✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

World Tour Setlist Predictions for MOTS Era

lennyrott1

Hey all, I'm bored waiting for the new album to drop, so thought it'd be fun for folks to share what they think Coldplay will perform during a MOTS world tour era.

This is particularly tricky because with nine albums out and the band historically performing tight two-hour shows, it is hard to imagine how they play all of their hits while still leaving room for moments that feel intimate, unique and pleasing to old-school fans who have seen them before and don't want to hear the same setlist. There's also the question of whether the tour set up will be like AHFOD, with A,B, and C stages or if they'll do a 360 stage like U2 did a while back. Finally, a question hanging over me: Will they perform anything from fan favorite Everyday Life?

There are no rules to this! this can be your dream set list or it can be your realistic prediction! 

Putting mine in spoilers as an example. 

Spoiler

I think they'll continue using the same stage set up as the AHFOD tour with roughly the same layout. I was lucky to go to an arena show and was just so impressed on how the concert was paced and how it balanced big explosive moments with intimate small feeling moments. I honestly don't see (outside of a 360 stage) how they could make the flow of the concert better, so I think they'll stick to the formula of performing for about 2 hours or just over.  I also think they WON'T play any major songs from Everyday Life, except maybe Guns or an audio transition between songs.

A Stage

• MOTS 1 (walk on stage)
  • Higher Power (fireworks) Holographic dancers
  • Humankind
  • Charlie Brown or ETIAW (rotating)
  • Piano transitions and Chris addresses the crowd into... 
  • Paradise
  • Let Somebody Go
  • The Scientist
  • Fix You (fade out, strings and instrumental)

B Stage

• Ghost Stories Medley (Magic halfway switches to Ink/True Love)
  • Human Heart
  • Yellow Stripped, band walks off while Chris jams on guitar

A Stage

• People of the Pride
  • Violet Hill or Politik
  • Viva La Vida
  • Adventure of a Lifetime
  • MOTS 2 transition
  • My Universe (BTS holograms dancing)
  • ...Band jams over poetry, spoken word goes dark... 
  • BREAK ***When I Need A Friend and lights***

C Stage in stands

• Guns
  • X&Y Song: A Message, Til Kingdom Come, Acoustic Speed of Sound
  • Parachutes/AROBTTH song: Sparks, Don’t Panic, Shiver, Warning Sign, Green Eyes

A Stage 

• Infinity Sign 
  • A Sky Full of Stars
  • Coloratura

Edited by lennyrott1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Espero que toque las siguientes canciones:

Hablar - Cuadrado uno - Baja - Velocidad del sonido - No dejes que te rompa el corazón - Mudarse a Marte y Gravedad (imposible) - O (Volar) - Shiver - Violet Hill - 42 

Edited by Dherlax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I posted mine on Reddit a few weeks back, and modified one after the recent live shows so I think it's pretty realistic. Slightly longer setlist, though, but nevertheless I think it's good:

A STAGE

Music of the Spheres I (intro)

Higher Power

Clocks

Viva La Vida

Paradise

Hymn for the Weekend/Every Teardrop is a Waterfall/Humankind

B STAGE

Magic

Everyday Life/Trouble in Town

Let Somebody Go

Human Heart

A STAGE

People of the Pride

Adventure of a Lifetime

The Scientist

Charlie Brown

Fix You

C STAGE 

Alien Choir (Transition)

Yellow (sadly)

In My Place/Us Against the World

Champion of the World/Sparks/Don't Panic

Spoken Word Poetry (like the Coleman Barks poem)

Audience Request/Special Song (personalized per city/country)

A STAGE

Infinity Sign (transition)

Something Just Like This

My Universe

A Sky Full of Stars

Coloratura

NOTE: There are also songs they might play intermittently such as Violet Hill, GPASUYF, Speed of Sound, Everglow, etc.) but the ones I listed might be the main ones IMO. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheBigBadBono said:

I posted mine on Reddit a few weeks back, and modified one after the recent live shows so I think it's pretty realistic. Slightly longer setlist, though, but nevertheless I think it's good:

A STAGE

Music of the Spheres I (intro)

Higher Power

Clocks

Viva La Vida

Paradise

Hymn for the Weekend/Every Teardrop is a Waterfall/Humankind

B STAGE

Magic

Everyday Life/Trouble in Town

Let Somebody Go

Human Heart

A STAGE

People of the Pride

Adventure of a Lifetime

The Scientist

Charlie Brown

Fix You

C STAGE 

Alien Choir (Transition)

Yellow (sadly)

In My Place/Us Against the World

Champion of the World/Sparks/Don't Panic

Spoken Word Poetry (like the Coleman Barks poem)

Audience Request/Special Song (personalized per city/country)

A STAGE

Infinity Sign (transition)

Something Just Like This

My Universe

A Sky Full of Stars

Coloratura

NOTE: There are also songs they might play intermittently such as Violet Hill, GPASUYF, Speed of Sound, Everglow, etc.) but the ones I listed might be the main ones IMO. 

I'll make an mp3 with all the songs listed to see how it goes - I'll update you guys later

I think they'll continue with the trend of doing most of the songs from the new album, while keeping the usual hits with slight variations to mix things up a bit. I really really hope we get at least one Everyday Life song as a mainstay on the B Stage part of the concerts.

Also I'm glad they seem to be giving Clocks the "pop up the crowd hit song" that was IMP and Yellow during the MX and AHFOD eras, respectively. And Chris doesn't seem to be lipsyncing to it so far!

• Like 3

I agree that the show will have familiar elements to the AHFOD tour since it was so successful and flowed so well. Ghost Stories is my favourite, but think they'll drop songs from that and Everyday Life in favour of promoting MOTS. Here's my prediction (my dream setlist would be very different). Excited to see them live again one day!  

A Stage 
Music of the Spheres 
Higher Power
Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
Clocks
Viva La Vida

B Stage
Human Heart
Let Somebody Go
The Scientist (Chris only)

A Stage 
Paradise
Adventure of a Lifetime
People of the Pride
Fix You 

C Stage 
Cry Cry Cry / BrokEn (interchangeable)
Yellow (Acoustic)
*Request/Guest/Rare Song
MOTS 2 (Transition)

A Stage
My Universe
A Sky Full of Stars
Coloratura
Infinity Sign (Outro)

• Like 3

My prediction on the base setlist

Music Of The Spheres/Higher Power

Something Just Like This

Yellow

Charlie Brown

Midnight (snippet)/Fix You

Paradise

Human Heart

Adventure Of A Lifetime

People Of The Pride

Magic

Hymn For The Weekend

The Scientist

My Universe

-----

Let Somebody Go

Viva La Vida

A Sky Full Of Stars

Coloratura

Edited by beastwars
  • Like 1

Okay this sounds fun. I am also trying to put something together which could make sense and would maybe also be a setlist I would love to hear live.?
I try to create a setlist that fits to the theme of the new album that includes spacy sounds, their big hits obviously and also of course a lot of songs from the new album.
I copied the setlist-structure of the first post because it looked really well and I can imagine them going with "different" stages again!

A Stage

• MOTS 1
  • Higher Power
  • Humankind
  • Yellow
  • Clocks
  • Paradise (it feels like Paradise after Clocks works out well :P)
  • Let Somebody Go
  • Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

B Stage

• Midnight (maybe only an instrumental which leads then into Human Heart)
  • Human Heart
  • ALIENS (I would loove to hear that song live. Maybe in an acoustic version, but it would fit very well to this tour i think)
  • Violet Hill (Chris starts playing this song and they either transition into POTP or go full band on mainstage)

A Stage

• People of the Pride
  • Viva La Vida
  • Fix You
  • Charlie Brown
  • Adventure of a Lifetime
  • Moving to Mars (May be very unrealistic but please let this dream become true. Such a great song)
  • MOTS 2 transition
  • My Universe (BTS holograms dancing)
  • Major Minus

C Stage in stands

• Acoustic Speed of Sound/Acoustic Talk (They had a great GPASUYF/Talk Mix at concerts years ago)
  • Sparks (They played it a couple of times in streams and the "EL Tour". Hopefully they keep on ging)
  • Us Against The World (including the new middle part)

A Stage 

• Infinity Sign
  • The Scientist
  • A Sky Full of Stars
  • Coloratura

I realized how hard it is to create a setlist with the history this band has. Some songs maybe feel placed weird kind of but there are also some parts I really would love to see happening next year at their tour. Listening to Moving to Mars and ALIENS live would be awesome and for their B&C Stage they have such a wide range of songs where they can choose from.

• Like 2

If they choose to play, "Champion of the World" live at any concert (I'm hoping someone somewhere will host their phone video onto YouTube) I'll be very happy.

I'm expecting the vast majority of songs being on MotS, maybe they'll cut out 1 or 2. 

When I attended AHfoDreams tour the one I saw they cut out "Army of One" and but that was pretty much it.

When I saw the Viva tour, they cut out "Yes" with the venue I attended.

Just wanted to give some context to why they'd remove some songs from the setlist.

It would be sweet if Coldplay chose to play "Gravity" or "Moving to Mars" or "All I Can Think About Is You" or "Atlas" or "Square One" or "High Speed" because to me these collections of songs or by-themselves remind me of space in one way or another. They lend very well to this universal/space themed album.

• Like 4

This is a pretty hard one, the band has so many hits and popular songs to include. I feel like they will utilize the same kind of overall structure as in AHFOD tour, since that seemed pretty balanced and liked overall. A good mix of main stage and side stages. This is my prediction for the setlist:

A-stage (Music Of The Spheres as intro when band walks to stage)

1. Higher Power (Fireworks)
  2. Clocks
  3. Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (Confetti)
  4. Adventure of a Lifetime
  5. The Scientist
  6. Paradise
  7. Humankind

B-stage (Alien Choir on the background during transition)

1. Magic
  2. Everglow / Let Somebody Go / Daddy [pretty unlike but I wish] (Princess of China, Miracles (Someone Special), Everyday Life, or Lovers in Japan could appear every once in a while)
  3. Human Heart

A-Stage (Music Of The Spheres II on the background during transition)

1. People of The Pride
  2. Politik (Okay I don’t think this is likely, but please I really want Politik to make it in)
  3. Charlie Brown
  4. Fix You (Midnight excerpt during intro)
  5. Viva la Vida
  6. Hymn for the Weekend
  7. Something Just Like This
  8. In My Place

C-stage (Sunrise playing on the background during transition)

1. Champion Of The World (or maybe Cry Cry Cry every once in a while)
  2. A request song slot
  3. Yellow (Chris only)

A-stage

1. Infinity Sign (Chris will join towards the end; Guy, Jonny, and Will starting the song on A-stage when Yellow is over)
  2. My Universe
  3. A Sky Full Of Stars (Confetti)
  4. Coloratura (fireworks)

I really think Moving to Mars and A L I E N S would fit well into the theme of the tour, but they are probably pretty unlikely unfortunately. I wish Hypnotised would be included as well, especially since Chris said in the past that they want to spare it for the next tour, but I feel like they will leave it out of the set. I want to stick Birds in there too but probably not happening. 

Edited by Krizer
  • Like 3

I think is probably they will play some EL songs as they did with GS in AHFOD tour. I hope to hear Arabesque live... Trouble in Town and Champion of the world I think could fit good in the setlist.

Moving to Mars, ALIENS and most of XY would also fit very well with this album "aura".

Another tour full of hits would be awful in my opinion, they should do something more balanced.

Politik and Violet Hill could also return to the stage after their break in AHFOD tour.