✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

put moses on new album

elroy bo

They probably wouldn't do this. And Coldplay are brilliant at sticking great tunes out on b-sides and eps and things, but I always felt this was such a great tune and deserved to be on an album. Radiohead's last LP had a few not too new tunes on it.

• Like 3

I wish they would bring Moses back along with all the other unreleased material they played live between 2001 and 2003. But most of them were scrapped and Until The Water Flows Over was revisited in the Viva sessions before it too was scrapped.

8 hours ago, elroy bo said:

Radiohead's last LP had a few not too new tunes on it.

Coldplay have done the same thing with a few songs. That's true.

But I can't help but think that Radiohead actively search through their back catalogue of leftover songs when they start working on each new album. Every Radiohead album has old songs. I don't think Coldplay do that anywhere near as often. But hey... I Might Be Wrong. ?

• Like 1

There's tunes I can understand not making the album - Rainy Day is a lot of fun, but not a good fit for Viva La Vida. And I doubt they'd put out anything on an album proper that has already had a studio release.

"Moses" however is top drawer stuff...

Edited by elroy bo
  • Like 2

I somewhat hope Coldplay don't continue forever... sorta like The Rolling Stones... I really like them too, but albums from them have mostly seem to have been an excuse for touring since about 1980. And that Coldplay only continue as a creative force.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, elroy bo said:

I somewhat hope Coldplay don't continue forever... sorta like The Rolling Stones... I really like them too, but albums from them have mostly seem to have been an excuse for touring since about 1980. And that Coldplay only continue as a creative force.

I hope they actually do continue until their old age...a world without Coldplay is something I don't even want to imagine.

• Like 3

I agree, I hope to see them continue to make music.

My Father is a Baby Boomer who loves The Kinks and that band is still around creating music. Hope when I'm much older Coldplay will continue to be a creative force. It's truly up to the band however that would be wonderful.

• Like 3

On 5/9/2021 at 9:04 AM, elroy bo said:

I totally get your point and agree with you. I can't en don't want to imagine a time where there will never be new Coldplay music or concerts... But at the same time, seeing bands carry on for 40, 50 years, getting old, hmm, it's not always the best thing to do. I'm thinking of some Bob Dylan live performances, uf...

There's also something valid in stopping when you're at your best. U2 is another example for me. They keep evolving, but I think their best work was many years ago. Hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings with this ? 

That said, I really need the energy from Coldplay liveshows to keep me going. So let's just hope they will stay relevant and interesting for a while. ?

Edited by Bauk

Am not such a fan of "Everyday LIfe" as some of the other Coldplay LPs but it's still a distinctive and interesting record and not just a re-tread. If we only get 9 LPs out Coldplay, that's still good going.

I don't think "Higher Power" is the best thing they've done - maybe a bit worrying it is their 1st single from a projected album (often the best thing on an lp) but it is not below par.

Just need to put "Moses" on it and another decent 8 tunes. Coldplay do seem capable of self-editing. Most of their albums aren't too long and are 10 or 11 songs.

Is #9 definitely called 'Music Of The Spheres' and is this a reference to the globe on the piano and on the debut album cover?

Edited by elroy bo

• 2 weeks later...