🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kinda boring?[/size] :sick:

errr...if you're posting this statement in the Snow Patrol thread, then it's highly likely. :dozey:

Will be the best album with 14 songs this year. ;):P

ouch. ;p

saw the tracklisting already on SP.com, but it's great to see that the title track IS in the album. case closed. :D

I LOVE the artwork!! And 14 songs :awesome: Just pre-ordered the CD/DVD version (with RAH extract :dance: ) The countdown begins!!

me too! pre-order done (& dibs on pre-sale for UK tour when it's announced/on sale! you ARE coming to London next year, right? :D) & love the artwork! so there *was* a reason for that awesome soaring eagle at the foyer's staircase at the "fallen Empire" last Monday night (sorry, couldn't resist... :P)

Can't wait!!! :D it really has made my day and as much as i'm looking forward to MX i'm doubly excited for Fallen Empires. The artwork is so cool as well. I'm pre-ordering mine on Wednesday and can't wait to see them up in Dublin. Ooooooooh i'm so excited :D

awesomes! good luck getting your ticket(s)! :)

Hi guys!!

Fantastic news!!! :dance:

I'm about to pre-order the album... do you think the DVD edition will also be available at places like amazon later?

Because then I wouldn't have to pay the shipping costs...

But I'll definitely get this, so excited to watch the DVD!!! (Wow, just remembered I still haven't found time to watch the Biffy DVD :embarrassed:)

Hiii!!!! I just saw this on tumblr. Its a cute interview for Brazilian TV, recorded back in 2010, its about plans for Rock in Rio. I've never seen it, so if you haven't here is the link: http://toptvz.com.br/noticias/Entrevista--Snow-Patrol-fala-sobre-o-Rock-in-Rio-e-outros-projetos-para-2011

Its Gary and Pablo! They're also talking about getting married, being drunk, and how some "herbs" are good for you! :D

Hiii!!!! I just saw this on tumblr. Its a cute interview for Brazilian TV, recorded back in 2010, its about plans for Rock in Rio. I've never seen it, so if you haven't here is the link: http://toptvz.com.br/noticias/Entrevista--Snow-Patrol-fala-sobre-o-Rock-in-Rio-e-outros-projetos-para-2011

Its Gary and Pablo! They're also talking about getting married, being drunk, and how some "herbs" are good for you! :D

Hi guys!!

I'm about to pre-order the album... do you think the DVD edition will also be available at places like amazon later?

But I'll definitely get this, so excited to watch the DVD!!! (Wow, just remembered I still haven't found time to watch the Biffy DVD :embarrassed:)

i haven't watched the Biffy DVD since the screening either. :shame:

anyway, i think that Deluxe CD/DVD should be available elsewhere eventually. the only one that was marked as a "Web Store Exclusive" is the double gatefold vinyl.

errr...if you're posting this statement in the Snow Patrol thread, then it's highly likely. :dozey:

ouch. ;p

saw the tracklisting already on SP.com, but it's great to see that the title track IS in the album. case closed. :D

me too! pre-order done (& dibs on pre-sale for UK tour when it's announced/on sale! you ARE coming to London next year, right? :D) & love the artwork! so there *was* a reason for that awesome soaring eagle at the foyer's staircase at the "fallen Empire" last Monday night (sorry, couldn't resist... :P)

awesomes! good luck getting your ticket(s)! :)

thanks :D fingers crossed it won't be too difficult…… also finally got authorised for TTB.com yesterday at long last haha, yesterday was a great Snow Patrol related day, looking forward to more to come!

Hi guys!!

Yes, it's on the UK Amazon site, so will probably appear on the other Amazon websites as well.

I will if the date is suitable so may the polarbear make a gig on a saturday PLZZZZZZZZZZ :rolleyes:

i hope so too...even tho i'm in London. i can't possibly be taking days off for queuing at gigs! not that i've done that, tho i did try to for the Shepherd's Bush gig (& failed miserably...darn project deadlines :thinking: ). :inquisitive:

thanks :D fingers crossed it won't be too difficult…… also finally got authorised for TTB.com yesterday at long last haha, yesterday was a great Snow Patrol related day, looking forward to more to come!

that's great! welcome to the TTB.com world! :D

...tho tbh, i only really go in there & lurk around. & do it more often when there's a gig happening soon.

Don't know what country you live in (only that according to your flag it's in the EU) but you can preorder the CD+DVD version of the album now on play.com for £11.99. There's a list here of all the non-UK countries they deliver to, and it's still free!

http://www.play.com/Help.html?page=del#jump-ec

me mucking around with my iPad to make a SP music video (sort of) featuring the planet A Hundred Million Suns in the Snow Patrol galaxy...& my reflection. i apologise for that & the sight of my face spoiling the otherwise beautiful visuals. :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZQ4ySFsu1A]Planetary / The Planets Bend Between Us[/ame]

it was loads of fun & a thoroughly memorable night with friends (Virginie, you are a life saver & the true queue hero! here's to another SP gig with all the Polar Teddies...or as many as the lads can muster over to London in the winter! ;) )...even though we were split up all over the stalls! hands down best gig for me this year so far! :D

Still haven't commented the gig, but you did it so well Kimmi! :) Let's say I was lucky cause people really began to arrive a good half hour after I join the queue, so I arrived at the right time! So glad you guys were able to join without any problem afterwards ^^

Nothing else to say, except that it was really the gig of the year for me too! It was just perfect!

It will probably bonus on the deluxe edition of the album...maybe not the entire set but bits of it.

So, it seems you were right on this one! I'm glaad we finally get to see this tour, even if it's just highlights ;)

Open Your Eyes live was amazing! i loved the part in the song where it builds up to the "big" crescendo towards the end & at full on epic volumic proportions that a live performance has! :)

my 1st SP gig was actually on the Reworked tour. so it's great to finally get to see them in their usual rocking element as opposed to the semi-formal/toned down setting & musical arrangements for the Reworked tour.

I didn't even know that it was your 1st "rocking-SP gig"! It was great to see them open the concert with OYE! They did it for the Up To Now tour and I still beleive it's a great choice to win the crowd from the beginning!

I will if the date is suitable so may the polarbear make a gig on a saturday PLZZZZZZZZZZ :rolleyes:

i hope so too...even tho i'm in London. i can't possibly be taking days off for queuing at gigs! not that i've done that, tho i did try to for the Shepherd's Bush gig (& failed miserably...darn project deadlines :thinking: ). :inquisitive:

I'm crossing my fingers for us all! ^^

Don't know what country you live in (only that according to your flag it's in the EU) but you can preorder the CD+DVD version of the album now on play.com for £11.99. There's a list here of all the non-UK countries they deliver to, and it's still free!

Thanks a lot for the advice!! :nice:

I'm impatient and I want to preorder, so I'll order at Play.com. :awesome:

Thx for the advice! Don't know what to do either, cause the code for the presale is also interesting to have... :P

SNOW PATROL TO PLAY LATER... WITH JOOLS HOLLAND will air in the UK on BBC2 on Tuesday night at 10pm. [/url]

Any stream for people who's not living in UK?

your best bet would be youtube a few days after the performance. I doubt there'd be a live stream :/

i got my tickets today :D so happy, can't wait for it now and the album!!! it's going to be so awesome

either wait for it to show up on YouTube, or if you're comfortable/confident enough with techy stuff, look for a free UK proxy host to get access to the BBC iPlayer online.

i got my tickets today :D so happy, can't wait for it now and the album!!! it's going to be so awesome

great that you didn't have any trouble getting tickets...it'll definitely be an awesome time! :D

btw, was it via CrowdSurge again? i got my code today, but i'll be saving it for when the London date is announced. *fingers & toes all crossed*

hmmm...i'm quite liking CrowdSurge so far, actually. i bought tickets for Ash before the SP London gig at The Empire, so i luckily didn't have to register...but in my excitement then, i'd forgotten my password! d'oh! :facepalm:

in comparison, for the Q Awards gig, i ended up missing out on tickets as the pre-sale site (Aloud.com) was totally not working for me & the only number given for help was Seetickets who told me they just flat out couldn't help me. then on general sale day, tickets sold out in minutes only to show up within the day on reseller sites (even got a Seatwave emailer in the evening telling me those tickets were available!) :thinking:

...for Children In Need it was even faster. got the Seatwave emailer within 30mins of tickets going on sale to inform me tickets were available on the site.

anyway, ticketing issues rant aside, SP opened the Jools Holland show with COITD...which was rather poor, imo. didn't really carry thru well over the telly. other song played tonight was This Isn't Everything You Are...which sounded much better & it was great to hear it played w/o the distractions of screaming fans. ;)

think right now my fave tracks on Fallen Empires would be

1) Fallen Empires

2) The Weight Of Love

3) This Isn't Everything You Are

:)

never mind, a ticket still might pop up somewhere for the Q show.

For me I was too busy singing along to notice although i could pick up the electrical side of things once in awhile over my horrific singing and thought it was ok. It's only like the 5th or 6th time it's been played live so they could still be getting use to it maybe? For me This Isn't Everything You Are was sublime. My favourite of the album so far definitely.

My top 3 would probably be at the moment:

1. This Isn't Everything You Are

2. Fallen Empires

3. New York

probably. but i was thinking it might've been that the audio settings were off (despite the soundcheck earlier) for that song. the other bands, artists & SP's own 2nd number sounded much better. & i noticed there seemed to be some mic issues intermittently.

anyway, here's an Absolute Radio podcast i fished out of iTunes...which i didn't realise was even there (assumed it was a recording of that real short interview Gary did when they 1st played COITD)...so, here you lot go: a nice long phone chat with details about the album, life, music, U2, Barry's Tea, etc. :)

EDIT: oh, wait! it IS that interview...but in its full unedited glory! :D

hey there, I think there's no mexican SP fan but just in case if anyone passes by please join this facebook page cause there's no mexican site, forum, facebook page or group that I have found. It would be nice meeting other fans and maybe even organizing something :D

of course, it's not mandatory that you are mexican to join :D

PS: I do not consider myself the greatest SP fan ever, cause I dont know everything about them and I don't have all the time in the world to administrate a site or something, I just love them very much and want to gather people, I'm just giving a first step :)

The Jools Holland performances are up on YouTube now for those asking! I thought they were great :wacky:

COITD:

This Isn't Everything You Are:

Questions, however: I know the UK release date is Nov. 14. However, does anyone know the US release date? I would assume Nov. 15, the Tuesday like usual, but Amazon is saying Nov. 22 (and also charging a BOATLOAD more for all formats of the CD right now :uhoh:). I think I'm just going to order the CD/DVD edition (I was at one of the Royal Albert Hall Reworked gigs, so I have to have that on DVD :P) from the official site and hope they ship to the US.