✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Unnamed LP9 Thread

jc90

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9853]9853[/ATTACH]

What does it say at the top? Something symphony, right? Could it be Sphere Symphony?

Space Symphony, aka Moving to Mars. :)

I wonder if they'll end up repurposing more of these old demos like they did with Arabesque and Love In A Lethal Dose (which undoubtedly became the Avicii collab Lethal Drug). Imagine a version of Mining On the Moon, which is an unreleased Viva demo that supposedly exists on the internet but I've never been able to track it down... that title really sounds like a space rock song.

I think Mining On the Moon could be perfect if @LisaFeehily is correct!

Staying with the space theme, "2024" could be a reference to NASA's 2024 Moon Mission, Back to the moon. And maybe the car is an old rover (-> lunar rover)? There's also a theme of bringing old and new together in the picture generally as with regards to Music of the Spheres, I learned that this seems to relate back to old theories by scientists Pythagoras and Kepler and their work on the relationship between music, harmonics and geometry, as well as the universe. In that album booklet picture that could be represented by the celestial symbols and geometrical shapes. NASA also seem to be exploring this Music of the Spheres theory further, saying "Lunar exploration is musical" and more on their website, and they're trying to sonify data from space. Perhaps Space Symphony could be a Coldplay adaptation of it? It sounds like a great title for a song either way.

• Like 3

On the whole X&Y redux thing...

It's so confusing because the album really is a fan favorite and in my opinion, one of their most alternative and epic. I think as an album, it doesn't flow very well and maybe there are too many tracks where Chris is using his falsetto, over and over and over. But the guitar is incredible and the use of organ and synths was flawless.

I'd be curious to see them revisit this era, but I'm also pretty content with it and don't want them to re-record it and make it worse haha

My take on why the band dislikes the album so much is because if what you just mentioned... there is no flow. I LOVE the album.. it's a collection of amazing songs/hits .. but that's it. Not good enough for Coldplay :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! So, I’ve seen some posts of people saying that LP9 could be a follow up of Mylo Xyloto, what do you think of this possibility? The comics did have somewhat of an “open ending”....here is a picture someone uploaded on Reddit showing some similarities:

05F96734-6E93-4F7B-852E-71AEDA4EFCB0.thumb.jpeg.aed93d4f09d9ce38ab776618b4bb1dc9.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi! So, I’ve seen some posts of people saying that LP9 could be a follow up of Mylo Xyloto, what do you think of this possibility? The comics did have somewhat of an “open ending”....here is a picture someone uploaded on Reddit showing some similarities:

I think it's not impossible. Do you remember Mylo Xyloto 2 theory right after the release of Mylo Xyloto. There were too many songs scrapped out at the Mylo Xyloto sessions. There were rumours about the band wants to release those songs too with Mylo Xyloto 2 album like they did with Prospekt's March in Viva era. I will be very happy if they do that. Because the limited colors theme of Mylo Xyloto is stylistically awesome and sounds are so rough. In that time Mylo Xyloto was so different and too much pop for people but now after AHFOD and Everyday Life people started to figure out how that album was Coldplay-ish and mainly "rock" album.

• Like 5

I’m a bit confused rn. I’ve read through some stuff and theories about LP9 now and in some posts Back To The Future was mentioned. But I mean...I’ve googled FFTF when I read it first and discovered a Wiki thread, called Fast Flux Test Facility.

Now why did I mention BTTF though I never rly watched it (pls no hatred lol)

Well, cuz of the DeLorean and it’s Fluxcapacitor (of which I was aware before) and I don’t get why no one actually mentioned it until now ^^ Or did I skip something <.<

Anyway, not like I’m sure about that, how can I be. But it’s, as mentioned many times before by others, one of the band’s favorite movies and the DeLorean is part of it.

Apart from that, I can’t really imagine it’s gonna come up in April. That’d still be so early. But logically, for the car’s plate, I’d still go with April 24th as well.

But, just to mention it, I thought about 24th or 42nd week of the year as well.

Also about the X&Y theories. I doubt it’s gonna be a re-edited version of it already, at least for LP9. Chris said in the interview with Jo Whiley of BBC (2?) one or two months back:

“Well the third one, called X&Y, I would re-edit a bit...and probably will. I have a playlist in my laptop, I haven’t told the rest of the band this actually. But maybe when it’s like the 20th anniversary, I’m gonna/will/would(?) do that, like the album should have been.”

I’ve luckily recorded it back then, cuz it’s not on the bbc website anymore (maybe someone can find it again sonwhere else), so I just typed it off.

Anyway, if he didn’t want to troll us a bit, I believe the X&Y re-edit is really coming in 2025 the earliest, if it’s coming at all, what I really hope. Hope I was able to help or so :)

• Like 2

When I saw your version of the picture btw, I realized something. With EL they had a cover for their 2 parts of the album, sunrise and sunset: a sun and a moon.

Looking at the poster in the booklet and comparing it to yours: Let’s say the planet on top really is the moon, a bit lower, but inside the circle, the sun. Is it possible, with the helix in the middle (“Same f***ing blood”) it’s referring to EL at this point? The planet or thing on the right has some kind of symbol or so on top, which reminds me of a church’s a bit (Church, 2nd song from EL I mean). Maybe, just like the hints with the moon phases they had on their website for months, that’s a hint for the next thing as well? Oh boy, speculating about this actually quite fun haha

• Like 2

Addressing some of the thoughts here:

1. MX 2 - The Sequel? For me, it's highly unlikely LP9 is a sequel, but it's an interesting catch that the swirl was the symbol for hurts like heaven. Probably coincidence. However, as a lover of the MX era, I'd be excited if they made a return to alternative rock with a fun pop edge to it.

2. Back to the Future - We should always be on the lookout for clues like this. I think Fight For The Future is a really good prediction. Also, we know Cry Cry Cry was inspired by Back to the future and that alien voice is making a return... so maybe more tracks in this style? I for one am guessing LP9 goes for a retro pop vibe, so lot's of R&B and doo-wop.

3. Just related to EL - Maybe? We perhaps never considered that this could be an EP or within the EL era. But also, EL is a really inclusive album and doesn't feel like it would have b-sides. Like tracks that should have been b-sides imo weren't haha.

4. Other random predictions:

• Music of the Spheres is a direct reference to scientists that have explored the sounds planets and celestial bodies makes and it's a spacey album with ambient moments and is inspired by planets.
  • Music of the Spheres is actually referring to hemispheres. The songs are all inspired by, and collaborated, with artists from across the globe: more afro-beats, spanish guitar, latin-american beats, folk etc. Think Los Unidades.

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

In that live stream on Instagram Chris said some stuff:

-when asked to play Us Against The World he said that they didn’t finish it back then and did now but didn’t want to promote anything at this point

-when asked for UFO he said there’s another one called like that that we don’t yet know

-in the very beginning he mentioned he was supposed to be with the band now but they are in different parts of the world/different countries (don’t remember what he said precisely but in that way definitely)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

Chris also said "We have a new song... That I'm not supposed to talk about... So I wont." And then laughed it off when he realized he wasn't supposed to bring it up. I'm not sure if this is anything, but when Chris was taking requests, Guy commented "Macadamu." Could this be a new song? Or Guy just mashing his keyboard :joy::joy:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

In that live stream on Instagram Chris said some stuff:

-when asked to play Us Against The World he said that they didn’t finish it back then and did now but didn’t want to promote anything at this point

-when asked for UFO he said there’s another one called like that that we don’t yet know

-in the very beginning he mentioned he was supposed to be with the band now but they are in different parts of the world/different countries (don’t remember what he said precisely but in that way definitely)

I just finished watching the stream too!! I didn’t watch 100 % of it because of internet connectivity but I did catch a portion where he played a song I didn’t recognize (was it a cover or... ) but stopped after 5 or so seconds and said “it’s too early to try that” or something like that :)

• Like 2

I just finished watching the stream too!! I didn’t watch 100 % of it because of internet connectivity but I did catch a portion where he played a song I didn’t recognize (was it a cover or... ) but stopped after 5 or so seconds and said “it’s too early to try that” or something like that :)

I’m not 100% sure, so I say 95% lol, but if I recall right he referred to an existing song, which confused me a little.

Since I don’t remember which one, I could imagine they are digging out some rather “unknown”/less publicly known songs for their next tour or so, so that’s why he said that.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Talking about preparing known songs, maybe that’s the reason why they made a few music vid thumbnails on YT black and white, as a hint for us what is awaiting us...theory based on something I’ve read here or in that other popular one recently

• Like 2

Which minute is that?

I think with the whole alien character thing that Chris confirmed they wanna take further and his hint that they have a not yet released song called UFO, and the album booklet image, something space-themed is pretty much confirmed at this point.

• Like 5
  • Wow 2

It was Bowie's Life on Mars

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So April 4 and April 24 have flown by, getting rid of FFTF2024 theories for now. Our next notable date will be May 11, per the TiT video, but that could also be flipped to be Nov. 5, which is feeling more likely given COVID-19. 

It's already been said on this forum, but I'm doubtful of anything on May 11. In addition to most artists delaying their album releases, you have other artists like The 1975 and The Killers releasing their albums in May. So even if they released something, there's big competition in the pop and alt-rock world in May that would take the media spotlight. 

One thing that does keep me hopeful, however, is the band's social media activity -- posting lots every week from playlists, to videos, to Guy's car stuff (sigh). Maybe this is just because they're trying to give us stuff while we're stuck at home, but maybe they're also working right now on new music! 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

In my opinion, this cold play has lost vision of their roots. I want them to make an album in favor of their first two albums.

In fact, the recently released album is also good, but that's not good and complicated enough to impress my human feelings.

When I heard the first two albums, I thought it was crazy. Amazed.

I want to listen to a vocal album and songs that represent myself.

I don't want Brian Eno and Jay Z! Both of them can leave the city! I just want to hear Martin's beautiful voice.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 11:19 PM, lennyrott1 said:

One thing that does keep me hopeful, however, is the band's social media activity -- posting lots every week from playlists, to videos, to Guy's car stuff (sigh). Maybe this is just because they're trying to give us stuff while we're stuck at home, but maybe they're also working right now on new music! 

Perhaps they are all four together in California? As location of their  performance of 'Paradise' during the 'Global Goal: Unite For Our Future Concert' Los Angeles was shown.