind of makes me think of the Talk music video...

Oooh... perhaps a re-recorded version? Maybe something with stripped down versions of the songs like what they've done with most of them live? Maybe an electronic version of Talk that sounds more like what they played on the Viva tour?

I would love that! Talk is a favorite of mine. That electronic version of Talk/GPASUYF sounded so good.

• Like 3

Just in case it wasnt clear for everyone, the Music of the Spheres logo depicts the DNA double helix at the centre of an intricate series of circles (or sphere is you will). Its also dotted by other spheres which represents some of the major bodies of our solar system. From counting each space, it would appear they have space for the sun and all the official planets (so, sans Pluto in case you were wondering).

Heres a high quality scan courtesy of reddit

https://i.redd.it/ruupolr0yf141.jpg

• Like 3

I really love the retro spacey feel of that image. It's an excellent foil to the aesthetic of Everyday Life, and it lends credence to the theory of Everyday Life and LP9 being complements/opposites in some way.

Everyday Life has been an amazing era so far, and I'm sad to see it coming to an end so soon, but I'm also super excited and intrigued by the LP9 concept.

• Like 6

What If Music of The Spheres symbol is just like flower of life in AHFOD and doesn’t indicate to anything on the coming album

and FFTF 2024 indicates to LP10.

Pardon my ignorance... well actually, I went through the whole thread and cannot located how this "Music of the Spheres" started... I do see the sphere like balloon figure on the main website, towards the bottom... ::shrugs::. Haha, thanks in advance everyone :)

Pardon my ignorance... well actually, I went through the whole thread and cannot located how this "Music of the Spheres" started... I do see the sphere like balloon figure on the main website, towards the bottom... ::shrugs::. Haha, thanks in advance everyone :)

Its in the Everyday Life album sleeve apparently? I also linked to the picture above.

I think they are reffering the album will come out in 2024. They will release an album in 2020 and 2 years of tour, a year break, 2024 album and 2025 20th anniversary of X&Y. Same story that started with GS and AHFOD.

2014- Ghost Stories

2015- AHFOD

2016,2017- Tour

2018- Break

2019- Everyday Life

2020- LP9

2021,2022- Tour

2023- Break

2024- LP10

2025- LP11 (X&Y Thing)

But i don't know about Music of The Spheres thing. It can be anything.

• Like 8

Definitely a whiff of "Back to the Future" about all of this. Everyday Life teased the date 1919 and Jonny's grandads band. The teaser for Music of the Spheres teased fftf and 2024. Fftf, fit for the future which is an environmental lobby? Chris also mentioned Michael J Fox and said "go Johnny, go, go, go" during the band's live Jordan performance and the movie is a favourite of all the band. Think the 2024 is just a hypothetical date.

• Like 5

Ah, okay thanks !!! I’m still waiting for my copy to come in

me too : /

I last told them I was disappointed it took so long, so they replied back saying they're also giving me free pins. I said I wanted the shipping waived too because another user here said they were offered that. I mean, I rather have the 9 bucks knocked off than a 50 cent pin. They havent replied since, but I think they said they'd be shipping end of this week. Pretty sure im not buying from Coldplay.com anymore. Maybe I should make that last part clear to them. I mean, I guess $9 is worth losing a potential future customer over. I dont imagine CDs are flying off the shelves anymore, but thats their call.

• Like 1

Music of spheres is definitely a new X&Y i reckon, not a re-worked one but what it should of been (according to them) but i think it's a brilliant album anyway but there must be a tonne of unfinished X&Y era stuff that they've had that wasn't finished but maybe now they've gone back to??

• Like 3

But what do we actually think it will sound like?

I'll just assume LP9 is music of the spheres and this is the artwork... I've got two guesses:

1. It's a retro rock'n roll/pop album. - So think Cry Cry Cry and Amazing Day and going for a 50's blues/gospel/Back to the Future vibe but with some fun rock songs thrown in. I feel like this would leave room for a few Top-40 singles that are super catchy and pop-vocal driven but also some fun alternative sounds. It would feel natural coming off of Everyday Life. I remember there was a "Waltz in B-Minor, Radio Dial" song that probably turned into Kaleidiscope on AHFOD. It almost feels like the band had the idea of doing a radio-dial album and I get that vibe from this image.

2. It's a weird spacey album - This is what i'd prefer. A space odyssey telling a weird story. Tons of synths and Jonny wailing on his e-bow. Think a mix of X&Y, MX and Kaleidiscope EP. Maybe this would be too similar to X&Y or just way too out there for a commercial album.

The only issue is that all indications are pointing to the album being "standard." We know Chris almost saved Orphans for the next album, which is the most standard pop song on EL. We also know the record label is anticipating a more "standard" release, so I'll go ahead and assume that means "commercial." They love the Cry Cry Cry pitched vocals and Chris says they have another song with it they love (probably LP9). And finally, we know Coldplay wants to do something that can be toured, which implies it needs to have big sing-alongs and more explosiveness. So does that mean explosive rock and roll or explosive pop?

• Like 4

Music of spheres is definitely a new X&Y i reckon, not a re-worked one but what it should of been (according to them) but i think it's a brilliant album anyway but there must be a tonne of unfinished X&Y era stuff that they've had that wasn't finished but maybe now they've gone back to??

Actually I wish they would release the studio outtakes the way they were in some fancy X&Y deluxe box set in 2025.

If they just wouldn't hate that era so much...

• Like 5

Definitely a whiff of "Back to the Future" about all of this. Everyday Life teased the date 1919 and Jonny's grandads band. The teaser for Music of the Spheres teased fftf and 2024. Fftf, fit for the future which is an environmental lobby? Chris also mentioned Michael J Fox and said "go Johnny, go, go, go" during the band's live Jordan performance and the movie is a favourite of all the band. Think the 2024 is just a hypothetical date.

Also Cry, Cry, Cry is influenced by Earth Angel from the film.

• Like 1

What If Music of The Spheres symbol is just like flower of life in AHFOD and doesn’t indicate to anything on the coming album.

Colloquially, a ball is also called a sphere. So I read something online about how balls and marbles are spheres, which reminded me of Chris talking in an interview about the blue marble picture, the 1st photo taken of the earth from space. The celestial themed album artwork would fit in with that space theme too, plus it could also be a reference to how EL brings together different people and different musical styles from around the world (different worlds).

Hoping, like all of you, that we'll be spoiled with yet another album soon though!

• Like 2

On the whole X&Y redux thing...

It's so confusing because the album really is a fan favorite and in my opinion, one of their most alternative and epic. I think as an album, it doesn't flow very well and maybe there are too many tracks where Chris is using his falsetto, over and over and over. But the guitar is incredible and the use of organ and synths was flawless.

I'd be curious to see them revisit this era, but I'm also pretty content with it and don't want them to re-record it and make it worse haha

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Staying with the space theme, "2024" could be a reference to NASA's 2024 Apollo Moon Mission, Back to the moon. And maybe the car is an old rover (-> lunar rover)? There's also a theme of bringing old and new together in the picture generally as with regards to Music of the Spheres, I learned that this seems to relate back to old theories by scientists Pythagoras and Kepler and their work on the relationship between music, harmonics and geometry, as well as the universe. In that album booklet picture that could be represented by the celestial symbols and geometrical shapes. NASA also seem to be exploring this Music of the Spheres theory further, saying "Lunar exploration is musical" and more on their website, and they're trying to sonify data from space. Perhaps Space Symphony could be a Coldplay adaptation of it? It sounds like a great title for a song either way.

• Like 5